User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: N Deprivation

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default N Deprivation

I'm deprived of Ns. I crave the connection. Always scanning the environment for it. Where are you connection? WHERE ARE YOU?!

Other NFs, assuming you desire this as well, what do you find are your best connection questions? Do you throw them out there immediately or do you weed and wade through the superficial first? How does this work for you?

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not sure what my best connection questions are. I just kind of know if someone's going to be interesting to talk to based on the things that they light up about.

Kind of a weird suggestion, but check out some local coffee shops, because I always meet N's there. I'm not trying to stereotype, but I think it does provide a good environment for discussing N sorts of things.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't actively try to weed through people to find Ns. You just know when you click and when you don't.

Ns are often working in the arts and communications fields, working with ideas and abstract concepts. They get metaphors and they like morbid jokes.

Sometimes I can go to a new city and immediately just KNOW if I'm in an N-rich place where NFs and NTs have had a hand in how that city developed. I've also gone to places where it was created by S people, that allowed no place for imagination and abstract, theoretical thought. I just know that living in those places would be a slow death.

You're an ENFP like me with NE-dom. Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    I'm not sure what my best connection questions are. I just kind of know if someone's going to be interesting to talk to based on the things that they light up about.
    Same here. If they get me being slightly off-the-wall and quirky and I can banter with them they are most likely Ns.

the city i live in seems a bit higher in Ns than the avarage. Lots of quirky shops and fun stuff. The roads appear to have been designed by highly creative people. That is bad.

Totally get the N deprivation though. When I spend time with some family members it is like someone has attached a giant vacuum to my school, sucked out my brains and left a useless husk behind.

I made many driving trips with my entp best friend from michigan to texas. Always fine. Then once my ISTP mom in law drove with me instead. I wanted to intentionally crash the car after the first two hours. STOP TALKING TO ME!!!!!

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i usually say ridiculous shit and see how someone takes it. it's like sonar. if they can follow your leaps, they're probably N.

we get there different ways, but we can reconstruct pretty much anything. find an angle that makes sense. we get off on not showing our work but getting the right answer anyway.

i think cultural interpretations are a good litmus test. we tend to loooooove the angles and the specific frame and the specific placement other N types use to form their opinions within their larger framework of ideas and meanings.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm malnurished too. I can only talk about the weather and my job and TV so much...

Hey: I know how to meet some N's!

Take a book to a bar and sit and read. Someone will ask you what your reading, and they will likely be N.

Or buy a teeshirt that says ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    I made many driving trips with my entp best friend from michigan to texas. Always fine. Then once my ISTP mom in law drove with me instead. I wanted to intentionally crash the car after the first two hours. STOP TALKING TO ME!!!!!
    I have some awesome S-type friends, but I've also had some awful experiences with past boyfriends' S-type families. Gawd. They'd start talking about discounts and coupons and stuff at the dinner table and the new snacks on sale at the local CVS and my eyes would just glaze over and roll back with boredom.

I think I'd have to marry into an N-dom family or else an S-type one that's N-sensitive. I don't think I can take a lifetime of talking about coupons.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Take a book to a bar and sit and read. Someone will ask you what your reading, and they will likely be N.

Or buy a teeshirt that says ENFP.
    i ALWAYS check out the title when i see someone reading a book in a public place. it is the only surefire way i will start up a conversation with a random stranger.

the other day i saw a girl i have seen around a lot reading still life with woodpecker by tom robbins. i just smiled to myself and was all like, i kneeeeeww it!

also, t-shirt idea = yes. i used to stop to talk to people wearing shirts with a phish logo. now iNtuition is my new religion.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

^^^^

Sometimes you can just tell....

I'm thinking of making an INFP tee too!