User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yep yep me too! that's it totally...i am quiet when i don't have anything to add to conversations i don't care about...it all makes sense now...i think i knew that but i must have forgotten. that's totally what it is.

all's right the world again...thanks other enfp people. you're the coolest.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I know many of us have mentioned not feeling very extraverted and now that I know more about mbti I get that i function like an extravert. I just don't think it's very apparent to others....do you know what i mean? that extraverted attitude...i mean does anyone ever think you're kind of quiet...or soft spoken? or what?
    Great post. I completely relate.

I have elements of each, DEFINITELY.

I can fall off the face of the planet for days at a time and friends won't hear from me. I need down time, time to process, time to read, think, reflect, formulate fresh ideas and concepts... Believe it or not I can feel drained by others and need time to myself. "Do not disturb."

However, put me in a room of strangers and watch me go!

I'm at ease with others and can naturally put others at ease - when my batteries are charged up. If they are not then me + roomful of strangers = MUST FLEE!

I believe many ENFPs are truly AMBIVERTS when it come to the E/I.

Oh yeah and I agree - if the topic doesn't engage me I will go mute.

MBTI
    ENFP

Yes, ambivertedness is definitely what I am. Some people know I'm an extrovert, others don't. Some people just bring me out of my shell I guess. Those tend to be the people that have something in common with me, or are so extraverted that they make me want to be twice as much! But for random people who don't have much in common with me or who I just plain have no connection to, [ or are just plain boring ] I usually just don't talk much at all, except for the random talk like, "OMG I KNOW YOU WANT ME, YOU DONT HAVE TO KEEP STARING AT ME." or silly little things like that. And they'll usually laugh, but sometimes it's just me trying to infuse some life into our interactions ;P
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Well I think part of the problem is that people don't understand what Extraversion and Introverson are.

The following is a quote from "What Type Am I?", by Renee Baron.

BARON:

(Notice how she includes THINGS, not just people and activites)

BARON:

You see, people get off track when they put the emphasis on how much someone talks or socializes.

The key difference between Extraversion and Introversion is not whether someone talks a lot or not, but whether they get energy from the OUTER WORLD or their own INNER WORLD.

The next important point is that what people DO with that energy varies.

Extraverts get energy from the outside world.
    Sometimes Extraverts pour that energy into more talking and socializing, and
    sometimes they pour it into a solitary activity.

Introverts get energy from their own inner world.
    Sometimes they pour that energy into more solitary activities, and sometimes they pour that energy into talking and socializing.

In conclusion, you can not tell whether someone is an Extravert or an Introvert solely on the basis of how much they talk or socialize.

It would be nice if it were that simple, but understanding personality type goes beyond looking at the surface of things.

thank you for making this point, because up until this point I had been determining "introvert" based up on the fact that I don't prefer to be extremely social every day

I'm starting to wonder if I'm actually an enfp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Actually I have seen this in someone I am somewhat sure is ENFP. He has such a wide circle of friends and social activities that I don't think he could be an introvert, but he is very soft-spoken and a little bit distant, so I hesitated to type him as ENFP. Now I am fairly sure that that's what he is
    I'm the opposite of this. I don't have a wide circle of social activities, per se, but I'm not at all soft-spoken or distant. I'm expressive and outspoken.

Does that make me an E?

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Most people think I'm far more extraverted than I actually am. I do love being around people, but almost equally love being alone to read, write, be online and research ideas and philosophies,etc...

I'm very extraverted with people who know me well. I will talk them to death, and that's why I think they believe I'm so extraverted. Also, I am professionally extraverted and know how to take charge on the job or in a business. I have no problems promoting a business idea aggressively, but I don't promote myself too much. I prefer that the spotlight not be on me.

In an intimate classroom setting, I will speak out a lot and get engaged in conversation. In my larger college lectures, I rarely spoke and I sat in the back. Unless someone is clearly an introvert, I prefer to be approached than approach.

Ambivert here for sure.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Here's the skinny
    At checkout counter of store:
    Checkout clerk: Hi, did you find everything ok?
    stain: Everthing except my personality and sense of humor. You see, i lost it in the parking lot here 2 weeks ago. So, i decided to check the lost and found and the lost and found clerk there said ": Not to sure i follow you." So, i then went around back and rumaged through the dumpsters to see if they were there. Very little luck. i guess the wind blew them away.
    Checkout clerk: lol
    stain:

The reason i do that is to avoid the 'same ol same ol' stuff. But when a clerk tweeks the convo into more personal yet comfortable (to her/him) dialog due to feeling more at ease with an unusually different customer from the response the clerk recieved from there 'same ol same ol' question, i feel the clerks convo tweeking as a bit of an intrusion (perhaps) and a bit too close for someone i don't know. Even though their convo shift wasn't all that personal.

Sound ENFP-ish?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

See, I sometimes waver between I and E like many others here, but for me it's a little different. I need very little alone time. Frankly, all I need is the twenty minutes alone that I get every day in the shower. If I get much more than that, ma pants get antsy.

Still, I'm called introverted all the time. My voice is very soft and I'm gentle and laid-back. Also, I'm sensitive, so if I feel like I don't fit in a social situation, I will shut up hard core.

I wouldn't know which personality I am had I not read all the descriptions I could get for both ENFP and INFP. INFP just doesn't fit. ENFP does.

Regardless, I think most people would guess me an introvert. Everyone except for my good friends and, of course, the strangers that I love chatting up in grocery store lines.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Most of them wouldn't describe me as extravert, but hey, everyone would turn introverted when they're surrounded by exhausting people!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.