User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have very little drama in my life, but I do attract weirdos (the bad kind) and people who want to take advantage of me (particularly in business dealings). I'm much better at smelling out their BS than they expect, which is probably why the drama is kept to a minimum. But yeah, the weirdos love me.... and I guess I also look like someone who would want to buy swampland in Florida. Weeding them out is tiring enough...I can't imagine if I fell for it...or really, I can imagine it because I have been the victim of my own idealistic naiveté, but it's not very often.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I have very little drama in my life, but I do attract weirdos
    I'm the opposite. I feel like my life is an absurd black comedy (slow paced, though, but dramatic) or something, but I don't seem to attract weirdos that much.

Thus my study of deviance! What helped me the most was learning the difference between positive and negative deviance. Learning its function in society. Studying sociology helped me more than any psychology class could have on this one. I began to see how to clearly identify trouble before I had a hunch and I was in the middle of a situation.
    "We ascribe beauty to that which is simple; which has no superfluous parts; which exactly answers its end; which stands related to all things; which is the mean of many extremes." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFP

I know when I was 17/18 I'd often get women in their 30s and 40s making unaccountable conversation with me in bars. I thought it was just because they were being friendly and I looked safe, then my friends would tell me later than they were hitting on me fairly blatantly. So either I was too naive to spot the come-ons or too naive to realize my friends were pulling my leg.

I know that when I walk down the street I seem to be the person inevitably singled out by people looking for donations. Oxfam, Wilderness Society, Guy Just Needing $2 To Catch A Bus Home Coz His Wallet Got Stolen. Must be the hair.

Not the same thing as the OP though. Genuine weirdos seem to gravitate to women, I've noticed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Sorta.

ESFPs also attract trouble, and ENFPS too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Yeah, I lure weird people like the light lures moscitos. Many people I or no one wants to be around with somehow come to me. Though, if I really don't want to be with such a person, they seem to realize it after some time.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Interesting thread...

I'm currently writing a thesis on the ins and outs of corrupting INFP's :P

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Now why doesn't that surprise me? ENTJs scare the crap out of me.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I know that when I walk down the street I seem to be the person inevitably singled out by people looking for donations. Oxfam, Wilderness Society, Guy Just Needing $2 To Catch A Bus Home Coz His Wallet Got Stolen. Must be the hair.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I think it's the eyes. Whenever I make eye-contact with ppl from the charities, they just seem to know that I'm too soft-hearted to just ignore them and walk away.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell