User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default NFP's: how nurturing do you consider yourself?

I started a thread over in relationships that I am now generalizing a part of to start this thread. At first I was just thinking of it in relation to INFP's, but then I realized it may very well apply to ENFP's as well.

INFP's, how nurturing do you consider yourself? We are Fi doms, and I personally think of Fi as being the most nurturing of all the functions. I know a lot of INFP's write that they don't really relate to INFP descriptions, particularly iirc the idealism, fluffy-warmness, goody-two-shoes. I don't think those are quite the right words but they are the best that is coming to me right now. I think those profiles are trying to describe Fi, and the words they pick can be overly idealistic and goody-two-shoes or whatever. I'm imagining that we span a range on this attribute, largely based upon how our Fi was viewed by others during our upbringing. Personally I consider myself pretty darn nurturing, but that's not to say that other people will necessarily notice it. Though many have and commented on it!

ENFP's, how nurturing do you consider yourselves? How would you compare that to us INFP's? Do you think that difference is largely attributable to NeFi instead of FiNe? Do you think your being extraverts allows you more expression of being nurturing or somehow makes it more publicly acceptable?

Let the nurturing begin!

Oh, if non-NFP's want to comment about NFP's that they know, feel free to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Also, are their people, situations, etc that take away from your nurturing?

For me, being at work in TJ land and NTJ land in particular is like murder on my nurturance.

MBTI
    GONE

Hmm...I think ENFPs are more about "tough love" than INFPs. Not that ENFPs are even about "tough love" based on type. I have had people tell me they appreciate my "tough love" and telling people things because I care.

I have never considered myself "nurturing" but that may also be a growth issue. Nurturing has an aspect of taking ownership or responsibility and really extending yourself that was something that I never felt comfortable with. In order to "nurture" someone you have to either be let in or make your way in, so to speak.

I would say I can be caring and I have been called "sweet" literally by people (that I've dated) - and even that was a surprise to me.

I think it may be the nature of Fi and a guarded approach to relating to people, but no, I don't think of myself as nurturing. Supportive, yes. Nurturing, no.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am extremely, extremely nurturing. I would be smothering, except that I am sensitive to the other person's need for space. As I've grown older, I've become more and more demonstrative. Lots of hugs, lots of "I love you"s, lots of compliments...etc. I'm great with kids, too. People comment that I am "SO NICE!" I have a very powerful instinct to comfort, help, and take care of people that I'm close to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Around family members and close friends, yes, I hug and say "I love you!" and pretty much overdo the nurturing bit. Not so much in a work environment or even in a public one though, it's more of a private thing for me. But yes, when I connect with people I do come off like that, and often get labeled things similar to what the OP described.

The (many) ENFPs I know are more prone to "tough love," like CzeCze said. They tell you what needs to be told, but because they love you.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ok this is an answer, divided in two parts, which are not related to each other:

-----------------
    1st
    Does the thread title adress NTs who nurture NFs, too ?
    -----------------
    2nd
    Well my INFJ choosed an entp boyfriend, what actually says she must have a nurturing-complex
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I would say I am very nurturing
    ~foot massages - getting anything you may need
    to the point of waiting on you hand and foot
    ~long hugs - caresses on the back and leg - kisses on the neck
    ~calls to tell you remind you of how good you are
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    ENFP's, how nurturing do you consider yourselves? How would you compare that to us INFP's? Do you think that difference is largely attributable to NeFi instead of FiNe? Do you think your being extraverts allows you more expression of being nurturing or somehow makes it more publicly acceptable?
    I'm very nurturing but not in a way somebody is physically providng. I'm not the prefect host-type of nurting person at all. I mean I'm mostly mentally very nurturing, very soothing, supporting and providing good feedback to people. And with my own children, I'm also nurturing physically, I mean lots of hugs and kisses and making the children feel that they are safe.

With adults I'm more mentally supporting. I'm have a huge need of space between me and other adults and thus I don't show my supporting and nurturing physically to adults (except to those people closest to me). Except for my empathy/sympathy touch when somebody is really sad and i'm feeling it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm extremely nurturing toward animals, period. I'm extremely nurturing toward people I genuinely care about, I can be extremely affectionate and supportive, or toward strangers who are obviously in need of assistance I will give practical help. I will hug people who are upset, or listen to people who need to vent. But I don't go around just looking for random people to nurture. I can't ever see myself becoming a nurse. However, I have a soft spot for adolescents, particularly the ones who seem "lost."

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

for awhile i thought i might be kind of nfp-ish... but after reading this... no.. just.. no.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman