User Tag List

First 123

Thread: N Deprivation

MBTI
    INFP

I can see why discussing "the N factor" could be helpful, and am not trying to suggest that anybody stop discussing it. I was just thinking that plenty of S's can still enjoy "N-like" conversations, and it might be sad to kind of look past them in search of N's. At least in my case, I'd have missed out on the 3 most valuable friendships in my life. The three people who most "get" my quirkiness and randomness are all SP's. And I actually recently discovered an SJ who is more refreshing to talk to/hang with than ANY of my N friends in real life! Totally caught me by surprise. (And I like talking about coupons. I'm totally getting thrown out of tthe N club...) Just trying to throw my opinion in the mix, since I think a good connection and that relief of "you understand me!" often depends on an individual as much as any letter in their particular type.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

with sp types i find it is usually less focused on my ideas and my language and more focused on my performance. they do notice the specific details of facial expressions, gestures, inflection, posture, individual words, and physical idiosyncrasies far better than N types, who just kind of a get a huge sweeping broad sense of mood/style.

it's a much different kind of quirky. they can be imaginative too, but they will be focused on far different details- which is not necessarily a bad thing, but can become frustrating when you have to constantly show your work. it is best to just accept the differences and be aware of them so that you can communicate in the ways that work.

in my experience they're far less likely to pull conversational rabbits out of hats, which i very much enjoy.

MBTI
    INFJ

I just automatically start jabbering on with other Ns. Most of my students are Ns (most are NTs actually) so I get along with them well,.. aside from when they have a cold perspective towards beautiful things like allegory.

It's funny how well one can perceive their own type too. I gave my students the test so they could type themselves. One of my students got INTJ and I said "Oh no no no, you have to be an INFJ,... there's no way you're a T." I gave her a chart that better described the types and she was like "Yeah, I'm definitely an INFJ." Then I proceeded to tease her by saying I am her future *insert maniacal laughter*.

MBTI
    ENFP

I must admit I have been surrounded by S's lately and went out the other nite with a bunch of Ns and it was just short of orgasmic... There is definately something about Ns that I completely crave and get off on... It's like I can be surrounded by intorverts or thinkers or even judgers and not be effected quite to the same extent!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    with sp types i find it is usually less focused on my ideas and my language and more focused on my performance. they do notice the specific details of facial expressions, gestures, inflection, posture, individual words, and physical idiosyncrasies far better than N types, who just kind of a get a huge sweeping broad sense of mood/style.

it's a much different kind of quirky. they can be imaginative too, but they will be focused on far different details- which is not necessarily a bad thing, but can become frustrating when you have to constantly show your work. it is best to just accept the differences and be aware of them so that you can communicate in the ways that work.

in my experience they're far less likely to pull conversational rabbits out of hats, which i very much enjoy.

Yes, I agree with you for the most part, though I have found my close S friends to actually be interested in ideas and listening to words, or even pulling those conversational rabbits out from time to time. (Granted, not as often as N's.) I love N's and am always scanning for them too, but I think I've honestly found a few select SP's who give me just as much enjoyment in conversation much of the time. My life is pretty full of N's, though, so maybe I take it for granted and would feel the loss more if I didn't have any around me on a regular basis.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%