User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Actually that doesn't happen to me at all. (Perhaps because I live in London where people naturally mind their own business and distrust strangers?) The only time I can bet that a stranger will talk to me is when I sit in a park and some guy comes up to me and starts hitting on me. That's one of the reasons I don't sit in parks to read a book, I really don't want to have to deal with people invading my private space like this.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think oddballs and eccentrics are attracted to me because they view me as such. It makes sense that those people will feel comfortable around others who seem 'out of of the ordinary.' I have a million similar stories, OP. Only I don't tell them anymore because so many of them seem so unbelievable, only the few people who know me well understand I attract these people, effortlessly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Count me in.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

So now that we've agreed that there are a number of us who odd people pick: do you think you encourage it in some way? And if you don't, what is it about you that makes you approachable? Why do you think people pick you? Have any of you gone from being frequently approached to not approached? What is responsible for that?

MBTI
    INFJ

yes!!! this happens to me constantly.
    if i am alone in a public place for more than 5 minutes, 9/10 an oddball will come up to me and start pouring his/ her soul out.
    it is so, so weird. i don't mind that much i guess, it's sort of interesting, but i do get really freaked out sometimes.

in the last two weeks i've had two conversations with verry.. interesting people.
    i was sitting on a bench in the city, waiting for a friend, when an asian man came and sat next to me, and literally just started telling me about his childhood in asia, and his abusive father, and how his brother suffered from depression and his sister went to america and now he never sees her etcetc. and then it started raining and i was like 'listen, i really have to go.' and he held a book over my head and kept talking to me for about 20 minutes.

another time i was just waiting at a bus stop, and a man walked up to me and said 'excuse me, i'm sorry, but you have a nice vibe.. i had to come and talk to you.' he was clearly very drunk/ stoned or something, but he just went on and on about his life, and how he was going to be late for an appointment, and kept turning to leave, then deciding against it and kept talking. then he shook my hand and wouldn't let go, and finally my bus came and i got on, and he just stood there and waved.

lol.. no wonder i'm scared of going out alone.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya you got a talent there that's prolly why they call you the psych type.

You should tho try to develop that instead to brag about it.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ

I have a history of having long converstations with homeless people with varying untreated psychological disorders. I've had schizophrenics follow me. I've had INTPs stalk me. It's just a fact of life. Honestly, I enjoy talking to them, because I frequently find them brilliant and feel they deserve a moment to have a connection with someone other than the rambling going on in their heads. In those brief moments I've allowed the weirdoes, freaks, and eccentrics to come into my life, I've felt more connected and less alone.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I have noticed that many INFJs seem to draw odd people to them.
    Yeah. I've seen two INFJs hang out together.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    So now that we've agreed that there are a number of us who odd people pick: do you think you encourage it in some way? And if you don't, what is it about you that makes you approachable? Why do you think people pick you? Have any of you gone from being frequently approached to not approached? What is responsible for that?
    When I am out in public I don't encourage it in any way other than looking people in the face and being aware of their presence. I am always aware of other people's "space" so simply saying "excuse me" or "no problem" seems to signal some people. I think we live in a society where a large majority of people feel unseen, invisible. There are so many people existing with so much pain (from the conversations I have had with some strangers and what they share) that they are wanting to ease that burden in some small way. I don't mind sharing that moment with them; I can be with them, as long as I maintain a healthy boundary and don't absorb too much. I have definitely had to work on that skill for my own sanity.

I think being in the general public will always provide these opportunities/inconveniences depending on how it is viewed. I agree that sometimes it can be a gift and sometimes a burden.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFJs are odd people.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.