• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Lovesickness

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My fellow Intuitive Feelers..

Do any of you ever get love sick?

It seems like whenever I meet somebody or develop a friendship with anybody that instantly ignites the flame inside me I not only feel a rush of compassion and motivation, but a sense of unquenchable thirst, in a sense.

Could it be a result of how deeply I (we) can feel things? That thirst that we can't tame until we get it? They dance in and out of your mind and you can't get up to join them. It's a great, but terrible, feeling.

And all of a sudden, it's really the only thing that you focus on. Every thing melts without a single thought and it's just you and the end of the tunnel. The beautiful tunnel, with light oozing through, as if drawn to it like a mosquito.

But there's always the thought that it could all melt away from you. You want to hold onto it as hard as you can, but know it could break in your love sick hands?

Or do I just care to much?

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I definitely experience this. In fact, I'm experiencing it right now.
I don't think it's healthy. Maybe I do it to fulfill my need to be loved? Because I'm insecure? What do you all think?

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, very much. I remember the first time I asked a girl out. I couldn't sleep before I asked her out, and after I was so thrilled to be dating her that it would be near impossible to get to sleep every time I thought of her, which was almost every night.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
i've seen a woman for roughly 15 years. Some of it is when she lived near me, some of it not. At the moment she is a long ways away. But, thanks to United, she isn't far at all. We meet up about every 2 months. And yes, it's more or less a rompfest. However, we do other things. So long as we're together, doesn't really matter what we do.

Long ago we descided to be open. Sure, we are very much open. open relation. And yes, it does not bother either of us. She makes really good money there and i have deeply sunk roots here.

There is a part of a song in an ancient language that translates to 'you're there and i'm here. when the moon is out, we'll both look at it. It can be in the middle' Which means 'if you and i are looking at the moon at the same time, we're together with the moon in the middle' In other words, if we're both looking at the moon, we're together just by looking at the moon at the same time no matter how far the distance.

i'm talkin out of my ass. But know this...i've only had half a beer...so it's justified. Half a Chimay Ale to be precise:)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I definitely experience this. In fact, I'm experiencing it right now.
I don't think it's healthy. Maybe I do it to fulfill my need to be loved? Because I'm insecure? What do you all think?

I definitely need to be loved. And that's probably not a good thing, because we can't always be loved..and I'm talking relationship-wise.

I always feel like I always want them more than they want me. It's not that I don't think they do want me, It's just I think that I'm always after something more serious, more deep, when a lot of people are after a shallow and social-oriented relationship. It makes me really sad.

I just care so much that it drives me crazy. It's the best feeling in the whole world to me and it's all I ultimately and initially want. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yes, very much. I remember the first time I asked a girl out. I couldn't sleep before I asked her out, and after I was so thrilled to be dating her that it would be near impossible to get to sleep every time I thought of her, which was almost every night.

Man, me too. I don't even want to sleep. The only thing that is functioning and that matters is her. And I like that. :D

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I definitely need to be loved. And that's probably not a good thing, because we can't always be loved..and I'm talking relationship-wise.

I always feel like I always want them more than they want me. It's not that I don't think they do want me, It's just I think that I'm always after something more serious, more deep, when a lot of people are after a shallow and social-oriented relationship. It makes me really sad.

I just care so much that it drives me crazy. It's the best feeling in the whole world to me and it's all I ultimately and initially want. Nothing more, nothing less.

Absolutely. I feel the most happy and alive when I am loving someone and being loved by them. I love exploring the depths of my emotion.

However, having experienced the other end of this, I don't think that it's fair for someone demand love that is not ready to be given. Real love takes time. A person may care in a way that is not as deep or impassioned as you, but that doesn't mean that they don't care at all. This area isn't all or nothing.

I'm not trying to be preachy, though. I'm just giving a different perspective. Believe me, I know where you're coming from.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Absolutely. I feel the most happy and alive when I am loving someone and being loved by them.

However, having experienced the other end of this, I don't think that it's fair for someone demand love that is not ready to be given. Real love takes time. A person may care in a way that is not as deep or impassioned as you, but that doesn't mean that they don't care at all. This area isn't all or nothing.

