• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Another ENFp profile

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
love it.
girl_yes3.gif

Me too, I wasn't totally sure of me as an enfp, but that's pretty damn close to me completely.

Don’t be fooled entirely by an ENFP’s interest in you, though. ENFPs are genuinely interested in people, but are also very interested in patterns of social behavior. ENFPs are a social scientist. They don’t need formulas and charts to be keep track of their findings. Information on the motivations and needs of people are constantly being added to the interior laboratory of ideas. ENFPs will often uses themselves as a crucible to determine the value and weight of others inner world. They will subtly test their subjects with questions and actions designed almost subconsciously to provoke a response. The split nature of the ENFP is to be involved and at the same time uninvolved, observing their ‘subject’ not unlike protozoa under a microscope.

See this is very true, however this is not pre-meditated, I just know I've been doing it, after I've done it.

I love the part about, how if you listen to us long enough you will hear us contradict ourself, this is so true. :blush:

Chloe

Me too, I wasn't totally sure of me as an enfp, but that's pretty damn close to me completely.

See this is very true, however this is not pre-meditated, I just know I've been doing it, after I've done it.

I love the part about, how if you listen to us long enough you will hear us contradict ourself, this is so true. :blush:

all of it is so damn true.
funny part is also about having friends nerds, i always was atracted to people nobody talked to in high school and stuff. not neccessary as being friends with them but wanted to meet them etc.
and part about debating and saying all possibilities even though you probably dont believe in many of them but yust to keep the debate going or to not dismiss anything without analyzing it.. wow. i'm master at saying things i don't think :D yust for case. :D like i know all peple will tell most probable and obvious stuff so i say the one not probable. :D

i loved also one description of ENFP i read somewhere "they will make up the reason to talk to you yust to study you from close" :D thats so classy. :D

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
funny part is also about having friends nerds, i always was atracted to people nobody talked to in high school and stuff. not neccessary as being friends with them but wanted to meet them etc.
and part about debating and saying all possibilities even though you probably dont believe in many of them but yust to keep the debate going or to not dismiss anything without analyzing it.. wow. i'm master at saying things i don't think :D yust for case. :D like i know all peple will tell most probable and obvious stuff so i say the one not probable. :D

i loved also one description of ENFP i read somewhere "they will make up the reason to talk to you yust to study you from close" :D thats so classy. :D

haha yep, my best friends in school were the ones no one wanted to hang with. I mean I could hang out with mostly any group, but I always ditched the popular idiots to go and hang with the people who understood me most anyway. Plus it was much more fun getting the misfits to join me in terrorising the popular idiots. :D

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I LOVE this!

My friends are always flaming me for arguing a point passionately, and then, months later, arguing the opposite point just as passionately. I've usually forgotten all about my former stance. :rolli:

I especially like the protozoa-under-a-microscope bit. My ISFJ father fidgets sometimes under what he calls my "intense microscope." Can't help it! He's just so interesting!

This is the first new type description I've read in a while. Do we have some sort of database of ENFP profiles I could dig into?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics isn't MBTI. Their function definitions are different, making the types different. But most ENFPs should fit in with the ENFp profile, but anything is possible.

Chloe

Where's it from?

you have link in the end of OP.

Oh, I LOVE this!

My friends are always flaming me for arguing a point passionately, and then, months later, arguing the opposite point just as passionately. I've usually forgotten all about my former stance. :rolli:

I especially like the protozoa-under-a-microscope bit. My ISFJ father fidgets sometimes under what he calls my "intense microscope." Can't help it! He's just so interesting!

ha ha.. right.
i tend to ask people million questions about them and they are like :shock::shock: because i yust measure them from million angles.

and about points - huh, it's so weird because all of it is logical, opposite points are yust logical to me and i can't give one up.

This is the first new type description I've read in a while. Do we have some sort of database of ENFP profiles I could dig into?

there is profile by SolitaryWalker and many on google, there was also one from socionics - i think official - that i really liked and was deep - but don't know link, google it. maybe on wikisocionics.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I told someone onetime that they were my next social experiment. I had a hypothesis and needed to find the answer.

He was a bit weirded by it. I keep my social experimenting private now. :cheese:

StormySunshine

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
I told someone onetime that they were my next social experiment. I had a hypothesis and needed to find the answer.

He was a bit weirded by it. I keep my social experimenting private now. :cheese:

ROFL He must not have been an INFJ, otherwise he would have taken that as a huge compliment, and would have been extremely fascinated in you.

I once had an ENFP, who incidentally was studying psychology, tell me that I was a fascinating person, and there was something about me that set me apart from everyone else. This was after only meeting 10 minutes earlier in a group setting. I felt like someone gave me the gift I always wanted on Christmas day, and to this day (that was about 10 years ago) I think about her often, even though our paths parted after that chance meeting, and we never got to know each other.

Last edited:

StormySunshine

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
Hmm...I meant to say INFJ, not INTJ. Not sure where that came from :huh:. Made the change in my post.

blomiki

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
-

Yes, I was also happy to recognize myself here :) I used to be really insecure, but once I got over that and stopped worrying who I associate with I also realized I'm absolutely fascinated by nerds and geeks and freaks of all shapes and sizes. I take a sort of pride in being able to click with them.

blomiki

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
-
I once had an ENFP, who incidentally was studying psychology, tell me that I was a fascinating person, and there was something about me that set me apart from everyone else. This was after only meeting 10 minutes earlier in a group setting. I felt like someone gave me the gift I always wanted on Christmas day, and to this day (that was about 10 years ago) I think about her often, even though our paths parted after that chance meeting, and we never got to know each other.

Haha... so you're the most interesting person in the world, but she never bothers to follow up and get to know you better. And yet she meant every word, and as an INFJ you would have been able to sense her sincerity.

I often feel guilty for how I get obsessed over one thing and then the next and then the next. How do people with cope with that about us??

I usually hope that the enthusiasm with which I do approach you, for however short a time, will inspire you or encourage you and that hopefully it's okay if I forget about you for a while afterwards.

B

brainheart

This description is so me, minus the calculus bit. I would not do well in calculus to please anyone. It's mathematically impossible, in every single way.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
This description is so me, minus the calculus bit. I would not do well in calculus to please anyone. It's mathematically impossible, in every single way.

I've noticed that many of the ENFPs I know are excellent in math or are actually math instructors.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've noticed that many of the ENFPs I know are excellent in math or are actually math instructors.

I know ENFP's like to teach, but it boggles me that any ENFP would want to become a math teacher- the subject is so dry and straight forward.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know ENFP's like to teach, but it boggles me that any ENFP would want to become a math teacher- the subject is so dry and straight forward.

My AP Cal teacher in high school was ENFP and about three of the instructors at the AP conferences we had were ENFPs. You should have heard the kids laughing during break about the awkward yet upbeat energy they had. They were jumpin' all over the place! Were they even serious? You know kids...

But it's only in my limited experience. You're probably right for the most part.