123 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default I am bored and need a hobby.

i am bored shitless lately and sick of cleaning the house. must get out and do something i enjoy.

i'd gladly get a part time job just to get out of the house but i have to wait till my 4 year old starts kindergarten.

so far i have tennis on my list of things to try. i used to play when i was a teenager but outside of wii, haven't played in years.

i'd love to hear some suggestions if you have any.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Weren't you into spinning or cycling for a while? Do you have a bike? Getting outside on the beautiful days goes a long way to feeling like you're living/doing something of significance, and having a trainer at home for the not-so-nice weather days (or babysitter-less days) is helpful.

Do you need intellectual stimulation? Physical activity? Creative activity? Social engagement?

If I were in your position I'd sign up for a second language class, because that's artsy/social/intellectual all in one, plus utilitarian and cool in its own way.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    XNFJ

I'm in the same position - at home with 2 little ones. I have no idea what your interests are, but I joined a mother's club to have some places to go and meet some people. Other than that, I've done a Bunco group, book club, blogging, photography (took some classes for that, which was awesome - and you have a perfect subject)...it's hard because you have to do things you can do with kids under foot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Drama! It is highly rewarding, is filled with very interesting people, and has lots of opportunities for personal growth.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    Drama! It is highly rewarding, is filled with very interesting people, and has lots of opportunities for personal growth.
    Or better yet skip the classes and just start spreading rumors about people you don't like cause there husbands to cheat on them, and just spread general chaos!

MBTI
    INTP

Check out what sort of workshops and courses your local community college or community center has and learn a new skill.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Yes! Wake Tech just issued their latest non-credit course book! Lots of fun stuff! I want to get well even faster so I can take some writing and art courses.

MBTI
    INTj

Post more?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

hi jen! i think our demographics are sorta similar re: age and kids, etc. i am super bored too. but then i got knocked up so now i'm bored WITH a baby (my fifth). anyway, i have always wanted to do pottery. it's easy to find classes on that. i haven't done that yet. and i think it's fairly cheap to get into. i also make the occasional mosaic out of glass or old broken tile. that's really fun! and pretty cheap too. and everyone likes to receive mosaic coasters or artwork, and there is the therapeutic value of working with color and expressing yourself. otherwise, i'm not really artistic.

i like to make my own cream and lotion and oils and salves and stuff and lip balms, etc. all my friends love it, so it's fun to give away. and i've made money with it too. that's pretty fun and useful. i knit, but that's kind-of expensive and can be a waste of time. unless you make really cool skullcaps that people will really wear.

then there are the active sports. i tried snowshoeing this past winter which i didn't really like, well, i like uphill but not downhill. i like hiking and bike riding, but that depending on where you live that can be hard, and i'm sure you've already thought of those.

well, this staved off 10 minds of my own boredom. thanks!! i was never bored in my life before. i hope this 'phase' passes soon, and for you as well.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

heart on fire

Start writing your memoirs. Seriously. Get into touch with your past and all that. In reflection you'll learn more about yourself and get into different avenues now and will find something key about yourself that will lead to a new interest in the here and now.