User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

okay, When they have to process something (Ni related?), and they just continually change the subject instead of telling you that they don't know what to think yet. It's not much of a bad thing, It taught me to look for cues when people are talking to see what might be going on in their heads.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTJ

A peeve I have with (some) INFJs: Lack of straightforwardness regarding your opinions and preferences. Say what you mean and mean what you say, please! (To be clear, I think diplomacy is fine; I can even value it. It's when diplomacy crosses into dishonest territory that I start to take issue with it.)

(Elaboration here.)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    A peeve I have with (some) INFJs: Lack of straightforwardness regarding your opinions and preferences. Say what you mean and mean what you say, please! (To be clear, I think diplomacy is fine; I can even value it. It's when diplomacy crosses into dishonest territory that I start to take issue with it.)

(Elaboration here.)
    I dont like that in myself, either. I just wish I was eloquent enough, heck and BRAVE enough, to speak my mind. Instead of being a whiney eight-one-seven-C-H, and just saying it straight. I need a meditation mantra for this.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post

(Elaboration here.)
    I wish I were less straightforward. Seriously. This is one of those things that people say about INFJs that I can't relate to. Diplomacy...what's that?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

My only beef with INFJ is that the type often has an attitude of 'benevolent arrogance'- thinking that they are always right but that sense of 'confidence' is for the 'greater good'... it can be annoying for me, a person who doesn't always follow the 'conventional moral code' but always does what he thinks is right..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

^Again, what is this "greater good" people speak of? I hear this in reference to NFs a lot, and by extension to INFJs.

And since when do INFJs follow a "conventional moral code" over what they believe is right? Isn't fighting for what they believe is right one of the defining qualities of INFJs? :confused:

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    My only beef with INFJ is that the type often has an attitude of 'benevolent arrogance'- thinking that they are always right but that sense of 'confidence' is for the 'greater good'... it can be annoying for me, a person who doesn't always follow the 'conventional moral code' but always does what he thinks is right..
    T'au Commander Shas'o'kais: All must serve The Greater Good.

^Again, what is this "greater good" people speak of? I hear this in reference to NFs a lot, and by extension to INFJs.

And since when do INFJs follow a "conventional moral code" over what they believe is right?
    I wouldn't mind knowing this either. The term 'conventional moral code' is a bit vague to work with. All I know is that my 'moral code' is pretty loose and is based off of 'Ends justify the means, sometimes' and not black and white; which isn't easy for me to think in.

I'm too busy trying to express myself and learn new things to consciously be a crusader for a cause. I think of myself too bohemian-in-a-patched-suit to be that. Not to mention I'm too lazy. Find an ENFJ for your crusades and let me sleep. (No really... 2 hours of sleep in nearing 48 hours. Night folks)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post

And since when do INFJs follow a "conventional moral code" over what they believe is right? Isn't fighting for what they believe is right one of the defining qualities of INFJs? :confused:
    I'm actually with this, the only way INFJs are following a conventional moral code is because it has a very personal element to them. Also, they'd seem likely to hate the very idea of some set it stone "code" anyways, and are likely to rely on a completely unique ruleset for every individual event that arises.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm actually with this, the only way INFJs are following a conventional moral code is because it has a very personal element to them. Also, they'd seem likely to hate the very idea of some set it stone "code" anyways, and are likely to rely on a completely unique ruleset for every individual event that arises.
    "Conventional moral codes" vary quite a bit from culture to culture. I think many people try to find those shared values or understandings. (Speaking the same language helps. ;p)

I don't understand the assumption that infjs wouldn't want a solidified code. Societies have been managed by basic moral codes for centuries. Part of culture formation and nation building includes a set of laws or ideas that govern the country/region.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    "Conventional moral codes" vary quite a bit from culture to culture. I think many people try to find those shared values or understandings. (Speaking the same language helps. ;p)

I don't understand the assumption that infjs wouldn't want a solidified code. Societies have been managed by basic moral codes for centuries. Part of culture formation and nation building includes a set of laws or ideas that govern the country/region.
    I think it comes down to them having a tendency to see "events" from a completely individual and separate standpoint, when referenced to other events. Each situations requires, and deserves, a unique moral interpretation and contemplation for the outcome to be "fair." I don't think INFJs do black and white, it's more shades of the entire color spectrum.