User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Talking Give Wonka A Piece of Your Mind....

This thread is designed as an outlet for people who can not seem to contain their desire to nitpick, overanalyze and discount every word I post.

If you have an intense fixation on some detail(s) in any of my posts, please quote me (don't paraphrase me) and address your issue(s) here, instead of derailing threads and wasting everyone's time.

Thank you.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

NOW you're talkin'. You've made me and my Ti very happy.

Okay, Wonka...

Could you define "assertive" and "equivocal" as you used them in the test, and explain what kind of behaviors would be associated with each of them? I just made my choice on the basis of being sure I was NOT assertive, so I must be whatever the other one was. I'm not even sure what equivocal means, honestly. Is it like passive, compliant, or what?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I would like to suggest that unless it is conducive to the direction of the discussion, or there is truly something they need help understanding, people not nitpick for their own entertainment. If they have something to say, I also can't see why a public discussion should be the venue to pursue it. In most cases of true misunderstanding, more information is just lacking. This can be gotten quickly and privately without becoming personal. If you are being critical just for the sake of it, it might be worth considering why you are so quick to do that. Often it says more about something you want or need, and there are more productive ways to have those wants or needs fulfilled by others.

Athenian, if you are not sure of a definition, quickly check it online rather than getting your back up. If something else is really the underlying issue, spit it out, but not for everyone to see.

Wonka, I understand your frustration, but I can't see anything good coming out of this in a public way.

Both of you are valuable contributors to this forum and I'd hate to see either of you feel alienated by the interactions here.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I would like to suggest that unless it is conducive to the direction of the discussion, or there is truly something they need help understanding, people not nitpick for their own entertainment. If they have something to say, I also can't see why a public discussion should be the venue to pursue it. In most cases of true misunderstanding, more information is just lacking. This can be gotten quickly and privately without becoming personal. If you are being critical just for the sake of it, it might be worth considering why you are so quick to do that. Often it says more about something you want or need, and there are more productive ways to have those wants or needs fulfilled by others.

Athenian, if you are not sure of a definition, quickly check it online rather than getting your back up. If something else is really the underlying issue, spit it out, but not for everyone to see.

Wonka, I understand your frustration, but I can't see anything good coming out of this in a public way.

Both of you are valuable contributors to this forum and I'd hate to see either of you feel alienated by the interactions here.

I think you are both valuable contributors on this forum.
    If I have to interact that way, I don't want to post. Your way takes all the fun out of it.

Sigh. I'm getting so tired of the kind of oversensitive people that post here now... I guess it's time to go back to the tech forums.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I never cared for your movies much, that's the only issue I have with you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Challenging someone's thesis is different than picking at them personally. Some people might not mind it, but if you see you've struck a nerve, I'm not sure what you are gaining personally by continuing.

One of the purposes of understanding type at all is seeing how we interact naturally and also where we step on each other's toes so that we do not do it unnecessarily.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's not any more oversensitive for someone to express their issue with how you communicate than it is for you...ours just has to do with our belief that people should be treated respectfully and yours has to do with precision in wording...ti vs fi i guess.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Coming out of what? This thread?

I don't see the harm in it.

I will decide when and if to respond.

Mostly, its to let the little buggers vent.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    it's not any more oversensitive for someone to express their issue with how you communicate than it is for you...ours just has to do with our belief that people should be treated respectfully and yours has to do with precision in wording...ti vs fi i guess.
    Yeah, but what you consider respect... is actually something I would consider almost condescending, and a little boring. Seriously, that's how different we are. I tend to feel more insulted if people DON'T criticize my ideas. Just having them agree with me or stick within the topic would honestly bore me.

Yes, you can communicate it. I'm just frustrated that you're creating the expectation for me to comply with it. It shouldn't be my problem that you want to communicate with others that way.

I CAN do it on a specific thread if I must, but if I have to adopt that particular way of communicating in general... it's uncomfortable enough that I'd rather just never say anything at all than have to abide by it.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

This should probably go in the "NF Personal Threads" section.

Geeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!! :steam: