User Tag List

First 1234 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Athenian, if you are not sure of a definition, quickly check it online rather than getting your back up. If something else is really the underlying issue, spit it out, but not for everyone to see.
    The problem with that is so many people make up their own definitions so it always seems best to clarify these things.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I have to say, I really don't know where you're coming from when you post these threads full of frustration etc. It's quite annoying, you could just as easily negative rep the hell out of the comments that you dislike until they either stop or argue with them profile to profile until you reach some kind of agreement. Most of the comments you appear to be entirely against seem rather harmless as well. I think the problem here is that you're striving for perfection when you post, and you expect the same kind of effort, love and care when others make a post. Those people aren't going to change their ways overnight, they first need to come to the same agreement that you have come to: the forum is a place to exchange VALID knowledge of a high level of quality... and tbh, I don't think that many people are here for that at all.

I also seem to get quite clear arrogance vibe from you, I doubt that it's intentional, you're probably quite knowledgeable and such. I don't have anything against you, I like some of the stuff you've contributed, it's just that some of the other stuff comes across this way.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

NOW you're talkin'. You've made me and my Ti very happy.

Okay, Wonka...

Could you define "assertive" and "equivocal" as you used them in the test, and explain what kind of behaviors would be associated with each of them? I just made my choice on the basis of being sure I was NOT assertive, so I must be whatever the other one was. I'm not even sure what equivocal means, honestly. Is it like passive, compliant, or what?
    Good. I'm happy to provide a venue for you to work these things out.

And, I actually ended up changing the word "equivocal" to "equivocating".

It's slightly more appropriate to put it that way.

I'm basically defining "equivocating" as "deliberately ambiguous or modest" as opposed to "assertive"--meaning "bold, frank, or outspoken".

It may be worthwhile to use more accessible terms than equivocating and assertive.

I'll think about it.

I really value input from others, but I just think it can be distracting when you're trying to gather data and/or have fun, and its just constant debate and criticism flooding the thread.

Thanks for giving me your input here.

I really appreciate it.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yeah, but what you consider respect... is actually something I would consider almost condescending, and a little boring. Seriously, that's how different we are. I tend to feel more insulted if people DON'T criticize my ideas. Just having them agree with me or stick within the topic would honestly bore me.

Yes, you can communicate it. I'm just frustrated that you're creating the expectation for me to comply with it. It shouldn't be my problem that you want to communicate with others that way.

I CAN do it on a specific thread if I must, but if I have to adopt that particular way of communicating in general... it's uncomfortable enough that I'd rather just never say anything at all than have to abide by it.
    oh don't misunderstand...i don't personally care how you communicate...was just expressing that from my experience most people do take issue with nitpicky comments and that i doubt anybody appreciates it...just you know so if ya cared about how others perceived ya...you'd know...i'm pretty used to just skipping posts that i don't feel the need to respond to...this particular instance provoked more of that advocacy thing in me i guess...but it's not at all personal.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    This should probably go in the "NF Personal Threads" section.

Geeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!! :steam:
    OOPS! ---That's where I meant to put it.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Good. I'm happy to provide a venue for you to work these things out.

And, I actually ended up changing the word "equivocal" to "equivocating".

It's slightly more appropriate to put it that way.

I'm basically defining "equivocating" as "deliberately ambiguous or modest" as opposed to "assertive"--meaning "bold, frank, or outspoken".

It may be worthwhile to use more accessible terms than equivocating and assertive.

I'll think about it.

I really value input from others, but I just think it can be distracting when you're trying to gather data and/or have fun, and its just constant debate and criticism flooding the thread.

Thanks for giving me your input here.

I really appreciate it.

That makes perfect sense, thanks! That's not quite what I thought at first, but I think I get it now.

It seems like you do get where I'm coming from, eventually... sometimes it just takes a little bit of time for us to meet in the middle.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I never cared for your movies much, that's the only issue I have with you.
    Oh come on now---really?

Were you never a child????

Oh well---can't please em all.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh don't misunderstand...i don't personally care how you communicate...was just expressing that from my experience most people do take issue with nitpicky comments and that i doubt anybody appreciates it...just you know so if ya cared about how others perceived ya...you'd know...i'm pretty used to just skipping posts that i don't feel the need to respond to...this particular instance provoked more of that advocacy thing in me i guess...but it's not at all personal.
    Hmm... I guess that is something I'll want to remember if I'm ever in a place with more Extraverts/Feelers/etc. I have a feeling you're probably right about most people in the world, though not most people I've had experience with here.

MBTI
    ENTP

You know what really grinds my gears?

YOU Wonka. Fuck you.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I just feel that if you know what a person is trying to say in a thread, it doesn't matter about the details. A lot of people have tunnel vision for details- typos, phrasing errors, or vague definitions- and it gets really annoying and shows that you could care less for the actual thread, and are just overly obsessive with perfection.

But if you are really unsure of something, I also don't think it wrong to ask. But to ask in an annoyed manner just makes things worse. Believe it or not, but you kind of have to go out on a limb to post a thread knowing that people will/might get annoyed at it. I feel like this a lot because of said reasons. Have a little more respect, and perhaps try asking and communicating in a nicer method? It's a lot easier, and keeps you in good regards with other people. Because when you aren't respectful to others threads, they lose respect for you. And you can ultimately lose respect for yourself.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?