User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

There are phases when it is good to delve into the real world, and there are times when it is good to evaluate the recesses of your mind. A balance is good.

I'm glad you're back.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    It's better with company.
    Sometimes, yes, and other times no.

Being outside by yourself can be fucking awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Don't know about that. A lot of my Boston walks were alone, and they were the best ones.

/nostalgia
    Even though I have a car, I walk almost everywhere I possibly can, alone, listening to music, or listening to cars whizzing by, depending on my mood. But always reflecting and taking the world in! Smog, I've come to find, is kind of good for the soul, all that grit transforms the dark pits inside of you into finely polished pearls, it's true, scientifically proven!!!

Well, I don't know, I wrote this thread because I felt in needed to be written, hell, it kind of wrote itself!

Like, right now, I feel the conflict, the conflict of either embracing the world by going outside and interacting with the real world, or staying in and embracing my inner world via foruming.

There's this redhead at the local coffee shop, and whenever I see her I smile, she is so breathtakingly beautiful in such a timeless way, I never mind looking into those green orbs of hers, her presence alone makes me feel that all is well in the universe.

Then there is Lynn who does my nails, with gaps in between all her front teeth, every other week asking me about my nonexistent lovelife, griping about her two boys, and the effects of the economy on her business.

And then I walk down a mile or two to drop off my timesheet at the agency where everyone seems to know my name, and I guiltily look at them and smile and say, "hey! how have you been, and yeah, Barb's great!"

I dunno, I can lose myself in my own world.

Breifly become like my father, and drown myself in the world of literature till I emerge days later, hair tangled, teeth fuzzy, wondering what day it is.

Today is Monday, and I've got shit to do... Lynn awaits.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Default There's a whole world of experience to be seen and felt outside of your head!!!

This isn't news to some of us.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Nice to see you back hun!! I've been busy experiencing as well
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    IsTP

Very insightful, I can already imagine myself going out and doing these things
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

..How did you leave Fi wonderland?
    I like people but only because of what they theoretically represent and how they fit in my grand scheme of things. The rush that I get from someone whose abstraction is pleasant is infinitely more stimulating than anything the real concrete world has to offer. The whole universe is an empty charade, circumstances are all meaningless.. all that matters is integrating people in the value scheme..and judging their intentions and future actions as good or bad..

..how did you escape?

Unless you're running a "normal person" simulation and trying to emulate what its like to not have Fi. If that's the case, then enjoy the virtual Fe as long as it lasts..

I envy you... I hope you stay outside your shell as much as you can and enjoy all that stuff you described...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    ..How did you leave Fi wonderland?
    I like people but only because of what they theoretically represent and how they fit in *my* grand scheme of things. The rush that I get from someone whose abstraction is pleasant is infinitely more stimulating than anything the real concrete world has to offer.

The whole universe is an empty charade, circumstances are all meaningless.. all that matters is integrating people in the value scheme..and judging their intentions and future actions as good or bad..

..how did you escape?

Unless you're running a "normal person" simulation and trying to emulate what its like to not have Fi. If that's the case, then enjoy the virtual Fe as long as it lasts..

I envy you... I hope you stay outside your shell as much as you can and enjoy all that stuff you described...
    You are not an ENFP, I can say that with certainty.

ENFPs are not solipsistic nihilists, as you evidently are.

You honestly test as an ENFP?

You seem like an INTJ.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It is impossible for me to stay outside my shell, I'm an endoskeleton.

Through connecting with others my "Fi" grows stronger.

The unity and camaraderie I feel, with a child, with a lone flower, with a stranger only works to strengthen my own existence in this universe, providing it meaningful roots.

Tentacles and tendrils from forces unknown reaching out and in, to observe, interact, love and care, each and every day, that is what I am talking about.

When the construct of Fi disappears I know I am doing well.

I refuse to live in a puniverse the size of a stuffy orthogonal box.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    You are not an ENFP, I can say that with certainty.

ENFPs are not solipsistic nihilists, as you evidently are.

You honestly test as an ENFP?

You seem like an INTJ.
    +1
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

I .. wish, I had been born an INTJ, although as beautiful and independent as they are... they too succumb to Fi in due time whenever they develop their tertiary function.

The sense of connectedness -is- the problem.
    If I have a crusade, its to do the opposite... to not feel anything for anyone, to just be a disconnected psyche and live my little insignificant life without the charge that it has to be magically special in the grand scheme of things. I didn't chose Fi... I want out but I cant because they are my idiotic feelings to begin with.
    Because i've felt everything for everyone my whole life. Thrown away a lot of things that could have favored me because ...it was "wrong" and my universe threatened me every time whenever I would step out of line. Replacing a sense of self and becoming just feelings of "right and wrong"..and exploding furiously whenever something felt "bad".
    Worse, using my intellect to validate my own feeling system. Done that for years.. getting exited with pseudoscience... and hugging trees and flowers.. all the while being obsessed with helping people in a nearly psychic way... yeah..done it all.
    I want out. I'm trying to disconnect... completely for good.