User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTP

Take up an instrument. Take a watercolor class. Start a book club. Start doing your own makeup tutorials and put them on youtube, and try to develop a following. Volunteer at the animal shelter.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ

Once you're an adult, learning a second language is as difficult as playing the guitar sounds (does not apply to fourth, fifth or sixth language).

I like the volunteer idea, but it requires going somewhere with a little one unless you have a sitter.

I really like the idea of make-up tutorials on YouTube.

But it depends on what you feel is lacking - social stimulation, mental, physical, spiritual, creative (craft, cooking).

I'm not a new-ish mom anymore, but here are a few things I've done in the past few years that qualify:

ballroom dancing (my son was 1, so that was awhile ago)
    swimming
    intense uphill walking
    rowing (machine)
    martial arts/self-defense
    meditation
    helped with a school board campaign
    bar/bat mitzvah committee
    knitting
    watercolor painting
    book club
    library school
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Once you're an adult, learning a second language is as difficult as playing the guitar sounds (does not apply to fourth, fifth or sixth language).

I like the volunteer idea, but it requires going somewhere with a little one unless you have a sitter.

I really like the idea of make-up tutorials on YouTube.

But it depends on what you feel is lacking - social stimulation, mental, physical, spiritual, creative (craft, cooking).

I'm not a new-ish mom anymore, but here are a few things I've done in the past few years that qualify:

ballroom dancing (my son was 1, so that was awhile ago)
    swimming
    intense uphill walking
    rowing (machine)
    martial arts/self-defense
    meditation
    helped with a school board campaign
    bar/bat mitzvah committee
    knitting
    watercolor painting
    book club
    library school
    i've also been intrigued by the idea of youtube vids. DO IT! then let us know so we can watch.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

i am taking all of your suggestions in. i'll make a list later (something i'm not very good at but it must be done) and try and narrow things down.

one thing i had considered was yoga. there's a studio not too far away and i might try a beginners class tomorrow. as for spinning (indoor cycling) i used to love it but the noise is too much and i don't enjoy the instructor screaming for me to PUSH, COME ON LETS GO, so i haven't been in a while.

as for makeup, i am veering away from that as well. i just don't enjoy it as much as i used to.

i might do a before and after makeup and hair youtube video and if i do i'll definitely post it.

i don't think i'm lonely (other than missing my husband whose been traveling) so looking for people to do things with isn't likely to happen. if i run into someone along the way that's cool but not important.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I remember you said you have a Wii or something, and I'm sure you have a computer. Have you considered trying to get into video gaming? It's honestly the perfect hobby if you just need to occupy your mind. You could really lose yourself in a lot of those games... I've done so for months at a time before, honestly.

Another good one would be creative writing of some kind, maybe writing short stories, creating characters, scenarios and such?

And of course, there's always the lazy route... just post here more often, or even join more forums if you need more stimulation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I went with this for a few years, made some good friends, had some fun, made some money. There - The online virtual world that is your everyday hangout (eta: ahah I love the auto name that goes with this)

I think the front page is a little strange, here are some other strange pics of it of mine. There.com 2009 - a set on Flickr There.com 2008 - a set on Flickr

My youngest is 4, too, so I'm considering a job or more schooling come fall. She will turn 5 in Nov so I might throw her in some daycare since she is pretty bored, too. I've done ebay, mystery shopping and computer as a boredom killer when I had/have little ones. I'm sort of searching for a current hobby too.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you could take up fencing and learn french so then you could say witty things in french while fencing, if I wasn't so lazy that's what I'd do.
    Fencing is an awesome sport, and I currently trying to work on the French part too.