User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

[QUOTE=OneWithSoul;754085]
    Let me rephrase that. I have the ability to love everybody despite of their flaws. I think that most NFs are this way too. I didn't mean that I naturally love everybody in the world, but more so that I can. In other words, I have the ability to still love a person even though they may have done wrong.
    I totally get this. I think when we truly love someone, we see all their sides, good and bad, we see their humanity. I don't believe this is a romantic notion at all, if anything it is a very holistic view of the person you love.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=statuesquechica;754113]
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post

I totally get this. I think when we truly love someone, we see all their sides, good and bad, we see their humanity. I don't believe this is a romantic notion at all, if anything it is a very holistic view of the person you love.
    Exactly what I mean. Thank you.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Neat responses! I'm glad I'm not the only denier in the world. Strangely though, I don't have an issue with saying "I love you" per se. I mean, I say it all the time. I'm married, and I've had other relationships where saying "I love you" was quite normal. But I have felt, seen, and experienced a heightened sense of love/understanding/communion with a person that perhaps I couldn't admit to or even describe at the time. Maybe I was thinking the word "love" to not be encompassing enough. I also wonder rather or not I "knew" that the admitting of those feelings would've led to the finality of my search for a soul mate. (gags) I also know that I was rather shocked by the question, "Are you in love with me?"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Let me rephrase that. I have the ability to love everybody despite of their flaws.
    The ability to do something is different than an actual acomplishment.

What you're doing is calling sperm a baby.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    The ability to do something is different than an actual acomplishment.

What you're doing is calling sperm a baby.
    Agreed. You're right. I wasn't thinking through it clearly when I initially posted, but I got it across later.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've 'rejected' people I've really cared about before. Usually I justified it with moral reasons [they have conflicting morals], but mainly I would just feel very strong emotions pulling me away from them. I KNOW for a fact that if a person I loved extra much told me he loved me romantically, I would say no even if I felt the same.

I have no clue what is up with me, but I've always been like this. It's almost like knowing that they care is more important than being with them? Maybe it's too big of a risk?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no...i haven't. i don't get why you would.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    no...i haven't. i don't get why you would.
    +1, me either.

What benefit is there to hiding fellings of love for someone, especially if they have similar feelings toward you?

My wifey is INFJ, and she definitely "holds back" emotions in general, internalizes alot. Due to a rough childhood she has a fear of close relationships going bad, and that I think is the root of withholding feelings for her. I think NFs can be much more so sensitive to their expression/interpretation of feelings. Such a concept is very foreign to me. If I love you or hate you, I will tell you immediately.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes I have. Sometimes how you feel about someone is very personal to you and in some situations it is just not a good idea to share it. It would do no good on your part. They will use your love and you know this. Or they do not feel the same way and it is really has no purpose in being said though. Now...if I was asked point blank on this I might be honest or try to downplay it. But in my expirence sometimes its just better to keep it to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

heart on fire

I did it once as a teenager, to my later sorrow and I learned from it.