User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 50

  1. #31
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    okay, When they have to process something (Ni related?), and they just continually change the subject instead of telling you that they don't know what to think yet. It's not much of a bad thing, It taught me to look for cues when people are talking to see what might be going on in their heads.
    5 3 9

  2. #32
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    A peeve I have with (some) INFJs: Lack of straightforwardness regarding your opinions and preferences. Say what you mean and mean what you say, please! (To be clear, I think diplomacy is fine; I can even value it. It's when diplomacy crosses into dishonest territory that I start to take issue with it.)

    (Elaboration here.)

  3. #33
    Badoom~ Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    A peeve I have with (some) INFJs: Lack of straightforwardness regarding your opinions and preferences. Say what you mean and mean what you say, please! (To be clear, I think diplomacy is fine; I can even value it. It's when diplomacy crosses into dishonest territory that I start to take issue with it.)

    (Elaboration here.)
    I dont like that in myself, either. I just wish I was eloquent enough, heck and BRAVE enough, to speak my mind. Instead of being a whiney eight-one-seven-C-H, and just saying it straight. I need a meditation mantra for this.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  4. #34
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    A peeve I have with (some) INFJs: Lack of straightforwardness regarding your opinions and preferences. Say what you mean and mean what you say, please! (To be clear, I think diplomacy is fine; I can even value it. It's when diplomacy crosses into dishonest territory that I start to take issue with it.)

    (Elaboration here.)
    I wish I were less straightforward. Seriously. This is one of those things that people say about INFJs that I can't relate to. Diplomacy...what's that?

  5. #35
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    My only beef with INFJ is that the type often has an attitude of 'benevolent arrogance'- thinking that they are always right but that sense of 'confidence' is for the 'greater good'... it can be annoying for me, a person who doesn't always follow the 'conventional moral code' but always does what he thinks is right..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  6. #36
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    ^Again, what is this "greater good" people speak of? I hear this in reference to NFs a lot, and by extension to INFJs.

    And since when do INFJs follow a "conventional moral code" over what they believe is right? Isn't fighting for what they believe is right one of the defining qualities of INFJs? :confused:

  7. #37
    Badoom~ Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    My only beef with INFJ is that the type often has an attitude of 'benevolent arrogance'- thinking that they are always right but that sense of 'confidence' is for the 'greater good'... it can be annoying for me, a person who doesn't always follow the 'conventional moral code' but always does what he thinks is right..
    T'au Commander Shas'o'kais: All must serve The Greater Good.


    ^Again, what is this "greater good" people speak of? I hear this in reference to NFs a lot, and by extension to INFJs.

    And since when do INFJs follow a "conventional moral code" over what they believe is right?
    I wouldn't mind knowing this either. The term 'conventional moral code' is a bit vague to work with. All I know is that my 'moral code' is pretty loose and is based off of 'Ends justify the means, sometimes' and not black and white; which isn't easy for me to think in.

    I'm too busy trying to express myself and learn new things to consciously be a crusader for a cause. I think of myself too bohemian-in-a-patched-suit to be that. Not to mention I'm too lazy. Find an ENFJ for your crusades and let me sleep. (No really... 2 hours of sleep in nearing 48 hours. Night folks)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  8. #38
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ^Again, what is this "greater good" people speak of? I hear this in reference to NFs a lot, and by extension to INFJs.

    And since when do INFJs follow a "conventional moral code" over what they believe is right? Isn't fighting for what they believe is right one of the defining qualities of INFJs? :confused:
    I'm actually with this, the only way INFJs are following a conventional moral code is because it has a very personal element to them. Also, they'd seem likely to hate the very idea of some set it stone "code" anyways, and are likely to rely on a completely unique ruleset for every individual event that arises.



  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm actually with this, the only way INFJs are following a conventional moral code is because it has a very personal element to them. Also, they'd seem likely to hate the very idea of some set it stone "code" anyways, and are likely to rely on a completely unique ruleset for every individual event that arises.
    "Conventional moral codes" vary quite a bit from culture to culture. I think many people try to find those shared values or understandings. (Speaking the same language helps. ;p)

    I don't understand the assumption that infjs wouldn't want a solidified code. Societies have been managed by basic moral codes for centuries. Part of culture formation and nation building includes a set of laws or ideas that govern the country/region.

  10. #40
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    "Conventional moral codes" vary quite a bit from culture to culture. I think many people try to find those shared values or understandings. (Speaking the same language helps. ;p)

    I don't understand the assumption that infjs wouldn't want a solidified code. Societies have been managed by basic moral codes for centuries. Part of culture formation and nation building includes a set of laws or ideas that govern the country/region.
    I think it comes down to them having a tendency to see "events" from a completely individual and separate standpoint, when referenced to other events. Each situations requires, and deserves, a unique moral interpretation and contemplation for the outcome to be "fair." I don't think INFJs do black and white, it's more shades of the entire color spectrum.



Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] How to properly communicate with the other types?
    By Obsidius in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2016, 05:13 PM
  2. [sp] Sp/So: experiences with other types
    By decrescendo in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2014, 04:29 PM
  3. How do you generally get along with other types?
    By Lottie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 01:10 PM
  4. [MBTItm] INFJs butt heads with which type?
    By felt up in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 02:59 AM
  5. [ENFP] ENFP's with other types
    By sketcheasy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 11:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO