User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

The Incredible Journey of Edward Tulane - a children's story that really isn't about a toy rabbit who ends up living with many different people throughout his lifespan and how he eventually learns to care about others and to love even when it means the pain of loss.

Same author as the Tale of Desperaux (although if you have seen the movie, it is not at all like the book!). Also by her - A Tiger Rising, written for young adults (I usually hate that genre) but it is a wonderful story.

The Velveteen Rabbit - children's story. Warning for overactive imaginations in NF children: do not keep a copy of childcraft encyclopedia on childhood diseases in the house. I was positive that my tongue looked like the girl's in the picture and that I had Scarlet Fever like the kid in the book and all of my dearest things would have to be burned to eradicate the germs!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    The Velveteen Rabbit - children's story.
    Oh god, the Velveteen Rabbit. My mother thought I was insane for how much the movie version made me cry.

Oh overly sensitive NFs,... a couple of years back I felt so guilty trading in my first CAR because it hadn't broken down completely and it was like I was betraying it. Didn't help that they gave me the base amount it was worth. I wanted to yell at them that it had more worth than they gave it credit for. Haha.

MBTI
    GONE

Hmm, if we're gonna go there - Charlotte's Web.

I liked Aesop's Fables growing up. And Brer Rabbit. Little did I know it was speaking to my budding Fi? Or no?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    Oh god, the Velveteen Rabbit. My mother thought I was insane for how much the movie version made me cry.

Oh overly sensitive NFs,... a couple of years back I felt so guilty trading in my first CAR because it hadn't broken down completely and it was like I was betraying it. Didn't help that they gave me the base amount it was worth. I wanted to yell at them that it had more worth than they gave it credit for. Haha.
    ^ YES. the velveteen rabbit (never saw the movie, though) killed me. i also remember a film version of the secret garden that begins in india, and the little girl's doll is thrown into a fire on camera (i forget why.. brideburning? har har) but maaan that shook me, too..

am finding much difficulty in cleaning things from my parents place, as there is much there that i can't bear to toss out..
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende >> One of the greatest children's books ever written

Also Alice in Wonderland

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    "The Last Lecture" - Randy Pausch

I've not felt myself agreeing more with any author in my life. Except maybe for Ovid. But his stories don't count here (lol).
    I was totally at that lecture, but the auditorium filled to capacity right before I was allowed in, so I went backstage and wished Randy good luck on his speech

My votes:
    Revolutionary Road - Richard Yates
    Anything by Haruki Murakami (he's an INFP through and through)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by grasshoppersings View Post
    Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

The Four Agreements by that Native American author guy of the Toltec tribe

My favorite book above all others ever written or to be written is by my favorite author. The book is the Bible. A book that actually reads you as you read it. Fascinating.
    I agree totally. (Don Miguel Ruiz is that Toltec guy.)
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by JakeReckons View Post
    Anything by Haruki Murakami (he's an INFP through and through)
    Yes! Murakami is another excellent NF-friendly author. Which book of his is your favorite?

And now that so many great children's books have been mentioned, I have to add the A Wrinkle In Time series and anything Roald Dahl to the list.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by shimsham View Post
    Yes! Murakami is another excellent NF-friendly author. Which book of his is your favorite?
    I really enjoyed After the Quake, one of his short story collections. I've always appreciated someone who could pull off a good short story. What about yours?
    "This much I knew and know: I was making myself hideously uncomfortable by not narrowing my attention to details of life which were immediately important, and by refusing to believe what my neighbors believed."
    --Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions