• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Te can be very soothing?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I had that! My life would be better if I took any pleasure at organizing things and making lists, etc. Every once in a huge while I do that -- and then I lose the list.

If I'm stressed, I want something that feels good, like massage, food, sex, sleep.

:yes:

Way more my kind of destressing unfortunately :doh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being exposed to Te is indeed nice. And using it feels nice as well, even though it isn't my relief.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP
... quick question ...

Someone said Te is hell for other people, why is that?
I thought I read that people who use Te can organize people well
check out the tertiary Te thread that amar started a bit ago in the NF land.

Te isnt really very nice at all to others as it is about accomplishing tasks, items, things, not about cuddling and emo connections.

But aren't both T's void of feeling and emotions?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh...that's te! that makes sense...i get that.. i totally do that and it makes me feel better yeah...intetresting

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok, so unless I have this wrong, Te is expressed by organising things into categories to maximise efficiency, making chore rosters? planning budgets? stuff like that?

Whenever I get really depressed, I find myself naturally falling back onto heavy use of Te to get through that day. I find it soothing to shut down my primary functions and lose myself in organising my life into categories, creating my weekly menu's and shopping lists, matching that to my budget.

My walls begin to look like some control freaks wall, with exact times for each chore to be done, for each person to do their share (because it's up on the wall you know lol) to speed up the process with minimal interruptions.

I don't want to exercise my Ne in a fantasy related way, I don't want to filter anything through my Fi because it's preoccupied with something else and isn;t thinking clearly.

Infact I won't be able to handle any emotional stress until after my day or two of heavy Te usage. Even my sleep has a time set for it, including the amount of hours I can afford to waste sleeping in relation to the other tasks I need to get done.

I am like a robot, I am not communicative except to point out if there is something you need to be doing to be doing your fair share, but that's it.

In a few days I am myself again, I slip back into my chaotic lifestyle and I feel refreshed.

Do any other NFP's find they need to do this sometimes to clear the cobwebs out?

Also, is this an example of stress and the shadow type coming out to play?

EDIT: and actually, was I even right about this being how Te is expressed?

I do this all the time under stress, or when I know something absolutely must get done. Most people in my professional and even my academic life have believed me to be an ENTJ. Apparently I can come off as very adminstrative, controlled, put-together and prepared. Bahahaha!!!:yim_rolling_on_the_

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Amen, so whats next ?

I wanna become a monk :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Te is a good way to forget myself when I'm going through depression or stress. Sometimes when I'm overwhelmed by circumstances or feelings, Te is actually the best thing to give me a break from it so I don't get stuck in the stupid Fi/Si loop.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
... quick question ...

Someone said Te is hell for other people, why is that?
I thought I read that people who use Te can organize people well

:yim_rolling_on_the_

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Oh. wait. you aren't joking? you don't see how it could be hell for other people to *be* organized? There's actually very little that I hate more than being a victim of someone's overzealous Te!!!

When I use my Te in a "soothing" sense, it usually just means doing some kind of arranging or cleaning or list making, which is not something I'm into doing every day. It's my fourth function, so it isn't very strong in me, and I don't get off on organizing others. Or being organized. :eek:

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Oh. wait. you aren't joking? you don't see how it could be hell for other people to *be* organized? There's actually very little that I hate more than being a victim of someone's overzealous Te!!!

I meant more in a management way. I think that if people were going to be lead by someone, wouldn't it be best to be lead by someone who can organize, set goals, and create procedures? I like to be a leader but sometimes when I am in a follower role, I absolutely hate being lead by someone who doesn't have it sorted out and organized....