User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: TypoC fails.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Post TypoC fails.

I'm not big on math. In fact I despise it. But nonetheless, I cannot find a better way to describe what I'm about to explain to you so here goes.

Variable's we'll need to be familiar with:
    M = Metaphours (me)
    O = Object/thing
    E = Emotion
    T = Time

Okay now that that's done, let's begin the equation.

EQUATION OF MY LIFE
    M + O = E
    I, like every natural human being has an emotional reaction whenever they come across some sort of object that has an effect on them. It could be the slightest thing and you may not even notice it, but I have come to realize that this is the basis of emotions. You hear about a terrible air disaster on your local news and your heart drops and suddenly you feel sad. This emotional equation applies. You're favorite show has been renewed for a fifth season. GREAT! Emotional equation, right there. (I hate to be summing things up in such a linear way which I NEVER do, in fact it's killing me inside to do this, but it seems like the only way I can actually explain what I'm trying to explain.) Alright, next equation.

(M + O)/T = > E
    Okay this is almost the same as the first equation, however we see that over time, my emotional response to the object decreases and I become bored and the object becomes another mundane aspect of my life.

Now this is what TypoC has become to me.

Basically, when I found TypoC, it was great because I could discuss things with fellow INFPs and other people who were familiar with and understood my situation and my personality traits. But over time, it's become little more than just a stop on my web browser "adventure" for me. And this is the sad, neverending basis of my life. Which I pointed out above. I find something, I love it for a while, and then after a while, I get bored and move on to "bigger and better things" like the parasite/nomad that I am. It's like a find a suitable, juicy-looking host, deprive it of all of it's supply of blood and nutrients and then move on to the next suitable host.

And it's not like I just noticed this right now, I noticed it a while ago, and I tried to stop this from happening by making my own "blog" and posting some of my "totally unique" poetry that went by completely unnoticed (not trying to sound like a stereotypical whiny NF btw, just stating the facts) which turned out terrible, frankly...

I don't know about this... This sad, everlasting trend seems to be the plot device in my sham of a life. And it's not just "things" like TypoC, it can be people, places, anything... And I'm sick of it. It depresses me to a level that's just irritating. And it's not you guys that makes me feel this way. There's always some sort of flaw that I somehow see in things no matter how good I feel about it, yet this flaw is my "little ginger bread man" if you will, because I can never seem to actually point out a single legitimate flaw in any of the things I end up abandoning. It makes me feel like a true coward.

I apologize if I'm being whiny and I apologize for being the kind of person who apologizes for being whiny, but this is just the way I feel. Despite the fact that I haven't been here that long and I don't really need a "ba feaux (spl?)" ending as I will no longer be posting on TypoC regularly, but more irregularly (hah, didn't see that comin' did ya?). Think of it as when Brian Wilson (albeit I have a significant less amount of influence) left the Beach Boys but still wrote music for them. Think of it as that. If you bother to read this. So I'll leave you as I came, silently, and suddenly like a thief in the night.
    Later, gaiz.

".lol ,sruohpatem - .suoixonbo oot t'nsaw tsop siht epoh I .tuo m'I ,thgirlA .hhayehc ,dlo sraey 51 m'I dna )revetahw ahah ...reilrae taht denoitnem I kniht I( yug a m'I ).ahah ,gniddik ...srepeerc ,lol( :wonk ot detnaw ohw enoyna roF ,WTB .foereht noitanibmoc emos ro tsitra/naicisum/rotca/retirwneercs a rehtie emoceb ot ekil dluow I dna ,gnitirw yojne yllaer I .yug fo dnik ,enoyreve htiw gnol a steg ,ot klat ot ysae ,yttiw ,citegrene ,duol a sa em wonk srehto dnA .suoromuh ylthgils gnihtemos syas eh ,seod eh nehw dna semitemos sklat ohw ,yug taht sa em wonk srehtO .REVE ,gnihtyna syas reven ohw relykS devreser ,teiuq eht sa em wonk elpoep emoS .)enasni yllautca ton m'I taht tnemmoc evoba ees( redrosid ytilanosrep elpitlum evah I taht ekoj semitemos I dna ,em ot sedis ynam era erehT .yllis/citegrene dna ycnuob ylgnisaercni erom dna erom emoceb I neht dna ,em wonk ot teg yllaer uoy sselnu ,efil laer ni teiuq etiuq m'I ,haey tub ,)LOL( edud looc ytterp a m'I kniht ot ekil d'I .ahah ,ton m'i - enasni m'I kniht t'nod ).lol ,bewretni eht ,dnim ym .g.e( dlrow laer-non eht ni emit erom dneps ot ekil I tub ,dlrow laer eht ni ,relykS sa nwonK .sruohpatem m'I ,yeH .OYE"

