User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP

It's possible if you don't know the difference.

ESFPs and ENFJs are both fun and outgoing people.

The difference is that ESFPs tend to be like Dory from Finding Nemo. Impulsive and freespirited, yet at the same time funny and outgoing, with a knack for dominating the spotlight crowning it all. She even shows how ESFPs will try to help someone:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA"]"Just Keep Swimming! Just Keep Swimming!"[/YOUTUBE]

ENFJs tend to be more like Andy Griffith, who knew exactly what to say and what to do to get a person to warm up to him. He resolved most situations in The Andy Griffith Show using that talent. See video.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplK2E0_HEM&feature=related"]Andy and the Town Stranger[/YOUTUBE]

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    If I as an ENFJ, don't like what you have to say I just ignore you or the comment or avoid you or whatever. I don't need you mucking up my view of the world.

Yeah this is true, no offense but I think ENFJs tend to be more arrogant in that manner. That said, ENFJs tend to shut down when they are criticized directly, or get angry about it, where I think ESFPs keep a more open mind to constructive criticism.

Again, I am not trying to insult either type, just posting my experience.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENFJs are the teacher, the pedagogue. They're into gentle guidance. You generally won't find ESFPs trying to guide other people, unless it's leading people by charm and humor.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    ENFJs are the teacher, the pedagogue. They're into gentle guidance. You generally won't find ESFPs trying to guide other people, unless it's leading people by charm and humor.
    That's a good point, ENFJs are always trying to help and guide people (even when they don't want to be guided). I also think ESFPs are more direct with their communication vs. ENFJs. ENFJ usually has a purpose behind their words, while ESFP says more what is on their mind. I think that is also a big EJ vs EP difference.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    That's a good point, ENFJs are always trying to help and guide people (even when they don't want to be guided). I also think ESFPs are more direct with their communication vs. ENFJs. ENFJ usually has a purpose behind their words, while ESFP says more what is on their mind. I think that is also a big EJ vs EP difference.