• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] How Many INFPs to Change a Lightbulb?

Darkéy

MBTI Type
INFP
*snip* Alternate answer: INFP thinks about changing light bulb, goes to look for a spare, gets distracted by very interesting tangent, starts philosophizing about said tangent, starts telling you about philosophizing of said tangent, realizes doesn't have any spare lightbulbs since that would be too practical and would have required foreplanning.

Obviously meant to read as:

"INFP thinks about changing light bulb, goes to look for a spare, gets distracted by something shiny, starts philosophizing of said shiny, starts telling you about philosophizing of said shiny, realizes doesn't have [...]"

Or maybe that's just me... :blush:

X.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm so impressed, you do it in only 16 steps?! I usually end somewhere around 20. :D

It's the benefit of age, wisdom, and maturity. ;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward

There's always gotta be a reward at the end for these kind of tasks :yes:
:D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Six, one holds the bulb in place and the other 5 drink so much until the ceiling begins to twirl :D

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Right.

They'd feel guilty about replacing an old bulb, so they'd ask someone else to do it for them.

But their request would be so abstract and tangential that the other person wouldn't understand exactly what they wanted.

Then they would say "Oh, that's OK. Nevermind. I don't want to bother you"

Then they would curse the other person in their mind, and blame the other person for MAKING them replace the bulb.

Then they would either shut the other person out of their life completely, or vacillate between loving and despising that person forever.

Then they would bury the old bulb with an elaborate funeral ceremony, complete with poems and eulogies, and smile to themselves, knowing that the old bulb is "in a Better Place now."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah. So it's 1 INFP.

1. Go to grocery store.
2. Buy light bulb.
3.... Wait, do I get an old incandescent bulb or a new fluorescent bulb? I can't make a decision now without such critical information!!
4. Go home and hop online to research.
5. Open up TypeC, waste 3 hours.
6. Come nighttime and darkness, stub toe on furniture. Resolve to fix it tomorrow.
7. Research pros/cons. If necessary, use spreadsheets to mathematically determine how long it would take for fluorescent to be profitable.
8. Go back to store, buy lightbulb.
9. CRAP! They are out of the lightbulb I wanted to buy! What do I do now?!? I can't buy an unresearched bulb - not after all the work I've put into this!
10. Go home.
11. ... 2 weeks later, stub toe again. Possibly break it.
12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward.
13. Analyze light fixture. Try to change lightbulb without ladder.
14. After 5 minutes realize that it's not quite going to work. Spend 30 seconds grabbing a chair.
15. Change lightbulb.
16. Resolve not to wait so long next time.
^^^ YES! XD

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would just like to point out that I have spare light bulbs on hand, and change them out immediately when they need changing.

'Awaits to be banished from INFPland for his acquired SJ skills and ST and NT capacities'

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
But don't get me started on buying new books or movies...

"Oh but I can't buy two books in a row nondual vedanta, I'll have to buy one on that and one on baguzhang. Oh but wait, John Painter has *tw0* books in a series on bagua and I want them both! But wait, I haven't bought any new math books lately. That's because I havent read any lately. But thats because I don''t have any new ones to read! My old ones are like hundreds of pages long and I'm waiting for the *right* time to start reading. Ooh look at all those unread Sri Aurobindo books on my bookshelf. Now those are long books! 1000 pages of esoteric indian spiritual philosophy. Ahh yeah baby! Ooh, now is it sri aurobindo or that nondual vedanta I started with. Look! A new book by Yang Jwing-Ming on chigung theory! Wait, I don't want to spend money right now. I'll just get none of them. 'walks out of store' Next time, next time." starts daydreaming about books again and plotting future purchasing order.

INFP status officially restored.

and back to this thread. It takes only one INFP, but the motivational talk I give the new light bulb may take a few minutes.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Erm ... I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going with 0. This INFP wouldn't even notice the light bulb needed to be changed.

