User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

I came in to relate these variations to Enneagram type variations in the INFJ type, but I see that it's already been covered extensively above. I'd say there's three distinct types for sure, based on the E4s, the E1s, and the E9s. I know one of each IRL and they're all quite different from each other but all tested solidly as INFJ.

The E4 corresponds to the quirky, artistic, moody INFJ, the E1 to the idealistic, driven (Ghandi) type, and the E9 seems to be more like the E1 type with out all the hyper-J drive, and the E4s emotional angst; almost INFP-ish.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    I came in to relate these variations to Enneagram type variations in the INFJ type, but I see that it's already been covered extensively above. I'd say there's three distinct types for sure, based on the E4s, the E1s, and the E9s. I know one of each IRL and they're all quite different from each other but all tested solidly as INFJ.

The E4 corresponds to the quirky, artistic, moody INFJ, the E1 to the idealistic, driven (Ghandi) type, and the E9 seems to be more like the E1 type with out all the hyper-J drive, and the E4s emotional angst; almost INFP-ish.
    Yep, I thought I was an INFP for awhile.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yeah, I'm somewhere between the 1 and 9, and call myself 1w9 rather than 9w1 just because on those tests I always score higher on the 1 - and outside of career, which is my achilles heel, 1 is probably my higher motivation than 9.

I do think the enneagram is a good 2nd filter for distinguishing between INFJ's - as others have said, the different enneagrams can result in very different-looking INFJ's.

I also kind of like nightning's take as well -- i.e. those INFJ's who have very high, very noticeable Fe (she called them InFJ's, but I almost view them as iNFJ's), those where Ti plays a large role (INfJ), those where formal Fe takes more of the backseat, with Fi bumped up (INFj).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I'm an interesting INFJ...I have a counselor friend who's constantly trying to retype me, and always coming back around to INFJ for me.

I think I owe a lot of my quirks to my idealism and upbringing. In my family, being a performer was the holy grail of parental approval, so I learned to switch into "performer" mode when in social situations. i can recall so many instances being pushed onto a stage or thrust into the middle of a crowded room and being commanded to do some silly impressive thing. To protect myself, I made a nice mask. Being that I was naturally intuitive, it was easy enough to do it and still hide the real me.

It became such a habit, I still have a very Enfp persona that I whip out in awkward situations with people I'm not close to. I can be quite the charming social butterfly when I want to, and as result, I often pick up people who are just sure we're bestest best friends from only a few meetings, and I end up horrified. They're attached to someone who doesn't really exist.

With my real friends, I talk slowly, gesticulate deliberately, and actually self-disclose about things that I've already thought through. I have mayyyybe 4-5 people in the world that I'll do that with.

I waffle between 7 and 2. Funny, innit? Somewhere along the way, I encoded into my value set that in order to constantly grow, a person must stretch themselves and seek out new experiences. I enjoy creative pursuits, and after force feeding myself new experiences on principle for a while, it's become a habit that I enjoy. I love being a student of humanity, and learning about new experiences and points of view that could inform my insight.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I'm an interesting INFJ...I have a counselor friend who's constantly trying to retype me, and always coming back around to INFJ for me.

I think I owe a lot of my quirks to my idealism and upbringing. In my family, being a performer was the holy grail of parental approval, so I learned to switch into "performer" mode when in social situations. i can recall so many instances being pushed onto a stage or thrust into the middle of a crowded room and being commanded to do some silly impressive thing. To protect myself, I made a nice mask. Being that I was naturally intuitive, it was easy enough to do it and still hide the real me.

It became such a habit, I still have a very Enfp persona that I whip out in awkward situations with people I'm not close to. I can be quite the charming social butterfly when I want to, and as result, I often pick up people who are just sure we're bestest best friends from only a few meetings, and I end up horrified. They're attached to someone who doesn't really exist.

With my real friends, I talk slowly, gesticulate deliberately, and actually self-disclose about things that I've already thought through. I have mayyyybe 4-5 people in the world that I'll do that with.

I waffle between 7 and 2. Funny, innit? Somewhere along the way, I encoded into my value set that in order to constantly grow, a person must stretch themselves and seek out new experiences. I enjoy creative pursuits, and after force feeding myself new experiences on principle for a while, it's become a habit that I enjoy. I love being a student of humanity, and learning about new experiences and points of view that could inform my insight.
    Actually one of my best friends is an INFJ who may be similar to you. She would be typed as an extrovert by pretty much everyone, hands down, and when she was seeing a counselor, the counselor had the same reaction pretty much everyone else does - 'Really? An INFJ? Huh.'

Needless to say people would not type us the same, as we can come across so differently externally. But internally we have pretty much the same thoughts, and can finish each others sentences. (And she considers herself a definite introvert.) She would be more the iNFJ, with me the INfJ -- if we're comparing each other.

I, as well as she, attribute it to her upbringing. She was raised Jehovah's Witness (and since broke out of it), and in that culture you pretty much MUST train yourself to be extroverted - I mean, the entire system is built on talking to others, socializing, trying to 'convert' others, etc. Contrast that with my upbringing....I was major-introvert, never out in the public arena so to speak....and we end up being remarkably different in how we carry ourselves and our social abilities.

Although, she isn't like you in the sense that even with her close friends, she talks rapidly and can talk my ear off. :-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

It looks like we all converge on three "main" forms regardless of whether you look at it from the enneagram or cognitive functions perspective.

Type 4 INFp (Ni + Fi + Fe)

Type 1,9 iNFJ (Ni + Fe)

Type 5w4, 4w5 INfJ (Ni + Ti + Fe)

Which form do you identify the most with? I'm the last one INfJ
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Phantonym

I guess I could identify myself with Type 4 INFp (Ni + Fi + Fe). I'm an En Type 4 down to a T. The function order is still troublesome for me to grasp, so I couldn't swear on this one for me.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    It looks like we all converge on three "main" forms regardless of whether you look at it from the enneagram or cognitive functions perspective.

Type 1,9 iNFJ (Ni + Fe)

lol....depends on the situation and my mood!! haha. Funny enough, I consider myself to have a decent understanding/usage of Fi, but when it comes to enneagram, I don't relate much to type 4 except when I'm depressed/unhealthy. Maybe that means I in fact *don't* use Fi much. Ha!!

1,5, and 9 are the strongest for me. Actually I identify a lot with Ti, but don't know that 5 is where I reside (as I mentioned in my previous post). Hence, 1/9 it is.

MBTI
    XNFJ

Type 1,9 iNFJ (Ni + Fe)

I think we may need a 4th type in there - I'm another of the type 2E. INFJ's who appears very outgoing at first, I like novelty, and etc.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Type 1,9 iNFJ (Ni + Fe)

I relate to both the first and last (though I don't have weak J).

Quote Originally Posted by amelie View Post
    I think we may need a 4th type in there - I'm another of the type 2E. INFJ's who appears very outgoing at first, I like novelty, and etc.
    And a 5th. That combines the first and last.

Interesting that there are type 2 INFJs. I don't believe I know any. I'll have to think about that for a while. Are you sure you're not 4 sx?