Yeah. I think the problem is that I really haven't experienced a lot of it. I'm really young but the feelings still reward and haunt me. I know I'll be in many shallow relationships, but all the better, and I'll take it for what it is. But somebody I'd marry would be somebody at my level.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah. I think the problem is that I really haven't experienced a lot of it. I'm really young but the feelings still reward and haunt me. I know I'll be in many shallow relationships, but all the better, and I'll take it for what it is. But somebody I'd marry would be somebody at my level.

Completely understandable. You deserve someone who cares about you as much as you care about them. You WILL find someone who will be at your level, or reach your level over time.

I'm very, very blessed to have several of these people in my life right now. .

'if you and i are looking at the moon at the same time, we're together with the moon in the middle' In other words, if we're both looking at the moon, we're together just by looking at the moon at the same time no matter how far the distance.

Very beautiful quote!

heart

heart on fire

It seems like whenever I meet somebody or develop a friendship with anybody that instantly ignites the flame inside me I not only feel a rush of compassion and motivation, but a sense of unquenchable thirst, in a sense.

Could it be a result of how deeply I (we) can feel things? That thirst that we can't tame until we get it? They dance in and out of your mind and you can't get up to join them. It's a great, but terrible, feeling.

And all of a sudden, it's really the only thing that you focus on. Every thing melts without a single thought and it's just you and the end of the tunnel. The beautiful tunnel, with light oozing through, as if drawn to it like a mosquito.

But there's always the thought that it could all melt away from you. You want to hold onto it as hard as you can, but know it could break in your love sick hands?

It's not limited to being "in-love" in a romantic way for me...I get this about people I study who have lived in the past, reading their biographies and things like that. You are exactly correct, a great but terrible feeling.

P

Phantonym

+ a million :cry: Exactly!

It's not limited to being "in-love" in a romantic way for me...I get this about people I study who have lived in the past, reading their biographies and things like that. You are exactly correct, a great but terrible feeling.

I can second that :yes:

For me it's about the thirst for knowledge about somebody you find interesting at that particular moment. And it's not about idealizing that person or wanting to possess them. Whether it's about romantic feelings or friendships, it is the need to find out as much information as possible to make up a picture of that person. This lasts for as long as it is needed to get the initial sketch ready in my mind and after that it's all about adding shades and colours.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Yes, I can definately identify with that. I just repress it, squish it down and stomp all over it rather than show an ounce of what I feel inside for anyone, until I am ready.

Actually I find that with my friends, or anyone else I actually love in this world, I don't show even a half of it since to do so, would be to make myself vunerable and I don't allow myself to be that. I feel sick because I am required to supress these intense emotions lest I frighten anyone away lol but I can't express myself anyway, I just get twisted up inside with my emotions because these are very private.

I do feel though, I can meet someone just once and feel love for them, walking away from such encounters with a small smile on my face, happy to have found yet one more soul I can connect to.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't need to be loved, because I'm not used to it anyway. I don't even feel the need to love, it even gives me weird feelings of guilt. But when something or someone that I love is being taken away from me, it does weird things to me. It makes me more pessimistic and unrealistic, and sometimes it seems then like I'd be manicly depressed or something. Believe me, I'm bad company when I'm lovesick.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Oh, man is it bad sometimes. Not to sound dramatic, but with certain people, I love them so much, and connect so deeply with them, that they become like hooks in my heart - if I try to pull them out to spare myself the intenseness of my feelings, then it tears me and hurts me. Sometimes I feel so trapped by it - I can't imagine living on earth without this person, they become my air, they feed me, they consume my thoughts, but I can't be near them, and it makes me feel a little wild inside, so I try to divorce myself from my thoughts, and then I don't feel like myself anymore.

Does anyone feel a sense of loss, like pining? I've always had a problem with that, to some extent, when I lose people or things I really cared about - I've only been in love once in my life, but when it all fell through, I felt like I was eating my heart out, and against my will even.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

I know exactly how you feel man, almost every chick I talk to I feel this way about, it can be very irritating some times because I waste hours laboring over the thoughts of if she returns my feelings. It sucks man, haha.