User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: new age people?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I wouldn't call what I do New Age. In fact it's a common insult in the Pagan community as it's generally associated with wannabe's and treehuggers that have lost touch with reality (though I'm pretty sure this isn't true for all of them). Yes, I'd say NFs are attracted to it, but I'd also say that since it's become a trend, I doubt they're the largest group of practitioners these days.

Yes, I own crystals and I do use them. They're one of the many tools I use in my spiritual path. I know of the chakras but haven't worked with this elaborately yet, no channeling, meditation yes, ufo's hell no, mysteries ?, ghosts no unless you count my ancestors or nature spirits, ESP no, astrology basic knowledge, no practice, tarot yes, palmistry no but on my list. Other things...yes, but I think it's best to not go into detail
    Translation: Im a new ager in denial.

I don't adhere to New Age beliefs(being a devout Catholic), but I do admit to a certain interest and curiousity about it - as well as the paranormal and occult in general. I have to admit that the real hard-core hippie types do piss me off.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The closest thing I have to anything New Age (oops, actually I do own a tie-dye shirt) is a tarot card - "The Lovers" - that my creepy stalker mailed me last month.

I guess I'm interested in learning about metaphysics, but I'm interested in learning about most things.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Basically I care only for the techniques and mechanics of it, and am not interested in some attached philosophy. Thank you for the suggestions.
    Sit still and be quiet for a long time, and it supposedly empties your head.

I can't get past the sitting still part.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    But don't stereotype me, please. I've been stereotyped here enough.
    You seem to be very afraid of this. Freaked out, so to say.
    Why do you care so much about what people think of you?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i Do tarot cards as a way to get conversation going and people to open up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    Are the NF's the ones who are the most into the new age movement?
    Things like chakras, channeling, paranormal, spiritual, meditation, crystals, ufo's, mysteries, ghosts, ESP, astrology, tarot, palmistry, etc.?
    Which type is the most new age?
    Is it ENFP or INFP or?
    Maybe...the stereotypical NF anyway. I could see other types liking this stuff.

Personally, I am religious & Christian, but not exactly "traditional". I suppose I have some "unusual" beliefs. I don't like to discuss it online though.

I don't practice anything to do with magic and am not into "mystical" stuff. I believe in spirituality though, and I love symbolism.

I really, really dislike most self-help books & avoid that section at the bookstore . I enjoy psychology, but I find a lot of self-help stuff to be too fluffy and not founded on anything very "legitimate". Cognitive behavioral therapy is something I can get on board with, when it's not packaged as some goofy self-help system. I admit that advice from those books often clash with my personal values and I just end up perturbed.

Do you own a tie dye shirt?
    I own a maxi dress that has a subtle tye dye print . It's not that hippy looking though. I tend to prefer an elegant bohemian look when I go that route. Hippies are too...dirty! Probably from all that tree-hugging

I admit some of my ideals sound disturbingly "happy hippy" when I say them outloud.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Wooty for NA!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Translation: Im a new ager in denial.

I don't adhere to New Age beliefs(being a devout Catholic), but I do admit to a certain interest and curiousity about it - as well as the paranormal and occult in general. I have to admit that the real hard-core hippie types do piss me off.
    Then this will really piss you off.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LANwIgpha7k"]Age of Aquarius[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    You seem to be very afraid of this. Freaked out, so to say.
    Why do you care so much about what people think of you?
    People judge and shy away.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    Are the NF's the ones who are the most into the new age movement?
    Things like chakras, channeling, paranormal, spiritual, meditation, crystals, ufo's, mysteries, ghosts, ESP, astrology, tarot, palmistry, etc.?
    Which type is the most new age?
    Is it ENFP or INFP or?
    Do you own a tie dye shirt?
    Do you have any crystals?
    As a percentage of their type, I would guess INFJs would top the list in being interested in these types of things.