User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: N Deprivation

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm also lacking N's in my closest circle of friends/family. Especially NF's. It makes me appreciate when I am able to have a good conversation with a fellow N.

It's not so bad as long as the S's I know appreciate at least one of these: wit, sarcasm, randomness, and/or the abstract. Most do, at least one of these. A few of my friends don't get any of these. So I'll say something witty, or sarcastic, or random, or abstract, and they wont get it. Then I'm like:

Then I complain to my close ESTJ friend who himself is neither witty, sarcastic, random, or abstract. Let's just say he is not sympathetic to my N-plight. Not that he is ever very sympathetic...
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Holy crap! Facepalm! That whole thing is just perfect beyond words.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default N Deprivation

I grew up in an environment completely 'N' deprived...my family is almost completely 'S' and the 'N's are all 'NT's (except me) who got out or stayed as far away as they could from the SJ dominated households.

The first 'NF' I ever knew personally was a girl I became friends with out of college. I fell in love with her (INFJ), but it wasn't so much because of her, but because she understood me like nobody had ever before. As a person, she wasn't exactly what I was looking for, and neither was I to her, so nothing came out of it.

Now, I look for "N" in all it's forms, but I don't think I have more than one or two friends with an "N" bias. It is SOOO refresing to be around these people; like aloe balm on my wrinked S(un) beaten soul.

I want to open up a coffee house someday, with music, academic, religious, philisophical and inspirational speakers. Art exibits will bring in SPs as well as the NFs, but that's okay. I'll even throw in a rock wall for the SJs. I don't mind co-habiting with these people, I just want more "N"s in my life.

MBTI
    ENFP

^^ Yes to everything stated in this thread.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I'm malnurished too. I can only talk about the weather and my job and TV so much...

Hey: I know how to meet some N's!

Take a book to a bar and sit and read. Someone will ask you what your reading, and they will likely be N.

Or buy a teeshirt that says ENFP.
    I actually met a guy in LA at a bar who was reading a sci fi book. He was a really fun INTP. We spent all night pestering him and chatting, and asking him random ass questions. somewhet to the dismay of my estp who wanted to pick up boys. He was a cool biochemist from the Netherlands.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think it's also good to mention in this thread that in my own life N deprivation has been by far the single greatest problem an challenge i have faced. when i am around other N types, i can be myself in a way that i can't with S types. i feel like talking and participating. i don't get so tired trying to translate and deciding it's just not worth it.

i wish i could start a campaign for N kids that would tell them, don't worry, it will get better. play your cards right and eventually you will meet some iNtuitives w/ whom you will actually be able to communicate.

it's no surprise that right now i'm more surrounded by Ns than i've ever been and, as a result, i'm the healthiest i've ever been.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think it's also good to mention in this thread that in my own life N deprivation has been by far the single greatest problem an challenge i have faced. when i am around other N types, i can be myself in a way that i can't with S types. i feel like talking and participating. i don't get so tired trying to translate and deciding it's just not worth it.
    YES! I think this sums up what a lot of us N's think.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Luckily, you have this forum.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFP

I know quite a few SP's who fit into this same category of enjoying quirkiness, off the wall humor, bantering, reading in public places, etc. It's not just N's who do these things.

I think rather than looking specifically for N's, it might be the best idea to look for people with whom you feel a connection.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    I think rather than looking specifically for N's, it might be the best idea to look for people with whom you feel a connection.
    obviously people are already looking for a connection.

discussing the N factor is useful bc it helps pinpoint a specific quality of perception that explains how and why you find this connection with others. it's' a conceptual tool to understand what is going on and why it, at times, does not work.

at the same time, recognizing these qualities through MB, it's way fucking easier for me to enjoy the S people in my life. they are not the same type of relationship as N types and all my close friends are N, but i enjoy my S friends when i see them, have a better understanding of our way of bantering and the ways in which we will never see eye to eye (which makes it easier to accept differences and appreciate people for what they do offer).