MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    State:

Why does communication have to be one or the other, or better or worse? If I snap, grant me a pass if you see I'm stressed. If you snap, I'll do the same. No one should have to walk on eggshells OR be constantly apologizing, is what I am saying. And I don't mean snap in anger. I just mean a short, terse response if I'm mentally occupied.

Telling me I have nothing invested in something, you assuming my mental state, is exactly what I meant the first time when I said that it wouldn't work. You asked me to explain and now I kind of wish I never did. Because now, according to you I am emotional right and on an anti-F rant? You have got to be kidding me...

It might be easier for the communication to work when the people know each other personally. If someone knows you well enough, they'd know when you're angry and when you're stressed and when you're direct and so on. Learning the person teaches you these things.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

in my experience i get along with and have much more to offer 7w6s. i am a master at helping others deal with their anxieties. i respond extremely negatively toward anger and hostility of 8s. 8s respect people who go for what they want balls to the wall, infjs are more responsive in temperament.

i knew an enfp 7w8 and i could sense anger occasionally bubbling underneath the surface. we got along well, but we would never become close. 8s don't like talk- they like action. a minimalistic approach to communication.

blah- it sounds like infj makes a lot of sense for you and you for infj.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

In practice, I have found the most thoughtful, thought-provoking and stimulating conversations to be with INFJs. I am very fond of you specifically, and you generally.

You are too awesome for words. You need your own type. And yes, I will have your babies.

The funny thing about this is the one INFJ male I know irl (actually, I believe I know another but it hasn't been confirmed), has been in a relationship with a female ENTP for the past three years. I think they are great together. Although it is different from an INFJ f-ENTP m relationship. On the other hand, my female ENTP friend who introduced me to MBTI has always had a so-so relationship with her INFJ ex-husband once they were past the initial infatuation period. So I say it is variable; the two types tend to have a vast assortment of people within the type.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Sorry this is off-topic:

How do I know what wing I am? I took the similarminds test, and it only said 7.

And the second and third highest scores were nowhere near that 7 (3 and 5). Does the wing have to be next to the 7? I don't have anything in common with 6 or 8.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Sorry this is off-topic:

How do I know what wing I am? I took the similarminds test, and it only said 7.
    Here are some descriptions of wings. Which fits you best?

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    in my experience i get along with and have much more to offer 7w6s. i am a master at helping others deal with their anxieties. i respond extremely negatively toward anger and hostility of 8s. 8s respect people who go for what they want balls to the wall, infjs are more responsive in temperament.
    I like people to be honest. Not rude, but still frank. Insincerity, even when the motivation is positive, is off-putting. So I like that the 7w8 ENTPs are raw and direct.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Here are some descriptions of wings. Which fits you best?

Choosing between 7w6 and 7w8, I'm more like 7w6 (but really, I'm not).

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Why does communication have to be one or the other, or better or worse?
    it doesn't. predominant F vs predominant T operate differently. there needs to be a middle ground or it isn't going to work. in most cases, you will have to devote some extra resources to imagine the F of your partner if you are with an F. in some not. many F types prefer F, many T types prefer T. an intp friend of mine is married to an entj. they're totally fucking T. it works for them.

it's just consideration. both types need to be considerate of the perspectives of the other. we are obviously not meeting in the middle very well. our perspectives are not at all joined or merged in any way. this would be very important to develop for an F type (to sense harmony and connection), and it would be very important for a T type so that basic methods of communication are understood and F is not always getting in the fucking way. i get it, tho i don't at all know you well enough to understand how you see things. communication is important to us so that we can merge our perceptions.

f is an integral part of who we are and the harmony, holism, etc that arise from connecting with another in this way is important to us. more so, often times, than chasing specific causal goals. so it's privileged to us more than T experiences, for the most part, and why we are more attentive to it.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I like people to be honest. Not rude, but still frank. Insincerity, even when the motivation is positive, is off-putting. So I like that the 7w8 ENTPs are raw and direct.
    And you are also open minded, are not quick to make assumptions and think/react rationally. So yeah, if there was a pill that would put you in male form...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    blah- it sounds like infj makes a lot of sense for you and you for infj.

Now I need to meet more of the ones without breasts.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

ummmm, infjs are often a very open bunch... i'm sure you could find some switch-hitters?