INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I dunno about love, but I've definitely denied liking lots of people

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I did it once as a teenager, to my later sorrow and I learned from it.
    Yea, I will never do this again. I regret it as well.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    I KNOW for a fact that if a person I loved extra much told me he loved me romantically, I would say no even if I felt the same.
    Yea, very odd. I have admitted to love other times, but the depth of emotion I felt at the time of denial almost made it such that saying "love" was not enough. Problem is, I never said what it was I was feeling, nor did I describe it, I simply denied the entire thing all together. Glad I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I've done it twice, and can't begin to explain it. Both times were with people I have felt almost a soul connection with-the only two people for whom the feeling lasted for any real length of time and stood the test of reality. The denials both happened in the same way.

Once, was a childhood best guy friend(ISFP?). He was the first person for whom I ever felt a "sacrificial" love. He confronted me years into our friendship, after already making it obvious that he liked me, and just simply said,"Do you like me?" I looked him dead in the face and said no, and in turn, he raged at me and told me to never talk to him again...until the next day when he acted as though everything was fine.

The other time I did this was as an adult with another close guy friend, but we had a mutually understood liking of each other. I had no issue with flirting with him, or hanging out with him with it being understood by most that we were into each other, but when I fell for him, it was in a way I had/have never experienced. Just knowing that he existed made the world "work" for me. I didn't need him to be mine, although I would've liked it, but I felt immensely blessed just to have had him in my life. Just watching him move, hearing him talk, and being in his circle likely added another 20 years onto my life. Nonetheless, we had at one point(intoxicated) a conversation about our feelings that he started...he dreamed about me all the time, couldn't stop thinking about me, had no clue what it was about me exactly(besides everything) but that something just "seemed insanely right" between us. I agreed. A month later, he asked me if I loved him....and....I....said....NO!

Is it just me??
    ENTPs are guilty of this too. It's your fear.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I've done it twice, and can't begin to explain it. Both times were with people I have felt almost a soul connection with-the only two people for whom the feeling lasted for any real length of time and stood the test of reality. The denials both happened in the same way.

Once, was a childhood best guy friend(ISFP?). He was the first person for whom I ever felt a "sacrificial" love. He confronted me years into our friendship, after already making it obvious that he liked me, and just simply said,"Do you like me?" I looked him dead in the face and said no, and in turn, he raged at me and told me to never talk to him again...until the next day when he acted as though everything was fine.

The other time I did this was as an adult with another close guy friend, but we had a mutually understood liking of each other. I had no issue with flirting with him, or hanging out with him with it being understood by most that we were into each other, but when I fell for him, it was in a way I had/have never experienced. Just knowing that he existed made the world "work" for me. I didn't need him to be mine, although I would've liked it, but I felt immensely blessed just to have had him in my life. Just watching him move, hearing him talk, and being in his circle likely added another 20 years onto my life. Nonetheless, we had at one point(intoxicated) a conversation about our feelings that he started...he dreamed about me all the time, couldn't stop thinking about me, had no clue what it was about me exactly(besides everything) but that something just "seemed insanely right" between us. I agreed. A month later, he asked me if I loved him....and....I....said....NO!

Is it just me??
    I think you might be scerred, because love is scerry.

I am reckless when it comes to love, and I recklessly fall in lust or infatuation every other Tuesday.

But, when it comes to the real-deal-smack-you-in-the-facemindandheart-make-you-feel-something-real kinda love.

I face and embrace it, it comes oh so seldomly.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Yes...usually because I could predict it not ending up being the kind of long term relationship that I need. I couldn't bring myself to hurt someone over something that wouldn't last.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

There were a few girls in high school that I conciously pushed away in order to keep my focus on obsessivly getting my ass out of high school.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

No.

I have repressed infatuation because sometimes it appears in strange quarters. A straight friend, a clearly terrible match...in all of these situations which may happen on a bi-weekly basis, I'll acknowledge the feelings, laugh at myself (you silly person followed by gentle self-punching) and then choose to ignore them altogether and act completely normal around said person. Finally the feelings disappear, making room for pure admiration or warm affection for the person.

When I am in love or even close to it, I'm just filled with such joy and abandonment, it's irrepressible. With or without the other person, though clearly better with, I like to shout it from rooftops. I'm led so much by Ne that even a glint of possible love can't be ignored. It's overpowering.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    I'm led so much by Ne that even a glint of possible love can't be ignored. It's overpowering.
    I feel the same, but the words that have come out of my mouth have been completely contradictory! Like others have said, I believe it was fear. Maybe of having no control over my mind and heart. Maybe I have some strong T and J ruminating in the background somewhere.