• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ's - long, flat hair?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i used to have a mop. now it's a little more school boy.

my intj has shortish hair, looks like an anime cut. if we used a LITTLE more Se, Ni doms would be the style kings and queens. turn that shit into science.

let the Ne's have their naturally fuzzy unfocused feng shui and its effortless ease! :D

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
You may be right that some personality types tend to go for low maintenance hair, which for some may result in long and flat. In my case, mine has not seen a comb in years, mostly due to it turning into frizz (much like it was in the early 90s before good curly hair products). It's true that I just put gel in it and go, or put part of it up, but because it's curly, it looks like I put some more effort into it than that.

I wonder if there are any personality type trends as far as use/non-use of makeup and style of dress. I think it's pretty individual, although perhaps the emphasis placed on some things may emphasize or de-emphasize interest in either experimentation or time spent...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
If your assessment is correct... then I'm an anomaly. My hair is quite stiff and so it normally doesn't lay flat... but curl a slight bit. It's kept medium length because I don't have the time to deal with long hair... and short cuts require visit to the hair salon too frequently.

Of course, I really don't think there is any correlations between type and hair style. Judging from the response here... I think you need to revise your theory.

Usehername

On a mission
If your assessment is correct... then I'm an anomaly. My hair is quite stiff and so it normally doesn't lay flat... but curl a slight bit. It's kept medium length because I don't have the time to deal with long hair... and short cuts require visit to the hair salon too frequently.

Of course, I really don't think there is any correlations between type and hair style. Judging from the response here... I think you need to revise your theory.

I think it's about low-maintenance. For me, long hair (bewb length) is the most low-maintenance, because my thick and wavy hair has so much volume that if it didn't have the weight of long hair it'd poof into a difficult force to reckon with.

(Though I should add that my IRL known INFJ has long, straight, dirty-blond hair.)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
consistently not ugly + low maintenance = sounds about right

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
What's up with the INFJ hair style?
It seems like most INFJ's have long, straight, flat hair.
It's very flat on top.
What's up with that?
Why do most of you have hair like that?
Also you seem rather depressed or in a very subdued, down mood all the time.
Are you actually depressed?

Certain types prefer certain style. A lot of INTPs have that Stanley Kubrick, bordering on a homeless person hairstyle. And a lot of middle aged STJ women have that "short, practical" haircut (I.e. helmet-hair)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Certain types prefer certain style. A lot of INTPs have that Stanley Kubrick, bordering on a homeless person hairstyle. And a lot of middle aged STJ women have that "short, practical" haircut (I.e. helmet-hair)

:rofl1:

This thread is made of lolz.

V

violaine

It's very flat on top.
What's up with that?

I think I fit this atm, lol. I have had all kinds of haircuts, I was a big fan of the razor sharp bob and then I had really short, almost shaved to the head hair for a little while. Lately all I really do is gets bangs in the winter. My hair is black but the underside is bleached to red though. *shrug*

I am reserved in real life until I get to know people I really like, then I come alive. It's from being up in my own head and only coming out to play if I spark with someone.

Lol, I call a friend's Mom helmet for just this reason. Her hair is hurricane proof! She's SFJ though.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
My hair was long, straight and flat back in high school when I was still an INFP.

Then I cut it and realized how stupid it was to have hair down my back for so many years, man it's inconvenient. I do have pretty flat hair in general though... flyaway hair plus living in a place that's almost 100% humidity all year doesn't help. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This all ties in with the fact that all INFJs must like Mountain Dew.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
It's very flat on top.
What's up with that?

This is silly.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
INFJs obsessively love to comb their hair, maybe that's why they like it long.

I'm guilty... Partially because my whispy hair never stays in one place for very long. Every time I'm in the bathroom I comb my hair back to position.

And I'm guessing this thread is about female hair. Which mine is not :D

And hairstyles that have too much vertical (Basically all 80s hairstyles I've seen) bug me: "WTF are they hiding in there?"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am always voting for long hair for my infj but she says she doesnt want to look like a sunflower child who loves horses :D

And given the additional fact that horse is her favourite meal I believe her :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My hair looks like the hair in my avatar, except it's redder. Even when it's straightened, it looks like 80's hair. Which this month's Vogue says is coming back, btw. I can only hope.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
That sounds like awesome hair. We should start a thread somewhere on recommended curly hair products. I'm always looking...

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
It's very flat on top.
What's up with that?

Big fluffy, nappy, afro hair. Not every INFJ is white.

secondhandsight

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
Longish and flat FTW! - keeps me away
from the hairdresser/saves time in the
mournings. Wouldn't be suprised if
'unkempt' defined the INFJ look ;)

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I have straight, fine, short hair. Styled something like Jen's new do. :)hi: Jen) I hate Mountain Dew, :cheese: and I hope 80's hair never comes back in style, cause I can't get mine to look that way no matter what I do.