User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFP's: how nurturing do you consider yourself?

9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm a pretty terrible nurturer I think. I'm kind of like a time-traveller from the future. I see bad things happening to the people around me and I feel for them but I mustn't interfere lest I endanger the very fabric of the space-time continuum. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Funnily enough, I've felt something very similar before. My need to give people space to live their lives sometimes fights with my desire to help them feel better.

In the end, it really depends on how much I respect or care for the person, how much good I think I can do, and how appreciative they are. I can be very nurturing and supportive to those that fit those three criteria.

i relate a lot to both of these posts, but also admit that sometimes i do intervene and have been a catalyst in both clean and painful change in others' lives..sometimes the urge to guide or protect is too strong to ignore. perhaps female NFs tend to experience this more..?

i am apparently a very nurturing type (so i've been told), with both animals and people.. it's something that i think has always caused old women and parents of small children to favor me.

until someone mentioned it to me i had never really considered it noteworthy as it's basically instinctual. it makes me feel cheesy and overly feminized sometimes when i am aware of it.

1- I am a "tough love" person, mostly because I expect even more from myself and I push myself harder than most anyone else. So I have a tough time understanding people who are soft with themselves.

2- I think I would make a great father someday.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

9w8 sx/sp
    SEE Fi

How nurturing I am depends on how much I respect the person in question. In other words, it's totally subjective.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

heart on fire Array

I nuture the people in my inner circle, probably too much at times.

Sometimes quiet, gentle strangers touch me deeply and I'll respond to them in a nuturing way if they seem to need and want it, but I'd never want to impose myself on anyone.

And cats. I adore cats.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

I'm not nurturing at all. I hate nurturing people and I also hate being nurtured. I'm more of a protector.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

6w5 sp/sx

There are times when I'm kind of thrust into a nurturing role and it's awkward as all hell. I have no idea what to do or say.