• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Positive Qualities of ENFJs

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have a 13 year old son who I think is an ENFJ with a high S.

What are the positive qualities ENFJs usually have?

(No negative qualities please; I already know those.)

And do you know what careers they enjoy?

ygolo

My termites win
I think Lincoln was an ENFJ, but I'm not sure.

I haven't known many in real life, but the ones I have are among the most charming people I have met.

Other than the ENFP, they may be (generally speaking) the most naturally charming of all types.

I think they are also the ones most likely to achieve a balanced form of success in their life. Good family life, good spiritual connection, closeness to inner calm, good social life and good work-life.

Career-wise I think any type can be anything. I don't believe in stereotyping.

But, perhaps you can have your son explore coaching, mentoring, or public service (like city council or staffer at an organization for cause to start with).

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I watched a biography of Lincoln and they depicted his personality as more of an INTP.

Positive ENFJ qualities: Making lots of friends and taking a personal interest in all of their trials and tribulations.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think Lincoln was an ENFJ, but I'm not sure.

I haven't known many in real life, but the ones I have are among the most charming people I have met.

Other than the ENFP, they may be (generally speaking) the most naturally charming of all types.

I think they are also the ones most likely to achieve a balanced form of success in their life. Good family life, good spiritual connection, closeness to inner calm, good social life and good work-life.

Career-wise I think any type can be anything. I don't believe in stereotyping.

But, perhaps you can have your son explore coaching, mentoring, or public service (like city council or staffer at an organization for cause to start with).
Thanks for that - very encouraging post!

(I have an ISTP son whose greatest gift is "being charming".)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I watched a biography of Lincoln and they depicted his personality as more of an INTP.

Positive ENFJ qualities: Making lots of friends and taking a personal interest in all of their trials and tribulations.
I have definitely seen my son do that.
He has a way of getting so involved in extra-curricular activities,
that I get tired just keeping track of it all, and driving him everywhere!

One of the best compliments someone ever gave me is when
a couple of years ago,
my son's teacher told me that she noticed he makes friends with everyone,
and never makes fun of the kids that all the others make fun of -
he befriends them instead and treats them as equals!
I was so glad to hear that!

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
- Friendly
- Try to understand others instead of judging them
- Patient in explaining things to others
- Put themselves in others shoes
- Find the good in people
- Work well in groups

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
- Friendly
- Try to understand others instead of judging them
- Patient in explaining things to others
- Put themselves in others shoes
- Find the good in people
- Work well in groups
Thank you.:hi:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Positive qualities of my ENFJ ex-girlfriend:

Cared deeply about her friends, always trying to help them solve their problems
Thorough in making plans for the future
Good at organizing people, and things
Great at conversations
Great with kids

Ummmm....oh yeah and..

Cute voice
Short
Big boobs
Gave me lots of attention (you know, until she stopped)

:cry: Damn, now I miss her terribly. Thanks a lot, INTJMom!

;)

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENFJs have negatives? :huh:

j/k the rest of you. settle down.

From my own necessarily limited and anecdotal experience -
- the ability to be warm and caring, with a mature way of showing this ... such that the ENFJ facility with this helps the growth of those less-able in this department
- patient (at least more patient than I am, but that may not be saying much :D)
- able to get on your wavelength
- the opposite of petty. It is as if he sees people's little petty grievances, even when directed against him, as a human failing to be understood and overcome, not responded to in like manner.
- a wicked sense of humor
- ability to somehow have friends everywhere he goes
- able to get disparate tribes to band together to get a job done - and this diplomatically

in other words... :worthy:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We will destroy you all.

*zen chimes*

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
ENFJ's make great Teachers.

Wonderful, patient teachers.

