User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    One. It's just when we get around to doing it is the issue.

Much like ... many, many other people in the world LOL!
    So true. The older I get, the lazier I seem to get, or is it just an internet addiction.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    Bald

If they're physically able to and know what a light bulb is and have a spare one around I suppose it would just be one. And a chair to stand on. Or is it a nightlamp?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    I could never change the lightbulb! How could I get rid of such a special thing that has brightened my life, simply because it does not perform the way it used to? It is still the same inside! How hurt it would be to be replaced! Now it is my place to be there for it, like it used to be there for me!

[In all seriousness though, I'm sad when I have to throw inanimate objects away. XD]
    I....may be an INFP now...

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Clearly we call the INTPs over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Sorry, we're too busy thinking up a plan for making our own longer-lasting lightbulb. Although, I must admit that we're having difficulty since we're working in darkness ourselves.
    I lol'd
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    I could never change the lightbulb! How could I get rid of such a special thing that has brightened my life, simply because it does not perform the way it used to? It is still the same inside! How hurt it would be to be replaced! Now it is my place to be there for it, like it used to be there for me!

[In all seriousness though, I'm sad when I have to throw inanimate objects away. XD]
    Right.

They'd feel guilty about replacing an old bulb, so they'd ask someone else to do it for them.

But their request would be so abstract and tangential that the other person wouldn't understand exactly what they wanted.

Then they would say "Oh, that's OK. Nevermind. I don't want to bother you"

Then they would curse the other person in their mind, and blame the other person for MAKING them replace the bulb.

Then they would either shut the other person out of their life completely, or vacillate between loving and despising that person forever.

Then they would bury the old bulb with an elaborate funeral ceremony, complete with poems and eulogies, and smile to themselves, knowing that the old bulb is "in a Better Place now."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    They'd feel guilty about replacing an old bulb, so they'd ask someone else to do it for them.

But their request would be so abstract and tangential that the other person wouldn't understand exactly what they wanted.

Then they would say "Oh, that's OK. Nevermind. I don't want to bother you"

Then they would curse the other person in their mind, and blame the other person for MAKING them replace the bulb.

Then they would either shut the other person out of their life completely, or vacillate between loving and despising that person forever.

Then they would bury the old bulb with an elaborate funeral ceremony, complete with poems and eulogies, and smile to themselves, knowing that the old bulb is "in a Better Place now."

Is this your take or experience on INFP-ENFP relationships? And besides, personally I prefer the word "orthogonal", tangential is just so 2-dimensional, maybe 3 dimensional. One could go with "normal at the surface", but please what INFP is normal at the surface? "Infinite dimensional complete Hilbert space", now that requires usage of the term "orthogonal". Hey, where did the nerd smiley go?!?!? I guess I'll just have to settle for this.

Alternate answer: INFP thinks about changing light bulb, goes to look for a spare, gets distracted by very interesting tangent, starts philosophizing about said tangent, starts telling you about philosophizing of said tangent, realizes doesn't have any spare lightbulbs since that would be too practical and would have required foreplanning.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I yell to my ISFJ mommy who comes & does it for me .
    I also have an ISFJ for a mommy. She would then promptly tell my dad to change it. He is much taller than her.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    One. It's just when we get around to doing it is the issue.
    Yeah. So it's 1 INFP.

1. Go to grocery store.
    2. Buy light bulb.
    3.... Wait, do I get an old incandescent bulb or a new fluorescent bulb? I can't make a decision now without such critical information!!
    4. Go home and hop online to research.
    5. Open up TypeC, waste 3 hours.
    6. Come nighttime and darkness, stub toe on furniture. Resolve to fix it tomorrow.
    7. Research pros/cons. If necessary, use spreadsheets to mathematically determine how long it would take for fluorescent to be profitable.
    8. Go back to store, buy lightbulb.
    9. CRAP! They are out of the lightbulb I wanted to buy! What do I do now?!? I can't buy an unresearched bulb - not after all the work I've put into this!
    10. Go home.
    11. ... 2 weeks later, stub toe again. Possibly break it.
    12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward.
    13. Analyze light fixture. Try to change lightbulb without ladder.
    14. After 5 minutes realize that it's not quite going to work. Spend 30 seconds grabbing a chair.
    15. Change lightbulb.
    16. Resolve not to wait so long next time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yeah. So it's 1 INFP.

1. Go to grocery store.
    2. Buy light bulb.
    3.... Wait, do I get an old incandescent bulb or a new fluorescent bulb? I can't make a decision now without such critical information!!
    6. Come nighttime and darkness, stub toe on furniture. Resolve to fix it tomorrow.
    7. Research pros/cons. If necessary, use spreadsheets to mathematically determine how long it would take for fluorescent to be profitable.
    9. CRAP! They are out of the lightbulb I wanted to buy! What do I do now?!? I can't buy an unresearched bulb - not after all the work I've put into this!
    10. Go home.
    12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward.
    14. After 5 minutes realize that it's not quite going to work. Spend 30 seconds grabbing a chair.
    15. Change lightbulb.
    Yes, that sounds a little more likely. An INFP would make themselves do it, they'd just use Si and Te very, very badly in order to do it. Maybe not THAT badly, though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yeah. So it's 1 INFP.

1. Go to grocery store.
    2. Buy light bulb.
    10. Go home.
    15. Change lightbulb.
    I'm so impressed, you do it in only 16 steps?! I usually end somewhere around 20.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)