User Tag List

First 34567 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    *snip* Alternate answer: INFP thinks about changing light bulb, goes to look for a spare, gets distracted by very interesting tangent, starts philosophizing about said tangent, starts telling you about philosophizing of said tangent, realizes doesn't have any spare lightbulbs since that would be too practical and would have required foreplanning.
    Obviously meant to read as:

"INFP thinks about changing light bulb, goes to look for a spare, gets distracted by something shiny, starts philosophizing of said shiny, starts telling you about philosophizing of said shiny, realizes doesn't have [...]"

Or maybe that's just me...

X.
    "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't."

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I'm so impressed, you do it in only 16 steps?! I usually end somewhere around 20.
    It's the benefit of age, wisdom, and maturity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward
    There's always gotta be a reward at the end for these kind of tasks
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Six, one holds the bulb in place and the other 5 drink so much until the ceiling begins to twirl
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Right.

They'd feel guilty about replacing an old bulb, so they'd ask someone else to do it for them.

But their request would be so abstract and tangential that the other person wouldn't understand exactly what they wanted.

Then they would say "Oh, that's OK. Nevermind. I don't want to bother you"

Then they would curse the other person in their mind, and blame the other person for MAKING them replace the bulb.

Then they would either shut the other person out of their life completely, or vacillate between loving and despising that person forever.

Then they would bury the old bulb with an elaborate funeral ceremony, complete with poems and eulogies, and smile to themselves, knowing that the old bulb is "in a Better Place now."

Yeah. So it's 1 INFP.

1. Go to grocery store.
    2. Buy light bulb.
    3.... Wait, do I get an old incandescent bulb or a new fluorescent bulb? I can't make a decision now without such critical information!!
    4. Go home and hop online to research.
    5. Open up TypeC, waste 3 hours.
    6. Come nighttime and darkness, stub toe on furniture. Resolve to fix it tomorrow.
    7. Research pros/cons. If necessary, use spreadsheets to mathematically determine how long it would take for fluorescent to be profitable.
    8. Go back to store, buy lightbulb.
    9. CRAP! They are out of the lightbulb I wanted to buy! What do I do now?!? I can't buy an unresearched bulb - not after all the work I've put into this!
    10. Go home.
    11. ... 2 weeks later, stub toe again. Possibly break it.
    12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward.
    13. Analyze light fixture. Try to change lightbulb without ladder.
    14. After 5 minutes realize that it's not quite going to work. Spend 30 seconds grabbing a chair.
    15. Change lightbulb.
    16. Resolve not to wait so long next time.
    ^^^ YES! XD

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would just like to point out that I have spare light bulbs on hand, and change them out immediately when they need changing.

'Awaits to be banished from INFPland for his acquired SJ skills and ST and NT capacities'

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

But don't get me started on buying new books or movies...

"Oh but I can't buy two books in a row nondual vedanta, I'll have to buy one on that and one on baguzhang. Oh but wait, John Painter has *tw0* books in a series on bagua and I want them both! But wait, I haven't bought any new math books lately. That's because I havent read any lately. But thats because I don''t have any new ones to read! My old ones are like hundreds of pages long and I'm waiting for the *right* time to start reading. Ooh look at all those unread Sri Aurobindo books on my bookshelf. Now those are long books! 1000 pages of esoteric indian spiritual philosophy. Ahh yeah baby! Ooh, now is it sri aurobindo or that nondual vedanta I started with. Look! A new book by Yang Jwing-Ming on chigung theory! Wait, I don't want to spend money right now. I'll just get none of them. 'walks out of store' Next time, next time." starts daydreaming about books again and plotting future purchasing order.

INFP status officially restored.

and back to this thread. It takes only one INFP, but the motivational talk I give the new light bulb may take a few minutes.

MBTI
    INFP

Erm ... I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going with 0. This INFP wouldn't even notice the light bulb needed to be changed.

Yeah, that's right. I've got mad observational skills.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%