Yeah, that's right. I've got mad observational skills.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Erm ... I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going with 0. This INFP wouldn't even notice the light bulb needed to be changed.

Yeah, that's right. I've got mad observational skills.

I forgot the right name for it, but at my old dojo we had drills where you had to stand there until someone swung a sword at your head and then once they swung you'd move real real fast to get out of the way. Usually then you'd disarm them and often you'd show that you could kill them with it. Ancient Japan could be a very violent place apparently. Anyways, clearly I have *nothing* on Jewelchild's "mad observational skills!" :newwink: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

If anyone ever wants to learn observational and reaction skills I *assure* you that nothing says "I'd better pay attention and move away NOW" quite like seeing someone's fist flying at your face!

I have been known to grab a spare lamp from another room and set it by the dead bulb instead of just changing the bulb though.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
4. There is a string-puppet play going on and 3 people controls the puppets and the 4th is the announcer. The play centers on achieving ones potential and bringing your light onto a greatful world. Very inspiring and stuff. It makes the new light bulb happy and motivated and fulfilled.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i'm being serious when i say this, but one time a light bulb went out in my apartment in the bathroom when i was living alone, and i didn't change it for at least a week and a half. i used my Nintendo Ds as a light source and i quite enjoyed taking showers in the dark after awhile, it was new.

I never even actually changed it. I came home from work and one of my friends who had a key, who was annoyed at my laziness came into my apartment and changed it. he was an ISFJ.

you can always count on an sj to change your light bulb for you.

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
As soon as the light goes out, they find the Darkness as an allegory for their black and empty existence, and swiftly slit their wrists.

Though INFPs may have a bleak outlook at times, suicide is way too permanent. I'm sure that's more of a "J" thing.

I'm perfectly capable of changing a light bulb. But my adaptability, and the amusement that goes along with change, would probably keep me from addressing it until company's expected or I've grown used to not having that light source and want something different. When I finally do get around to replacing that light bulb, and notice how bright the room is, I'd say "WOW, how cool is that!?" True, it doesn't take much to amuse...

Andy Quellenlicht

MBTI Type
INFJ
no lightbulb change is necessary. before enlightening the environment in the first place, the lightbulb has been introjected (unconciously swallowed) by an INFP to see if it might belong to its universe. as a result, the broken glass causes a lot of pain in the stomach... after finding out that the lightbulb does not belong to its universe, the INFP brings it up and becomes enslaved to sorrow: this lightbulb will never shine...

metaphors of all nations, unite... :newwink:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i'm being serious when i say this, but one time a light bulb went out in my apartment in the bathroom when i was living alone, and i didn't change it for at least a week and a half. i used my Nintendo Ds as a light source and i quite enjoyed taking showers in the dark after awhile, it was new.

I never even actually changed it. I came home from work and one of my friends who had a key, who was annoyed at my laziness came into my apartment and changed it. he was an ISFJ.

you can always count on an sj to change your light bulb for you.

While not exactly the same, I've been in a very similar boat. "Ooh, this will be so fun to try and adapt to. Who needs lights?!?! Bah!!! The peeping of starlight throw the kitchen window will be more than adequate. Time to develop my underused physical sensing abilities. Before you know it I'll be able to walk fine in pitch-black darkness!"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is sooooo fucking hilarious because I have a lightbulb in one of my rooms that has been dark for months. I mean, my kitchen and bedroom bulbs MUST work and I will replace them, but I just randomly decided that that I'd have a dim living room.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My bathroom has been dark for about a month. I still do enjoy taking showers in the evening/night, so I've been doing it in darkness, which I utterly enjoy of course.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm not an INFP, but I have dreams where lights go out in different parts of my home as a child and I can't replace the lightbulbs and there is no adult to replace them. More like a nightmare...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*glares at light fixture*

Meh *shrug* my computer is on...

*continues bugging NTs on TypeC*

*screws up a sewing project a week later*