Sees the good or potential good in people
Diplomatic
Fantastic parents
They have this ability to give another a sense of peace and maybe..safety without much more than a look or a touch.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFJs have negatives? :huh:

Well, she did try to change me in some ways. That was a little annoying, But really the only major negative was leaving me without even saying goodbye because I no longer fit into her vision of her life. And then not even being straightforward about it. Hey, I'm cool with somebody punching me in the face if they're honest about why. Walking away and not being honest with me are about the absolute worst things you can do.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i would agree that although i love my own type (and would never want to change!)

the type most likely to "succeed in everything" and just basically "win at life" is the ENFJ i have come to conclude:

1. they have a good sense of emotions and spiritual sense, yet i have never met a dumb ENFJ (Ni). so they basically win at the T/F
2. they can work the crowd as good as any ENFP, yet unlike the ENFP, they can actaully stick to a schedule and get shit done! So they win at the J/P.
3. They have the depth often reserved only for the introverts. yet they can as already stated, work the room and be so liked! (win at the E/I)
4. they are also intuitive. their Ni allows very FOCUSED creativity, which is usaully more productive in society and getting through academics and problem solving.

so basically ENFJs were born to be alpha.... hahaha

disclaimer: i'd still rather be ENFP :D

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
i would agree that although i love my own type (and would never want to change!)

the type most likely to "succeed in everything" and just basically "win at life" is the ENFJ i have come to conclude:

1. they have a good sense of emotions and spiritual sense, yet i have never met a dumb ENFJ (Ni). so they basically win at the T/F
2. they can work the crowd as good as any ENFP, yet unlike the ENFP, they can actaully stick to a schedule and get shit done! So they win at the J/P.
3. They have the depth often reserved only for the introverts. yet they can as already stated, work the room and be so liked! (win at the E/I)
4. they are also intuitive. their Ni allows very FOCUSED creativity, which is usaully more productive in society and getting through academics and problem solving.

so basically ENFJs were born to be alpha.... hahaha

disclaimer: i'd still rather be ENFP :D

That's really interesting as I'd agree with that. And still wanting to be an ENFP also makes sense because as an ENFP you get to skip rather than walk thru life and no one tries to make you feel bad for not using your energy more wisely. (btw...ENFJ's like to skip too...only when we see someone in our way we slow down and don't skip around, over or pass the person)

(and just in case someone thinks I'm being mean I totally love every ENFP I've ever had/have in my life except one...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ENFP twin is tough little thing. And never get into a fight with her. She sprouts eight arms. I have had my head, chest, and legs beaten simultaneously. Not pretty. :D

Well, she did try to change me in some ways. That was a little annoying, But really the only major negative was leaving me without even saying goodbye because I no longer fit into her vision of her life. And then not even being straightforward about it. Hey, I'm cool with somebody punching me in the face if they're honest about why. Walking away and not being honest with me are about the absolute worst things you can do.

This, to me, amounts to emotional cruelty. I can't conscience just walking off from someone with no explanation. I've had it done to me and it was terrible.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Sometimes it's hard for me to talk about ENFJ's because I only know one other one besides myself irl and I really like her alot. It's hard for me to be objective because quite honestly I quite like myself too.

I totally see my faults and I like that about myself. I don't try to mask over negative things about my personality or blame it on someone or something. I try to take responsibility for my actions and the way they affect me as well as others. I think that the ENFJ that I know is an amazing woman. She is dedicated, kind, warm, not at all obtrusive, smart, through, and just slighly flaky and weird which is so much fun to see...she can go from straight man to comic in a second and it's exhilarating and fun to be around her.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
This, to me, amounts to emotional cruelty. I can't conscience just walking off from someone with no explanation. I've had it done to me and it was terrible.

Yeah. It is. But it's you ENFs that do it to me every time!! :cry:

;)

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have one ENFJ friend who I really like.
He just sorta defines cool.
Pretty funny.
Usually has a relaxed laid back attitude.
Good listener.
Good at teaching.
Usually when I spend time with people they start to really get on my nerves.
But it's not like that with my ENFJ friend.
Able to talk openly and intelligently about deep stuff.
He's the only one in our group of friends who is extroverted though, so he is more introverted than the usual ENFJ I think.
Just that sort of person who is calm and smart, and that's the type of people I like.