User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: TypoC fails.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess sometimes why I feel like this about things is because it doesn't elicit the expected reaction after a certain amount of time. Like for example I see all you gaiz all together having a smashing time and then there's me in the corner posting my poetry up. It's almost like, what's the point? You know what I mean? After reading OrangeAppled post I've sort of reconsidered my decision but still, it's just... I don't see a real point in posting on TypoC much anymore unless theres a discussion that I find really interesting. But even then, I may put in an intelligent reply and it's just like afterwards I feel like: "It's just the internet, it would have made no difference if I had posted that there either way, so what was the point of doing so in the first place?" <--this is how i feel about a lot of things in life

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Like for example I see all you gaiz all together having a smashing time and then there's me in the corner posting my poetry up
    You're making it seem like we're all great friends and totally leaving you out. This is totally not true. This is a random place where people and discussions haphazardly form and dissolve wherever, whenever. It's just a bunch of random people posting crazy shit on the internet, dude. That is the drawback and the appeal of places like this.

But even then, I may put in an intelligent reply and it's just like afterwards I feel like: "It's just the internet, it would have made no difference if I had posted that there either way, so what was the point of doing so in the first place?" <--this is how i feel about a lot of things in life
    I feel this way sometimes. Like, "why the hell should I devote time to an internet forum? I've got stuff in the physical world to worry about...I should apply myself there." But then I just get sucked into all the interesting stuff going on. And I keep reminding myself that these are all real people. That makes it seem more worthwhile when I picture the actual humans behind the post.

And it seems dangerous to think of yourself as not mattering in life. True...if you didn't exist the world wouldn't know any better, but you do exist....so it does know better. You impact people in ways nobody will ever know, least of all you. I don't want to start sounding saccharine and cliche here, but everyone is important somehow, someway because they do influence the greater world.
    9 wing 1

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I guess sometimes why I feel like this about things is because it doesn't elicit the expected reaction after a certain amount of time. Like for example I see all you gaiz all together having a smashing time and then there's me in the corner posting my poetry up. It's almost like, what's the point? You know what I mean? After reading OrangeAppled post I've sort of reconsidered my decision but still, it's just... I don't see a real point in posting on TypoC much anymore unless theres a discussion that I find really interesting. But even then, I may put in an intelligent reply and it's just like afterwards I feel like: "It's just the internet, it would have made no difference if I had posted that there either way, so what was the point of doing so in the first place?" <--this is how i feel about a lot of things in life
    My first reaction to this was "Yes! That's exactly it!" But then, if you post 20 times, 16 are ignored, you get dumb replies for 3 of them, and 1 good thoughtful reply that makes you reflect ... that's pretty cool. I find the odds aren't much better with people irl, so what's the difference? Anyway, if I like what I write, I copy it. I'll use it later for myself. If YOU get to reflect, then that is also cool. (This is not to mention the coolness of finding interesting points people make in conversations I have nothing to do with, which really constitutes a good portion of the joy I get here, come to think of it.) So you have to make the most practical use of your energies.

What I find with forums also, is that a lot people read what you write. A lot of people think you have made good points. A lot of people have their own replies to make, and the place they are at in their life put your reply just enough out of sync with them that they don't reply to it directly. ... not that it wasn't considered or didn't have an effect on them.

And if you find yourself bored, well, I've found that I can't exceed a certain amount of time here or else I get bored too. Some don't. But that's not me. Come back in a few days and the landscape is a lot different and decidedly more fresh, AND, so are you.
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I might know how to solve this problem! You joined this thread to learn more about MBTI, right? So, do you have more questions? If so, try to get them answered. Turn this into a quest for knowledge! You won't get bored if you're learning things that you actually WANT to learn.

The thing about this site is that you make of it what you choose. If you use it as a way to entertain you, I can see how it would get deathly boring after a while. But if you use it to LEARN, and if you try to constantly set goals for yourself (i.e. list out your reasons for being here as a to-do list), then you have nothing to worry about.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

All very good points made in this thread so far.

I would add that in all things you must post here for your own pleasure, not to try to receive the praise and adulation of others. Sometimes I post some piece of profundity and expect the whole world to jump up and take notice, so I think I hear where you are coming from. But you need to do this for you, and perhaps to help others too, but not to get noticed, do you understand?

Personally I think it is very natural for interests to wax and wane over time. It's normal, that whole process of falling in love, in saturation and then eventually balance.

I have not read your poems but would like to. Please post the link to them.

Plus you likely did not notice my gem of literary genius on here either so it is not personal to not notice stuff.

Bear in mind too at any given time I probably only see 5% of all threads and participate in 0.5%, and likely others participate the same way, sort of a shotgun approach to seeing what's going on rather than some threads being the Dairy Queen party cake and us being the forks.

Sending you a big .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I guess we shouldn't really expect anything, in general. I think it wiser to take what is given to you, or what you have the power of getting, and be happy with it. But that's kind of hypocritical of me, because I'm always wanting something bigger and better and more. But I hear it's better if we make the best with what we've got, or can get. The rest is out of your hands, whatever happens, happens.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Ironically, thinking you grasp everything about a system like typology is the surest sign that you probably don't.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    All very good points made in this thread so far.

I would add that in all things you must post here for your own pleasure, not to try to receive the praise and adulation of others. Sometimes I post some piece of profundity and expect the whole world to jump up and take notice, so I think I hear where you are coming from. But you need to do this for you, and perhaps to help others too, but not to get noticed, do you understand?

Personally I think it is very natural for interests to wax and wane over time. It's normal, that whole process of falling in love, in saturation and then eventually balance.

I have not read your poems but would like to. Please post the link to them.

Plus you likely did not notice my gem of literary genius on here either so it is not personal to not notice stuff.

Bear in mind too at any given time I probably only see 5% of all threads and participate in 0.5%, and likely others participate the same way, sort of a shotgun approach to seeing what's going on rather than some threads being the Dairy Queen party cake and us being the forks.

Sending you a big .
    Peacebaby, I have noticed several of your pieces of profundity. I think a lot of people here put down really informative and/or wise pieces of info. Personally, I was very surprised when someone who has never "talked" to me wrote how everything in one of my posts was very informative and well-done, or however they put it.

I think there is a tendency amongst some posters to put down something really thought out and meaningful and then to have no one respond to it, at all. I've heard that from at least one other person here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

the link to my poetry is here for those of you who were interested

MBTI
    yupp

here's my impression of this thread, wahhhh no one loves me boohoo. Guess what most people on here get ignore, and it just seems like some lame attempt to get attention, and for people to read your poetry.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so