• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] There's a whole world of experience to be seen and felt outside of your head!!!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Balance has been mentioned before, and I agree.

But for me, personally, I just tend to be so extreme.

I'm often an all or nothing-ist, in behavior at least, not thought, (hopefully).

I have a tendency to shut myself off from the so-called real world and lock myself comfortably in.

And for me, like Outsider, it has to do with people, and not being able to handle them.

So, in order for me to effectively be an active participant in life, I've found that it's about maintaining my sensitivity while still instituting boundaries, while amongst the wilds.

I will let things, other people, get to me, but I will not let them consume me.

But, there is so much more to life than people, just being outside, alone and amongst life and nature is uplifting and inspiring.

P.S. My dog is snoring right now, loudly.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
`
So, in other words...

My fellow, lovely NFs, having been on a somewhat sensate sabbatical for a few months, I've come to realize... that there are more memories to be made than to simply be manufactured via fantasy!

Like you, I too can get perpetually lost, (and found), inside the safety of my comfortably chaotic universe of a head.

But there's a universe out there too!

Outside of you.

Other people, vacant lots begging for company, sand crabs boring holes underneath your toes in the sand, cinnamon dusted cappaccinos, conversations that begin at three in the morning.

Dancing!

Lovely poetry written on bathroom stalls, secrets exposed, secretly.

Tears, hugs, blue cheese drizzled with honey.

Dogs drooling on and outside your car, their tongues, their smiles!

Running on concrete with one boy slinging from your arms and the other one clinging on your back, making them laugh!!!

Sipping wine in a courtyard with a chain-smoking cancer patient.

99 cent stores!!!

Flirting with baristas, flirting with flirts, confiding in strangers with a knowing smirk.

Concerts, crowds, collecting bracelets from various vendors.

Touching people.

Smelling people.

Seeing them, feeling them... firsthand.

There's a whole world out there, beckoning....

:)

After reading this I'm very curious as to what you focused on before?

Because this is everyday life for me. I find pleasure in viewing the world this way. Maybe it's an introvert thing and extroverts are busy interacting with people to notice these things? I dunno. I'm curious though :yes:

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm slowly crawling out of my own head and actually doing things. It's not as bad as I thought. :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
live life

fulfill your dreams

jump

things are not how they may seem

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Can you take care with those imperatives? I just downloaded some Van Halen. That wasn't a good idea.

Aw shucks, no, I have to take that back. Having a hair band moment. Panama! lalalalal Panama!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
And, baby, don't get it twisted, i take care of things.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Jump.

Might as well.

Awful tune by Van Halen. Could easily be an ENFP theme song.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
CaptainChick, what about being exposed to people who insult you, act mean, act like jerks, etc.? Why doesn't that seem to affect extroverts such as yourself?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
CaptainChick, what about being exposed to people who insult you, act mean, act like jerks, etc.? Why doesn't that seem to affect extroverts such as yourself?

Because They just say: 'That's just them and their opinion, I can find cooler people, whatever.'

As an introvert we value the self even more, so if someone criticizes it we feel attacked as a being. Extraverts see it more objectively, usually.

As for the real world, it's slow going here in Vantaa. Yesterday, though, I got lost in Helsinki. It was fun :)

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Reading this thread, I can't help but think of this:

I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see them bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are also on the faces.....of people ..going by
I see friends shaking hands.....saying.. how do you do
They're really saying......I love you.

I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
Theyll learn much more.....than I'll never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world

:D

RIP, Iz.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Jump.

Might as well.

Awful tune by Van Halen. Could easily be an ENFP theme song.
How very flattering of you! :rolli:

ARE YOU KIDDING?!!?

In so many ways I am deeply affected by people, strangers and family members alike.

Depending on who it is, what they are doing, why they are doing it, and my mood, I will either, a.) tell them off, b.) feel shitty about them and life, c.) just take a deep breath and drop it, d.) confront the situation, and discuss why they did what they did, and so on, e.) flee, or f.) cry.

Try to surround yourself with positive people.

I prefer to hang out with people who are inherently kindhearted.

Because They just say: 'That's just them and their opinion, I can find cooler people, whatever.'

As an introvert we value the self even more, so if someone criticizes it we feel attacked as a being. Extraverts see it more objectively, usually.
I just got off a plane and got like three hours of sleep.

Reading your post annoys the hell out of me, you are erroneously judging two large nebulous groups of people as being categorically something that they are not.

:rolli:

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Aw, this thread kind of makes me sad.

I make it a point to experience as much of the world as I can, and especially the little details that we're prone to taking for granted.
It may look like I'm wandering around in the clouds, but if I wasn't continually gathering all these sights and sounds and sensations from the world surrounding me then I would have nothing to ponder on inside my head.

I haven't read any of the older posts though, so sorry if this is a point that's already been brought up a million times.

lamp

PANAMA-ha!

if people are being mean . . . maybe that means I have been thinking too much. or too little:chicken:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
How very flattering of you! :rolli:

Okay fine, so it's an ESFP theme song.

I get up, and nothing gets me down.
You got it tough. I've seen the toughest soul around.
And I know, baby, just how you feel.
You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real
Oh can't you see me standing here,
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen.
Oh can't you see what I mean ?

Might as well jump. Jump !
Might as well jump.
Go ahead, jump. Jump !
Go ahead, jump.

Aaa-ohh Hey you ! Who said that ?
Baby how you been ?