User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    See, this is my reluctance in dating an NF. I can deal with this sort of interaction casually, but not romantically. I have faith, though, that all NFs are not like this, just as all NTs aren't arrogant pricks.
    but why, jenocyde, would anyone put up with analogies like this?

you draw a conclusion based on our interaction that i am a certain way, and then you go on to say that you still have "faith" that other nfs "are not like this," comparing me with a "just as" link to nts who are arrogant pricks. and you act as if i am the one insulting you.

But if you can make it work with an INTJ, then anyone can make anything work.
    great deduction/assumption.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Seems like everyone's an expert on my type today
    Hey, I asked. I didn't declare.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    but why, jenocyde, would anyone put up with analogies like this?

you draw a conclusion based on our interaction that i am a certain way, and then you go on to say that you still have "faith" that other nfs "are not like this," comparing me with a "just as" link to nts who are arrogant pricks. and you act as if i am the one insulting you.

I did not draw a conclusion, I made it clear that I have only based my impressions on the actual real experiences that I have had. I also said that I have faith that these experiences are not indicative of an entire type. I have also exalted INFJs many times, in many ways - even in this thread. I never insulted you, and you would know if I did. I never once claimed that you insulted me. If you were insulted, however, I apologize.

In the interest of harmony, I am going to back out of this conversation because it seems like I can do nothing right today. I blame myself for not being as clear as I could have been. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and I am just not working hard enough to be understood. I'll try harder next time. Until then, have a great day.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Hey, I asked. I didn't declare.
    Not you. You actually know a little about me, so if you've questioned my type, that's fair. I was alluding to our Socionics expert in the other thread.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Not you. You actually know a little about me, so if you've questioned my type, that's fair. I was alluding to our Socionics expert in the other thread.
    I know. Which is why I said that I at least asked. That dude... my goodness! The presumptuous nature of some people drive me insane.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    1. What upsets them and what are the symptoms? What is the best course of action for the offender to take when they are upset?
    The only thing that might upset me is if someone outsmarts me and uses it against me...undermines me. Apologize and say clearly that you didn't know that would upset them and reassure them you won't do it again...that you care and know not to now. (:

2. How would you best get close to one? Do they have a system of gates or layers like INFJs or is it a different security system altogether?
    Just be yourself...ask lots of questions and let the ENTP talk. You might need to steer them on subject tho...We can be all over the place on topics..making so many connections to so many things.

Our security system has to do with carefully evaluating someone before engaging. Then really, it all depends on whether or not we get undermined. (Which usually doesn't happen)...so no worries. But if it does happen, lookout! I don't see INFJs doing that ...Don't worry at all about it if you're an INFJ. But now that you know, you're all set!

3. What makes them happiest?
    Lots of love.

4. What do they value most in a friend?
    Loyalty, closeness. Common, deep respect being able to discuss topics in depth and consistent willingness to do so.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    synarch, i am guessing you are an enneagram 4?
    7w6/7w8

entps and infjs love discourse. infjs are more de-personal than most expect (at least supercharged Ti infj e5 are). we both connect on the level of ideas. our creativity comes from our ability to arrange and assemble and synthesize new ideas- we are exploratory and experimental because ideas come first. we express ideas and articulate ideas and this space is home to us. it provides a different type of artistry than other types who express their judgments and values first and foremost. our expressiveness and desire to fashion ourselves is less rooted in what we identify with and more in our ability to take multiple positions, to change/evolve, to synthesize into new and brilliant incarnations of thought.
    I've never found INFJ's to be too emotional. I think Feeling preference is honestly misunderstood. In fact, I was listening to an audiobook on Jung today and they described F preference more as evaluative-function, is something agreeable or disagreeable. Thinking function is more like "what is this?".

In this thread, for example, Jenocyde has seemed more angry and/or defensive (not criticizing you, Jeno), but would we consider this being Feely? INFJ's are often very in control of their "emotions", which makes them seem less what we often mischaracterize as Feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    But in this thread, I identify with a lot of what Synarch has said and less of what Jenocyde has said.

I am attracted to male INFJs (not more than other types, but they're in the bundle), and I don't think they're wimpy.
    Thanks!

INFJ males are not wimpy. I just think ENTP females may be less likely to appreciate them. INFJ males are less in your face, which we seem to appreciate in males. My INFJ male friends are very stoic and masculine. They just don't feel the need to assert it consciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

They are really fun to corrupt and freak out too.
    You can't corrupt the corrupted
    I was going to say. It's possible Halla74 is the one being corrupted.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Sorry INFJ men. What I meant by wimpy was that an ENTP female would come off as being more abrupt and outspoken and an INFJ man may be less likely to call her on things which she might expect and look for. If he didn't, she might interpret it as him not having what it takes to be an equal with her, even if that is not true. It's more about perception rather than truth and I don't mean INFJ men are effeminate or without strength or resolve.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I was going to say. It's possible Halla74 is the one being corrupted.
    I am the poster child of "corruption." But if I must be corrupted further by INFJs, so be it; that is my lot in life...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I am the poster child of "corruption." But if I must be corrupted further by INFJs, so be it; that is my lot in life...
    Oh, you poor dear. Who will save you from this treacherous fate?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Oh, you poor dear. Who will save you from this treacherous fate?
    I never said I wanted to be saved. I just hope it's a cute female INFJ with a strong libido and a full checking account that corrupts me. Sorry for leaving out those details. My bad.