• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] I am bored and need a hobby.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Take up an instrument. Take a watercolor class. Start a book club. Start doing your own makeup tutorials and put them on youtube, and try to develop a following. Volunteer at the animal shelter.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Once you're an adult, learning a second language is as difficult as playing the guitar sounds (does not apply to fourth, fifth or sixth language).

I like the volunteer idea, but it requires going somewhere with a little one unless you have a sitter.

I really like the idea of make-up tutorials on YouTube.

But it depends on what you feel is lacking - social stimulation, mental, physical, spiritual, creative (craft, cooking).

I'm not a new-ish mom anymore, but here are a few things I've done in the past few years that qualify:

ballroom dancing (my son was 1, so that was awhile ago)
swimming
intense uphill walking
rowing (machine)
martial arts/self-defense
meditation
helped with a school board campaign
bar/bat mitzvah committee
knitting
watercolor painting
book club
library school

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Once you're an adult, learning a second language is as difficult as playing the guitar sounds (does not apply to fourth, fifth or sixth language).

I like the volunteer idea, but it requires going somewhere with a little one unless you have a sitter.

I really like the idea of make-up tutorials on YouTube.

But it depends on what you feel is lacking - social stimulation, mental, physical, spiritual, creative (craft, cooking).

I'm not a new-ish mom anymore, but here are a few things I've done in the past few years that qualify:

ballroom dancing (my son was 1, so that was awhile ago)
swimming
intense uphill walking
rowing (machine)
martial arts/self-defense
meditation
helped with a school board campaign
bar/bat mitzvah committee
knitting
watercolor painting
book club
library school

i've also been intrigued by the idea of youtube vids. DO IT! then let us know so we can watch.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i am taking all of your suggestions in. i'll make a list later (something i'm not very good at but it must be done) and try and narrow things down.

one thing i had considered was yoga. there's a studio not too far away and i might try a beginners class tomorrow. as for spinning (indoor cycling) i used to love it but the noise is too much and i don't enjoy the instructor screaming for me to PUSH, COME ON LETS GO, so i haven't been in a while.

as for makeup, i am veering away from that as well. i just don't enjoy it as much as i used to.

i might do a before and after makeup and hair youtube video and if i do i'll definitely post it.

i don't think i'm lonely (other than missing my husband whose been traveling) so looking for people to do things with isn't likely to happen. if i run into someone along the way that's cool but not important.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I remember you said you have a Wii or something, and I'm sure you have a computer. Have you considered trying to get into video gaming? It's honestly the perfect hobby if you just need to occupy your mind. You could really lose yourself in a lot of those games... I've done so for months at a time before, honestly.

Another good one would be creative writing of some kind, maybe writing short stories, creating characters, scenarios and such?

And of course, there's always the lazy route... just post here more often, or even join more forums if you need more stimulation. ;)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I went with this for a few years, made some good friends, had some fun, made some money. There - The online virtual world that is your everyday hangout (eta: ahah I love the auto name that goes with this)

I think the front page is a little strange, here are some other strange pics of it of mine. There.com 2009 - a set on Flickr There.com 2008 - a set on Flickr

My youngest is 4, too, so I'm considering a job or more schooling come fall. She will turn 5 in Nov so I might throw her in some daycare since she is pretty bored, too. I've done ebay, mystery shopping and computer as a boredom killer when I had/have little ones. I'm sort of searching for a current hobby too.

S

Sniffles

you could take up fencing and learn french so then you could say witty things in french while fencing, if I wasn't so lazy that's what I'd do.

Fencing is an awesome sport, and I currently trying to work on the French part too.