User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

synarch, i think my favorite description of feeling vs thinking is posted here. Fundamental Nature of the MBTI

the basic premise is that feeling is holistic judgment and thinking is linear causal judgment. holistic would be like judging a whole web, thinking would be like judging a single specific relationship.

i think a very basic aspect of infj types is that they are responsive. i think their strength is more visible in the chart-the-course kind of way, like a wise kurosawa character. but they get stuck in foot-dragging and exhausting hesitancy/second-guessing at times, which certainly can become a position of weakness. we like enps and get-things-going energy and enthusiasm, it keeps us on track and keeps us inspired and participating, provides context for our ideas to come out, etc. but sometimes we ARE a bit of a downer for ep types, too much waiting, not enough aggression/assertiveness to go for what we want with no qualms. perhaps wallowing in Fe, but more so, just taking the time for Ni to sift and really explore the connections between things. we can be very focused and fear the moment when we feel like we cannot escape- it takes us time/lots of practice to learn how to diffuse negative experiences and negative situations without freaking the fuck out and being totally inescapably miserable. we take those negative experiences into us and we are not initially very good at cleansing/detox/sweating it out. i was a terribly irritable person for an extended period growing up just because i was so miserable and couldn't get it out of me fast enough/turn winter into spring.

the more we are well-integrated and positively use Ti, especially us 5s, the more we adopt qualities of healthy 8s to assert leadership and direction. i think enp and inj can have fucking awesome balance at this. i don't necessarily need it romantically, but i do need it somewhere in my life at all times. entps are the best fit for creative connection/chemistry, philosophy, and artistry that i've found so far.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Communication is integral to me. I am on a constant path of learning and growth. It makes me so happy to get to know a person and they way they think. When someone seems interested in my own thought process, I am also overjoyed. You asked me why I thought a certain way and I was so pleased that I took the time to write you a response. You bristled at some things and rather than ask for further clarification, you decided to tell me who I am, what I am feeling and who I need to be with.

And that's fine. You are more than entitled to feel whatever you need to feel.
    Well I can't speak for Jeno...

I think I have something to add for The State I Am In..

If I were saying ^this^, it would translate to mean something like.."I really feel filled that you understand me...and I feel this level of fulfilling satisfaction from you that I don't feel from most others..and that you take the time to consider my feelings, esp 'cause I know that I can be read as 'cold', means you care for me and this makes me feel soooo good...and is something which I appreciate very, very much..BTW most people never get me...

So, I respect you and value our friendship and although I like to be confidently in control and would like that I can control any outcome or situation, I bend to you a bit on this one because I sooo value your gifts, these gifts you give to me."

I could be off the mark, but that's what I would mean if these words came out of my mouth.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Welcome to your own discussion Avatar! Where have you been for most of it? Do you have any ENTP thoughts to add? I was kind of sorry when this petered out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Welcome to your own discussion Avatar! Where have you been for most of it? Do you have any ENTP thoughts to add? I was kind of sorry when this petered out.
    I have been pursuing an INFJ for the most part! hehe. (Really.)

So it's not petered. Will add thoughts as we go.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Along with juicy details?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Along with juicy details?
    Hrmmm

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    B-U-S-T-E-D!!!!

Sounds like a closet E_TP has been identified...

Maybe she's prone to using her shadow functions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Maybe she's prone to using her shadow functions.
    Shadow? Meaning ESTP? I don't want to say this in a rude way, but hell no. It's odd because stereotypical ENTP behavior for me = instant attraction and stereotypical ESTP behavior for me = instant repulsion.

Really, the issue is not of my being INFJ or not (because if there was anything I am, it's INFJ). It's of how NFs and Fs in general have been defined by MBTI. Actually, scratch that. How NFs have been defined by this forum.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Shadow? Meaning ESTP? I don't want to say this in a rude way, but hell no. It's odd because stereotypical ENTP behavior for me = instant attraction and stereotypical ESTP behavior for me = instant repulsion.

Really, the issue is not of my being INFJ or not (because if there was anything I am, it's INFJ). It's of how NFs and Fs in general have been defined by MBTI. Actually, scratch that. How NFs have been defined by this forum.
    x100

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Shoot! (:
    Avatar7 it's funny you should ask because I started a thread about my difficulty understanding a particular ENTP a couple months ago. I made the mistake of posting it in the NT forum though and was nearly eaten alive by some angry ENTPs who were ready to rip me to pieces like a pack of hyenas. I did get some helpful, reasonable responses from other ENTPs though.

Anyway, in the situation that I alluded to then, I was having trouble understanding an ENTP who was angry with me (he denied being angry with me but would then do a lot of passive aggressive stuff). I'm pretty sure he has a substance abuse issue which probably complicates the whole situation. I don't care that much about that particular situation anymore because I rarely see the guy anyway. But it does make me curious about the nature of ENTP anger in general. I tend to get along very well with ENTPs but I have noticed that in this fellow's case and in another ENTP male friend's case, their emotional fuse can be surprisingly short at times and in those moments they use incisive humor to cut their opponent, which as an INFJ is pretty scary to even observe let alone be on the receiving end on. Their Tertiary Fe rearing its head in times of stress maybe? Let me add that I really admire ENTPs (funniest type, sexiest type, hands down) and am not trying to bash them but am just genuinely curious.