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Don't apologize for your whininess. If you're going to whine, own it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Perhaps globalchatter, which is the INFP forum, would work better for you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Perhaps globalchatter, which is the INFP forum, would work better for you?
    i was already a member of those forums and the same thing happened.
    + it's plagued by bad design

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't really see how your blog failed. It got the same amount of attention that they usually seem to get. And for a new blog it seemed to get a little more attention.

Yeah, you were only here like a month. I thought you were interesting at least.

Anyway....I guess you'll just have to learn that many things (especially when the involve people) are constantly in flux and changing. I don't really see quite how you can get bored with people that change. I mean, when you focus deeply on one individual or a group (like TypeC) there is always something new to discover. I'm constantly finding new things out about myself even.

I certainly understand the thrill of discovering new people (I'm quite addicted to seeking out and becoming attached to random people that I meet). Sometimes I realize that I'm starting to leave my old friends in the dust if I get too crazy doing this. Then I have to realize that, yeah, I may know them really well and they can become a little predictable....but because I know them so well, the little surprises that show up every now and then are so much more meaningful and thrilling. It's like finding a secret garden on property you thought you had all mapped out.

Good luck out there in the physical realms!
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SuperServal View Post
    Then I have to realize that, yeah, I may know them really well and they can become a little predictable....
    exactly. this whole thing has become so predictable and it's not effecting me the way it was before. i'm not getting bored per se, but it's just i don't feel the same way, you know?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well....regarding TypeC I don't really know exactly. I mean...there are always new people coming in here with their own personalities. The collective personality is constantly in flux. Also, the regular posters are only known by what they post. On an internet forum you only see what the posters let you see. It is fun to occasionally see sides to people and hear stories from them that you didn't know were hidden away inside them.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Getting bored with TV shows and online message boards is not a problem, IMO. At some point, I too may expect to get tired of discussing MBTI and move on. I have done that in the past with other message boards, where I took and gave all I could on a subject, and often times, the faces of the avatars had changed to ones I no longer recognized, so there was no reason to stick around. At approx 300 posts, you likely haven't been around long enough to care much about individuals here, and that's fine.

However, if this is an indication of your behavior in more significant areas of life (romance, friendships, jobs, etc), then maybe it is a problem.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Hahaha I never get bored of this place. Probably for two reasons. Every few weeks I have to leave for a week or longer to catch up on my online classes because I am a huge procrastinator.

The other reason is, how much do I actually stay on topic of MBTI? I use it to make fun of things and the like, or to go on a random tangent.

I just amuse myself.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Getting bored with TV shows and online message boards is not a problem, IMO. At some point, I too may expect to get tired of discussing MBTI and move on. I have done that in the past with other message boards, where I took and gave all I could on a subject, and often times, the faces of the avatars had changed to ones I no longer recognized, so there was no reason to stick around. At approx 300 posts, you likely haven't been around long enough to care much about individuals here, and that's fine.

However, if this is an indication of your behavior in more significant areas of life (romance, friendships, jobs, etc), then maybe it is a problem.
    I agree with this totally. I just personally haven't gotten bored with this forum. And I'm not saying that you are awful for feeling bored with it. Do whateva ya want!
    9 wing 1