• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] How to Soothe an Unhappy INFP

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I think you're a sweet friend, Amelie, for caring this much, and that this issue is the INFP's fault. Sometimes our Fi gets us selfish, and in less mature people's cases, it gets this "I am so upset I don't want to let this go" mentality. She must know she's being unreasonable, inside. Because she is. You're being a good friend to her, though; it's up to her to see that and be just as good a friend to you and her bridesmaids. Till then, just be patient and do what you've been doing.

Best of luck and hugs. :hug:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I would dig deeper. More is going on here. My first guess would be a jealous reaction to the boy's party; perhaps she is thinking they will be having some cross-country "last-fling" style adventure and wants to lash back at him for this.

There's no amount of placating that can fix that type of wound, so it's not really about whether the bridesmaids support her or not. If she is insecure in her bond with this man, having an adventure with the girls won't fix that anyway.

Dig deeper. Use your NF powers! :yes:

This is not about being INFP; it's likely about being jealous and insecure. If you want to generalize based on type, what INFP would want some huge cross-country party anyway? This should have raised suspicions in the first place. :)

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's. Fucking. Impossible.

I can't make a :< infp feel better. I guess I just suck.

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the support. Ya'll are so kind. :hug:

Peacebaby, I totally agree that there is something deeper going on her and that she is kind of settling on this guy and has some unhappiness about it. I hadn't thought of her using this as backlash at him for his party, but that's very possible.

While they were dating, a couple of her friends and I tried to gently point out to her that she might want to consider whether this guy was really right for her. Her family is never pleased with whom she chooses to date, and they aren't being very supportive about her wedding (which is probably another reason she's being demanding), so I feel like at this point I just need to try and be as supportive as I can of her within my own limitations and then be happy for her. The rest, I think she has to figure out on her own.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
what INFP would want some huge cross-country party anyway? This should have raised suspicions in the first place. :)

<-
<-
<-

Oh wait, you said party not roadtrip. Hmmmmm Well, THEY can party while I look at scenery and reading interesting books! Such an INFP solution right. :cheese:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Getting married almost always results in some sort of freakish bridezilla moments. Your friend is probably going to be batshit insane until after the honeymoon. Then everything will go back to normal once the pesticides on the bouquet and wedding cake frosting is out of her system. Think of it as wedding detox.

Also once she realises that no one can really go on this trip and she'll be losing a bachelorette party altogether by insisting that this is the plan, she will probably re-evaluate.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh wait, you said party not roadtrip. Hmmmmm Well, THEY can party while I look at scenery and reading interesting books! Such an INFP solution right. :cheese:

It's not an issue of a road trip, but wanting a big party making over you where you are the center of attention and it lasts several days. Not the typical INFP desire, but hey, we are all individuals after all. :cheese: