User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Lovesickness

  1. #1
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default Lovesickness

    My fellow Intuitive Feelers..

    Do any of you ever get love sick?

    It seems like whenever I meet somebody or develop a friendship with anybody that instantly ignites the flame inside me I not only feel a rush of compassion and motivation, but a sense of unquenchable thirst, in a sense.

    Could it be a result of how deeply I (we) can feel things? That thirst that we can't tame until we get it? They dance in and out of your mind and you can't get up to join them. It's a great, but terrible, feeling.

    And all of a sudden, it's really the only thing that you focus on. Every thing melts without a single thought and it's just you and the end of the tunnel. The beautiful tunnel, with light oozing through, as if drawn to it like a mosquito.

    But there's always the thought that it could all melt away from you. You want to hold onto it as hard as you can, but know it could break in your love sick hands?

    Or do I just care to much?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Coeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I definitely experience this. In fact, I'm experiencing it right now.
    I don't think it's healthy. Maybe I do it to fulfill my need to be loved? Because I'm insecure? What do you all think?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Clonester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Yes, very much. I remember the first time I asked a girl out. I couldn't sleep before I asked her out, and after I was so thrilled to be dating her that it would be near impossible to get to sleep every time I thought of her, which was almost every night.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

  4. #4
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    i've seen a woman for roughly 15 years. Some of it is when she lived near me, some of it not. At the moment she is a long ways away. But, thanks to United, she isn't far at all. We meet up about every 2 months. And yes, it's more or less a rompfest. However, we do other things. So long as we're together, doesn't really matter what we do.

    Long ago we descided to be open. Sure, we are very much open. open relation. And yes, it does not bother either of us. She makes really good money there and i have deeply sunk roots here.

    There is a part of a song in an ancient language that translates to 'you're there and i'm here. when the moon is out, we'll both look at it. It can be in the middle' Which means 'if you and i are looking at the moon at the same time, we're together with the moon in the middle' In other words, if we're both looking at the moon, we're together just by looking at the moon at the same time no matter how far the distance.

    i'm talkin out of my ass. But know this...i've only had half a beer...so it's justified. Half a Chimay Ale to be precise
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    I definitely experience this. In fact, I'm experiencing it right now.
    I don't think it's healthy. Maybe I do it to fulfill my need to be loved? Because I'm insecure? What do you all think?
    I definitely need to be loved. And that's probably not a good thing, because we can't always be loved..and I'm talking relationship-wise.

    I always feel like I always want them more than they want me. It's not that I don't think they do want me, It's just I think that I'm always after something more serious, more deep, when a lot of people are after a shallow and social-oriented relationship. It makes me really sad.

    I just care so much that it drives me crazy. It's the best feeling in the whole world to me and it's all I ultimately and initially want. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    Yes, very much. I remember the first time I asked a girl out. I couldn't sleep before I asked her out, and after I was so thrilled to be dating her that it would be near impossible to get to sleep every time I thought of her, which was almost every night.
    Man, me too. I don't even want to sleep. The only thing that is functioning and that matters is her. And I like that.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Coeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I definitely need to be loved. And that's probably not a good thing, because we can't always be loved..and I'm talking relationship-wise.

    I always feel like I always want them more than they want me. It's not that I don't think they do want me, It's just I think that I'm always after something more serious, more deep, when a lot of people are after a shallow and social-oriented relationship. It makes me really sad.

    I just care so much that it drives me crazy. It's the best feeling in the whole world to me and it's all I ultimately and initially want. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Absolutely. I feel the most happy and alive when I am loving someone and being loved by them. I love exploring the depths of my emotion.

    However, having experienced the other end of this, I don't think that it's fair for someone demand love that is not ready to be given. Real love takes time. A person may care in a way that is not as deep or impassioned as you, but that doesn't mean that they don't care at all. This area isn't all or nothing.

    I'm not trying to be preachy, though. I'm just giving a different perspective. Believe me, I know where you're coming from.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    Absolutely. I feel the most happy and alive when I am loving someone and being loved by them.

    However, having experienced the other end of this, I don't think that it's fair for someone demand love that is not ready to be given. Real love takes time. A person may care in a way that is not as deep or impassioned as you, but that doesn't mean that they don't care at all. This area isn't all or nothing.
    Yeah. I think the problem is that I really haven't experienced a lot of it. I'm really young but the feelings still reward and haunt me. I know I'll be in many shallow relationships, but all the better, and I'll take it for what it is. But somebody I'd marry would be somebody at my level.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Coeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Yeah. I think the problem is that I really haven't experienced a lot of it. I'm really young but the feelings still reward and haunt me. I know I'll be in many shallow relationships, but all the better, and I'll take it for what it is. But somebody I'd marry would be somebody at my level.
    Completely understandable. You deserve someone who cares about you as much as you care about them. You WILL find someone who will be at your level, or reach your level over time.

    I'm very, very blessed to have several of these people in my life right now. .

    'if you and i are looking at the moon at the same time, we're together with the moon in the middle' In other words, if we're both looking at the moon, we're together just by looking at the moon at the same time no matter how far the distance.
    Very beautiful quote!

  10. #10
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    My fellow Intuitive Feelers..

    Do any of you ever get love sick?

    It seems like whenever I meet somebody or develop a friendship with anybody that instantly ignites the flame inside me I not only feel a rush of compassion and motivation, but a sense of unquenchable thirst, in a sense.

    Could it be a result of how deeply I (we) can feel things? That thirst that we can't tame until we get it? They dance in and out of your mind and you can't get up to join them. It's a great, but terrible, feeling.

    And all of a sudden, it's really the only thing that you focus on. Every thing melts without a single thought and it's just you and the end of the tunnel. The beautiful tunnel, with light oozing through, as if drawn to it like a mosquito.

    But there's always the thought that it could all melt away from you. You want to hold onto it as hard as you can, but know it could break in your love sick hands?

    Or do I just care to much?
    It's not limited to being "in-love" in a romantic way for me...I get this about people I study who have lived in the past, reading their biographies and things like that. You are exactly correct, a great but terrible feeling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO