Every type has its most common difficulties in relating to other types.* Common issues that have come up for people relating to INFJs since I've been on the forum have included:
- tendancy to be slow to open up
- showing different sides of self depending on what person the INFJ is relating to.
- overanalyzing when dating another type that is also watching them for cues (eg Evan's INFJ/INFJ thread)
- processing time is needed, and issues may need to be revisited several times before they are resolved
- seeming very strong emotionally and then very unexpectedly exploding or crumbling into tears when things get to be too much, which blindsides the other person who didn't see it coming
I have also observed some other issues, but would be interested in knowing what those of you who have related to INFJs have found.
Please state your type and also what you wish the INFJ would do about it to make things work better. (Tells us something about where our differences are in outlook).