User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Te can be very soothing?

Ok, so unless I have this wrong, Te is expressed by organising things into categories to maximise efficiency, making chore rosters? planning budgets? stuff like that?

Whenever I get really depressed, I find myself naturally falling back onto heavy use of Te to get through that day. I find it soothing to shut down my primary functions and lose myself in organising my life into categories, creating my weekly menu's and shopping lists, matching that to my budget.

My walls begin to look like some control freaks wall, with exact times for each chore to be done, for each person to do their share (because it's up on the wall you know lol) to speed up the process with minimal interruptions.

I don't want to exercise my Ne in a fantasy related way, I don't want to filter anything through my Fi because it's preoccupied with something else and isn;t thinking clearly.

Infact I won't be able to handle any emotional stress until after my day or two of heavy Te usage. Even my sleep has a time set for it, including the amount of hours I can afford to waste sleeping in relation to the other tasks I need to get done.

I am like a robot, I am not communicative except to point out if there is something you need to be doing to be doing your fair share, but that's it.

In a few days I am myself again, I slip back into my chaotic lifestyle and I feel refreshed.

Do any other NFP's find they need to do this sometimes to clear the cobwebs out?

Also, is this an example of stress and the shadow type coming out to play?

EDIT: and actually, was I even right about this being how Te is expressed?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Plz teach me how to do this
    I just go on a Ne-rampage when my Fi is busy. If it's Ne that's overloaded, I'll revert to Fi, doing self-reflection
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    GONE

Wha?

For a second I thought you meant Te was soothing to other people I was gonna say, hell no! LOL.

But soothe yourself?

Sure...I know when I organize events or even just make lists I feel better. I get perverse pleasure out of neatly stacking and ordering books or folding laundry. Have no idea if that is necessarily Te but the whole feeling in control and directly organizing the environment or what not, yes, it makes me feel better. Bringing order to chaos! You put the locus of control back on yourself and effect change...and all that...I like debating even, it puts me in a better mood.

Berber, just wondering but when did you figure out you were ENFP and not INFP?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Yes, I do this all the time. Especially in 'stressful' times like before a project is due, studying, or big problems.

I find it a great source of comfort. It feels as though I am 'taking control of my life.' Otherwise, things start spinning out of control. I even made a video blog about this, which if you allow me to post, will allow you to see my perspective about this.

[YOUTUBE="FVSRNNH59u4"]Tertiary Te FTW[/YOUTUBE]
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Plz teach me how to do this
    I just go on a Ne-rampage when my Fi is busy. If it's Ne that's overloaded, I'll revert to Fi, doing self-reflection
    Haha wish I could teach you, I never used to do this as much, but late 20's up til now it's become more pronounced.

Everything else just shuts down and I lose myself in the comfort of taking control.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Wha?

For a second I thought you meant Te was soothing to other people I was gonna say, hell no! LOL.

But soothe yourself?

Sure...I know when I organize events or even just make lists I feel better. I get perverse pleasure out of neatly stacking and ordering books or folding laundry. Have no idea if that is necessarily Te but the whole feeling in control and directly organizing the environment or what not, yes, it makes me feel better. Bringing order to chaos! You put the locus of control back on yourself and effect change...and all that...I like debating even, it puts me in a better mood.
    It doesn't really matter how hard I try, I can never make order out of the chaos that is my mind, but I can do it outside of myself.

Berber, just wondering but when did you figure out you were ENFP and not INFP?
    I'm still not 100% actually, LadyX suggested I look at it for a type for me since she felt an enfp vibe from me, so I did an enneagram test, and the cognitive functions test, which was Ne/Fi instead of Fi/Ne.

I think I am an extrovert with social anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Yes, I do this all the time. Especially in 'stressful' times like before a project is due, studying, or big problems.

I find it a great source of comfort. It feels as though I am 'taking control of my life.' Otherwise, things start spinning out of control. I even made a video blog about this, which if you allow me to post, will allow you to see my perspective about this.

[YOUTUBE="FVSRNNH59u4"]Tertiary Te FTW[/YOUTUBE]
    Haha that was awesome, this is exactly what it's like for me. Everything else shuts down, and getting things done, being efficient is all the really matters.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

If I do try to do that, I tend to feel guilty for doing 'mundane' things instead of figuring out the problem
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    If I do try to do that, I tend to feel guilty for doing 'mundane' things instead of figuring out the problem
    Oh, believe me, I don't do any of this until far too much time has passed in which I still haven't been able to figure out the problem.

Also, once it's all done, and I go back to being crazy again, I can do it without guilt because I managed to get a few important things done.

I actually feel more guilt for not doing the mundane things more often. I feel guilty for being absorbed up there ^^^ in the clouds, rather than down here in the real world.

Using Te, helps get rid of the guilt.

Maybe this is what blackcat meant when he spoke of actually being aware of and making use of Te as a means to improve your life. The penny drops finally lol.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

If you like the Functions-Order theory, they say the 3rd function *is* usually used as a source of relaxation. And as you said, in its own way, using Te could feel "soothing"...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Ok, so unless I have this wrong, Te is expressed by organising things into categories to maximise efficiency, making chore rosters? planning budgets? stuff like that?

Whenever I get really depressed, I find myself naturally falling back onto heavy use of Te to get through that day. I find it soothing to shut down my primary functions and lose myself in organising my life into categories, creating my weekly menu's and shopping lists, matching that to my budget.

My walls begin to look like some control freaks wall, with exact times for each chore to be done, for each person to do their share (because it's up on the wall you know lol) to speed up the process with minimal interruptions.

I don't want to exercise my Ne in a fantasy related way, I don't want to filter anything through my Fi because it's preoccupied with something else and isn;t thinking clearly.

Infact I won't be able to handle any emotional stress until after my day or two of heavy Te usage. Even my sleep has a time set for it, including the amount of hours I can afford to waste sleeping in relation to the other tasks I need to get done.

I am like a robot, I am not communicative except to point out if there is something you need to be doing to be doing your fair share, but that's it.

In a few days I am myself again, I slip back into my chaotic lifestyle and I feel refreshed.

Do any other NFP's find they need to do this sometimes to clear the cobwebs out?

ya...i do that...especially when im stressed and want to avoid people's pity....i turn intj

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post

Te for you as ENFP is your Tertiary "relief" (At least this is what I understand it as) and the 3rd position is a more "childlike" function, your Te as such would be less "heavy" than mine as INFP?

So in me, heavy exclusive use of Te would be a sign of being stressed to the max and not so relaxing.