User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    Yeah, I've experienced this type of thing many times. In this case my imagination has always worked against me. I imagine that people hate me or that they are in love with me, when in reality, they're probably not even thinking much about me at all. I never seem to relate to people normally in my head, and always have to "come back down to earth" and remind myself of what's actually going on, because if I don't, I can accidentally offend or surprise people with my arrogance or jumping to conclusions, etc.

I think it's also because I am always thinking in metaphors and symbols, and the slightest things that mean nothing to others mean things to me, so a lot of times I pick up cues from others that they probably didn't even intend to give.

Actually, it's something I hate about myself. I never feel balanced in that way, and I feel too self-absorbed. It's like there's always some sort of crazy story going on in my head and I have to work so hard to make my brain correspond with reality. :/ Actually, I feel embarrassed admitting this right now. The only way I console myself about my wild and ridiculous imagination is by planning to write a really good novel one day. Haha.
    One thing that works against us INFPs is thinking that everyone feels as strongly about things as we do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    One thing that works against us INFPs is thinking that everyone feels as strongly about things as we do.
    I know, it's so hard to be indifferent sometimes
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe