User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: new age people?

MBTI
    INTJ

Default new age people?

Are the NF's the ones who are the most into the new age movement?
    Things like chakras, channeling, paranormal, spiritual, meditation, crystals, ufo's, mysteries, ghosts, ESP, astrology, tarot, palmistry, etc.?
    Which type is the most new age?
    Is it ENFP or INFP or?
    Do you own a tie dye shirt?
    Do you have any crystals?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Well..

Yes and No.

I'm not apart of any movement. I do what my heart gets me into.

I am very spiritual. Not religious, but Spiritual.

I don't like chakras, channeling, crystals, ghosts, astrology, tarot, or palmistry. It's a bunch of voodoo rubbish imo.

I do meditate on occasion, not for the calming, but for the union of my soul with something greater.

ESP is an interesting subject and I've read a bit of dream books upon the subject and do believe it exists.

I think it's a trend and a movement and I don't like that. I do what I like others don't influence me one bit. I strive for something greater, transcending bliss.

I have two tie dye shirts, but I have made both.

I don't own any crystals.

Have you heard of Unity? It's a new age spiritual teaching. Seeking universal truth. I have recently started going to the Unity Church because it believe in practical religions, as in actually being the best people we can be, and finding God in each of us instead of praising his highest holy name in an over expensive church.

But in the face of all of this, stems love. It's love-based interest. I feel that it truly can open doors for me and my soul and that a lot of it is a bit trendy and superficial, but the intent of it is relevant.

But don't stereotype me, please. I've been stereotyped here enough.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

heart on fire

I live in a multicolored volkswagon bus, tye-dye my HAIR, never shave under my pits (I braid it) and live in a group marriage with seven spiritual beings from Sirus A. I don't like Sirus B men, they smell funny and they have pudgy legs.

We all ride around to the different parking lots reading people's fortunes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Obviously not all NF's are into New Age things, but it is my understanding that most New Age adherents are NF's, just like most self-help bookd readers are NF's. In particular, I read somewhere, that female ENF's are the largest consumer of self-help books. Yoga, well-being, well-roundedness, "empowerment", all are very NF domains. I believe I read somewhere official that most New Agers are NF's, but I don't remember where.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    Are the NF's the ones who are the most into the new age movement?
    Things like chakras, channeling, paranormal, spiritual, meditation, crystals, ufo's, mysteries, ghosts, ESP, astrology, tarot, palmistry, etc.?
    Which type is the most new age?
    Is it ENFP or INFP or?
    Do you own a tie dye shirt?
    Do you have any crystals?
    I do not own a tie dye shirt, but I do have 3 hawaiian shirts!

I do not own any crystals, I've had INFJ friends who did and swore by them though.

Again, obviously, not all NF's are into things new agey.

your resident asshole

It could be possible that NF's are more inclined to be into that sort of thing. I belong to another MBTI forum and there's a bunch of New Age threads in the NF section. :P But that's really just a generalization. There are many NF's who don't do that and there are many other types that do. I find that stuff interesting also. I don't really believe in all of it, I just find the concepts interesting.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

This New Age movement, even though it's intents are meaningful, is seen as a trend and followed by a trend by people who think it's a trend. When you live your life around a trend, you've lost the meaning. You can't be so hardcore or focused on any one way or thing and so many people are.

I don't follow anything. I take the little but most meaningful aspects of a lot of things, but don't consider myself a follower of anything. It's all a mess of meaningless rubbish, the whole lot of it, and people float on the surface of trends thinking it gains them better or different social status.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    This New Age movement, even though it's intents are meaningful, is seen as a trend and followed by a trend by people who think it's a trend. When you live your life around a trend, you've lost the meaning. You can't be so hardcore or focused on any one way or thing and so many people are.

I don't follow anything. I take the little but most meaningful aspects of a lot of things, but don't consider myself a follower of anything. It's all a mess of meaningless rubbish, the whole lot of it, and people float on the surface of trends thinking it gains them better or different social status.
    :Yes:

Many of the best things for people are twisted by 'trendsetters' who want to make it 'hip.' I see things like that and cringe because they turned the idea into something entirely different. New Age isnt New Age without the spiritual adherents that follow it because their heart says so, not because some guy on TV says crystals cure cancer or or something.

I don't believe in crystals. How is a pretty rock going to help me? Meditation is more useful.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    :Yes:

Many of the best things for people are twisted by 'trendsetters' who want to make it 'hip.' I see things like that and cringe because they turned the idea into something entirely different. New Age isnt New Age without the spiritual adherents that follow it because their heart says so, not because some guy on TV says crystals cure cancer or or something.

I don't believe in crystals. How is a pretty rock going to help me? Meditation is more useful.
    Amen, my friend.

Humans and humanly objects don't cure humans on a spiritual level, theres a greater force that must be seen but isn't. That's why I have a problem with such worldly objects as crystals and tarots and all these accessories that don't do a whole lot. It should be you, your mind, your heart, and transcendence, God, a universal being (assuming you believe in one) and nothing more, nothing less.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Amen, my friend.

Humans and humanly objects don't cure humans on a spiritual level, theres a greater force that must be seen but isn't. That's why I have a problem with such worldly objects as crystals and tarots and all these accessories that don't do a whole lot. It should be you, your mind, your heart, and transcendence, God, a universal being (assuming you believe in one) and nothing more, nothing less.
    trees and bushes and grass do emit a lot of chi...and plenty of oxygen as well

But that's a taoist observation, and this thread is about "new age"