User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    I attract odd people too. Not even interesting odd people, just stalkers on my campus. I can't escape them! They follow me everywhere, popping out of random buildings, even when I ignore them and walk quickly away. They chase me, grab me, their attentions border on molestation. These are just people without boundaries, and they annoy the crap outta me. Can't they take a bloody hint? If being ignored doesn't send signals, there must be something terribly wrong with them. It's not that most of them are bad people or anything, they just don't seem to understand how to interact properly with other people. I feel too bad to just tell them off because they are genuinely nice, and I don't think they'd do anything to hurt me, well except for that one guy but persistence isn't going to win me over if that's what they are thinking. I attract the attention of "normal" people as well, but my aloofness tends to make them keep their distance, which I don't mind at all. Of course I have a couple of friends I have found here who I can just feel comfortable with, and a couple of interesting contacts that I converse with regularly, so I do seem to attract a balanced variety of people. Still, why can't these other creepy people go away?
    Tazers come in a variety of stylish colors now, y'know.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Right now when your goal is to be really nice to everyone and all the stuff that gets wrapped into that like "not imposing" you really quiet your own ego - and you are signalling to the world that you are a grand Receptor/Receiver and don't take this the wrong way, but 'passive' - and the only people who will go out of their way to seek you out will be kooky and troubled ones because you're the only one who will give them the attention they want and they can encroach on you.

Once you become more about yourself, taking a stand, asserting who you are - you will give out a clearer signal of who you are then more 'normal' people will be attracted to you because they see you, not your desire to not hurt others.
    With respect to you and your opinion, CzeCze, INFP's being attracted to/attracting strange or unhealthy people does not automatically mean we have trouble attracting normal people. The OP may just be in a time of her life where she hasn't come across a mutual attraction with the kinds of guys she wants, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's doing something wrong to keep normal guys from being attracted to her. Plenty of us, of any type, have gone through seasons where it felt like nobody was interested or we just couldn't find that right fit with a person. On top of that, INFP's can be difficult to get to know, and it takes a really special person to earn our trust and see all the attractive inner stuff going on.

The caring, or at least, open-minded way that INFP's typically operate can be very attractive to certain types of people, and I've seen it happen. I don't think it automatically repels everyone normal. Plenty of normal people appreciate it, even if they can see room for growth and improvement. I agree that it's important for us to be assertive, set boundaries, and take care of our own needs above all, but as long as we try to practice these things, I see nothing negative with an initial goal of being nice and accommodating to others.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    [/B]

This is so very true. I once met a man on the bus who became infatuated with my earlobes and wanted to sketch them. So many bizarre incidences
    HAHA! I think it's hilarious to hear the strange encounters INFP's have had with random individuals. Just reading this thread jogs my memory and I start laughing when I think of all the weird situations that have taken place in my own life.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My dad plays in bars with his band, and I'm a roadie. But I don't really do anything while they are playing... so I just kinda sit there.

I remember one night I met this woman that looked very new agey, was about 40 something and I was 14. We talked up a storm, she was a fun lady. She was definitely eccentric, and she felt odd for talking to me in such an intelligent way (since I was 14). I thought that that was funny.

I've also met some creepy people in those bars. But I always seem to put people at ease around me, so I never had any issues. What I mean by this are people that look like crooks or like they're on something. I played pool with a guy who did it for money, but I did it just casually. He was also a strange character, he had many stories to tell about the people he had played, and how one guy played him for 1000 dollars and he won. The guy almost got stabbed for winning... but thankfully got out of that (he then showed me that he always kept a can of mace on him). And keep in mind I'm ~14. This was a very large black guy (as in muscles) that looked kinda sleezy, but at the end of the pool game (which I got whooped at) the guy shook my hand and said "nice talking to you."

I've met more people outside of bars that are eccentric or strange, but these were some of the better examples.

So I do meet some interesting people (while not being INFP), and I think it may be the Fi putting people at ease around us.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

the big Fi and the Ne makes it so that you can connect others feeling states to your own, it can jog your memory and you can find the right pattern really fucking well. people know that even if you do not want to give them anything, you recognize in a feeling way, how it feels to them, the holism of their feeling judgments, the yes and nos, what hurts and what feels good and the pattern that maps out why why why. sometimes you are wearing a sign that says "free empathy" and you don't even know it. especially the infps that give people the squeezing eye hug. emotionally poor people can't get enough of that, especially when it's free.

these weirdos are often in the fit of an emotional problem or conflict. whatever type they are, they are going to you bc you are the feeling kings and queens. you may not have it sorted out yourself, but you are the experts and are usually much much better at helping others than yourselves.

people go to intps for similar reasons, help getting shit in order, like tech support, what causal relationships they keep skipping over when they troubleshoot, trying to figure out what keeps breaking down. both inp types are very good at brainstorming and suggesting new possibilities (Ne!).

in a social sense, both inp types are like integrity checkers, they can find the conflict very well and have enough compiled wisdom in their judgment to help alleviate it in and smooth it out in many ways. mended and ready to go again. with that said, some are more focused on others/the world and some are more focused on self-expression, depending on enneagram type.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Yeah, I can see why, as I am an ENFP, and the same thing happens to me.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

I don't think anyone has pointed out that some INFPs are unusual people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

lawl infps ftw

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Just another ISTJ View Post
    I don't think anyone has pointed out that some INFPs are unusual people.
    Nothing wrong with unusual in itself though. As stated in the OP, we're specifically discussing "bad" unusual. These "unusual" people are not simply charmingly offbeat....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    sometimes you are wearing a sign that says "free empathy" and you don't even know it. especially the infps that give people the squeezing eye hug.
    LOL! The "squeezing eye hug." That needs its own emoticon.

How about this? Or this one?

Ooh! ++

people go to intps for similar reasons, help getting shit in order, like tech support, what causal relationships they keep skipping over when they troubleshoot, trying to figure out what keeps breaking down. both inp types are very good at brainstorming and suggesting new possibilities (Ne!).
    Hadn't thought of it that way. This gives me a fresh perspective to understand the NT types. Thanks!