First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberrylover View Post
    What's underlying the cause of this separation anxiety? Are you having a hard time trusting that people will come back? Is there something you can change about your situation so you don't feel this way?

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with using your T. INFPs seem to be great at logic and debate. Have you tried using your T to sift through the anxiety and figure out which emotions are true and based in reality and which ones just haunt you without any real benefits?
    Yes I think fear of being forgotten is probably the biggest underlying concern that I have. On top of that my fear of trusting others prematurely. I was thinking I should try to be a bit more open and feely with people as opposed to being so closed and cold...

I don't mind using my T, and I think its fairly well developed but I definitely enjoy emotion more then cold logical thought. I think I've spent maybe too much time trying to analyze my emotions logically rather then deal with them emotionally. Maybe that could be causing my confusion.

Is that really what you think an NT is? Really?
    INTP? Yes...
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, NT-ness isn't simply lack of overt F.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by r0wo1 View Post
    Yes I think fear of being forgotten is probably the biggest underlying concern that I have. On top of that my fear of trusting others prematurely. I was thinking I should try to be a bit more open and feely with people as opposed to being so closed and cold...
    I'm not sure what you mean by open and feely, but I don't think you should do things that are completely unnatural to you. Like if you're feeling a lot of anxiety but you try to put up a facade that you're happy go lucky, people will still sense that underlying tension and it may wind up sending you the wrong information about who to trust.

I will say, based on the INFP friends I've had, that if you have an ENFP friend (like moi! ), you can trust them with your feelings. We seem flighty but when a friend is in need, we are THERE. When I've bumped heads with INFPs, it's been because they weren't true to themselves or because they held back their feelings and I felt like I was the only one opening up.

I think I've spent maybe too much time trying to analyze my emotions logically rather then deal with them emotionally. Maybe that could be causing my confusion.
    Yup, could be...

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by r0wo1 View Post

INTP? Yes...
    Yeah, you can rest assured you are not turning into an NT or you would have thought this one out better. Mystery solved.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

More like lack of hygene
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I tested NT several times in the past and even SJ once when I was 18 and my shadow was out to play (ISTJ).

When I was in college, I took the test about 20 times and consistently received INTX, usually INTJ.

However, I am NOT NT. I think certain aspects of our personalities are more apparent at certain phases of our lives under certain circumstances. However, that does not change our CORE selves. Does that make sense?

So being in an academic environment can make you seem more NT because your NiTe or your NeTe or your TiNe or your TeNi or TeNe or TiNi comes out to play. That often happens. Or if you are forced in a position where you have to have a 'grab the bull by the horns' perspective. Sometimes certain jobs help us to develop certain traits that are not normally strong (like Fe for me and teaching). However, that does NOT change your core self.

No worries.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

At least in the army I would stick to my core self and go for Private Paula

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    At least in the army I would stick to my core self and go for Private Paula
    You ladies' man!!!!!!!!! Bad, bad Ne untempered by Ti and Fe. Tsk, tsk!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Grand Ouvert Fe without 4 Jacks (please)

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Grand Ouvert Fe without 4 Jacks (please)
    hahaha You ARE bad.