User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's pretty retarded and takes extra effort... so I'm not going to do it.

It's a turnoff for me because it annoys me, and I can't be around people who annoy me. And for most other reasons posted.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

I have never done it and can't imagine I would ever do this to someone else. I guess I just see it as counter-productive if I feel interested in a person and want to reciprocate.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INTJ

If it's done in an obvious joking kind of way then that's cool.

If done for the purpose of "increasing worth" or "avoid looking like a ho" then that's just counterproductive and retarded. I see nothing sexy about strong arming someone into a relationship.

Unfortuantely it seems to be "a reasonable course of action" in our society, since we are still feeling the effects of various puritan values from the dark ages.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Neither.

I'd go way out of my way to get a girl, but not for anything else. I am extremely lazy, but would chase a girl if I really liked her. But I'd only run after her if I knew that she secretly liked me and was really playing hard-to-get.

But if it was too intense, and I have doubts if she really liked me or not, then I just fade out. I don't have the courage and the motivation to make girls like me by chasing them all over and not letting them breathe.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFj

Hard to get? Only she gives me some signals that she is remotely interested other than that I hate being a pain and chasing down someone more so if its for romantic reasons. I just don't like "annoying" people so it might not be best to do it on me if you have some sort of interest.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post

If done for the purpose of "increasing worth" or "avoid looking like a ho" then that's just counterproductive and retarded. I see nothing sexy about strong arming someone into a relationship.

Unfortuantely it seems to be "a reasonable course of action" in our society, since we are still feeling the effects of various puritan values from the dark ages.
    THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTH ISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post

but you like it when Synarch strong arms you...

I agree with all that you said, surprise surprise... It has to be understood that it's playful and joking. I don't want people who don't want me, and I don't want to push someone away that I really want.

I think I am too direct for this crap as I get older. If you like me just tell me. Otherwise go like somebody else. Seems silly to beat around the bush about it endlessly.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm likely to forget about you/assume you have no interest if you're playing hard to get.

I've been accused of doing it before though, when it's typically just a case of being oblivious.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's lame on so many levels, I find it rather superficial, and it leaves me more hurt than inspired.

Kill it.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3