• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] What does an unhealthy INFP look like?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So I was walking around our ritzy mall today [cherry creek, I refer to it as "our little slice of LA"], was people watching, and an answer to this thread came to me:

"The only thing that matters is me and my emotions!"

I think that would be a good catchphrase for one type of unhealthy INFP

I could very well see an unhealthy _SFP saying that too, just in a meaner tone of voice.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Besides the crazy cat lady, there's also the self-absorbed, reclusive, miserable artist stereotype for unhealthy INFPs (unlike the ISFP who is romanticized for this, the INFP is outcast).

Don't you just hate that?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
crying-baby-doll.jpg

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At least he's happier than most INFPs! *rimshot*

wanderlust queen

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
:(

so many negatives on INFP's. my boyfriend says he fights his emotions/tempers nearly every day. i believe i add stability to him. at least, he says with me he's remembered how to take the world at it's moment and have fun with it.

i mean come on... isn't that the best part of life, anyhow? the adventures you can get into?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not to NFPs :)
It's fun, for sure, but our dreamworld is unlimited in its fun. This world holds boundaries, whether you like it or not. The only downside to our dreamworld is, we're alone there (except for imaginary friends :devil:) and the real world *will* come knocking and will drag us back out of it. It's inevitable.

Being shown how to enjoy that real world instead of considering it the evil overlord it appears to be for forcing you out of your dreamworld..is actually a very good thing, so I can see why he loves that you do that :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:(

so many negatives on INFP's. my boyfriend says he fights his emotions/tempers nearly every day. i believe i add stability to him. at least, he says with me he's remembered how to take the world at it's moment and have fun with it.

i mean come on... isn't that the best part of life, anyhow? the adventures you can get into?

Not to NFPs :)
It's fun, for sure, but our dreamworld is unlimited in its fun. This world holds boundaries, whether you like it or not. The only downside to our dreamworld is, we're alone there (except for imaginary friends :devil:) and the real world *will* come knocking and will drag us back out of it. It's inevitable.

Being shown how to enjoy that real world instead of considering it the evil overlord it appears to be for forcing you out of your dreamworld..is actually a very good thing, so I can see why he loves that you do that :)

The real world has a habit of being disappointing at it's best and annoyingly counter productive at it's worst. I'd love to go for real adventures in the physical if only I had people with me who were reliable enough to go with. Wonderlust, if he's enjoying going with you, you're likely being one of those rare people who are actually fun or reliable to do those things with. He must love you very much just for doing that for him alone. I find that inside there's a dragon always looking to burn the world down and by willpower I'm always fighting to keep it under control. As disciplined as I can look to the outside world there's a part of me that just wants to see it burn; and it hurts every time I see it in my mind's eye.

Quiet Fire

MBTI Type
infp
Somehow there's something unhealthy or unbalanced - or perhaps without perspective - to talk only about the 'unhealthy' side of people... yes.. it's people you're talking about here. I realize that was the question/thread, but you can't have one without the other. And for such a sorry (unhealthy) looking/feeling bunch, INFPs sure have contributed a lot to the world.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I kept looking at it and trying to read the inscription trying to figure out what the joke was.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Somehow there's something unhealthy or unbalanced - or perhaps without perspective - to talk only about the 'unhealthy' side of people... yes.. it's people you're talking about here. I realize that was the question/thread, but you can't have one without the other. And for such a sorry (unhealthy) looking/feeling bunch, INFPs sure have contributed a lot to the world.

I'd venture to say that after sensors, INFPs get bagged on the most here. Considering we're known to be sensitive, I think the INFPs take it pretty well though.

If you check the "what you like about INFP" threads, it's mostly INFPs posting :doh: :D.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
I find that inside there's a dragon always looking to burn the world down and by willpower I'm always fighting to keep it under control. As disciplined as I can look to the outside world there's a part of me that just wants to see it burn; and it hurts every time I see it in my mind's eye.

I can kinda relate to the dragon thing...only if you shrink it a tad *is short*, lock it in a mighty safe and then throw it into the ocean. Then pump it with vindictive (Too emotionally switched off to be self aware), dark, indulgent and boundlessly selfish.

Then there's a sort of unhealthy INFP that probably will look pretty healthy and happy from the outside, but is emotionally unavailable--- the one who wants fantasy love over the real thing. That one will likely doorslam when things get serious too, but probably will be acting in a more subconscious, unware manner than the first two. This last type would rationalize EVERYTHING to themselves so they can keep up the fanatsy...so when you start wanting to be a real person, they run or push you away.

Almost to a t, only emotionally unavailable even to myself when unhealthy.

Do any of you find there are close friends (even best friends) who'll bemusedly tell you they've realised they've never seen you get angry, not once?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd venture to say that after sensors, INFPs get bagged on the most here.

In general, F dom = devil and N dom = awesome in flesh form. ENFJ and INFP get criticism while INFJ and ENFP get praise.

saxman

MBTI Type
INFP
In general, F dom = devil and N dom = awesome in flesh form. ENFJ and INFP get criticism while INFJ and ENFP get praise.

Yeah, but those who bag us seem to think we are great when they need someone to talk to.

Considering all the things people have told me over the years, I'm not convinced the rest of the world is all that healthy.

wanderlust queen

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
The real world has a habit of being disappointing at it's best and annoyingly counter productive at it's worst. I'd love to go for real adventures in the physical if only I had people with me who were reliable enough to go with. Wonderlust, if he's enjoying going with you, you're likely being one of those rare people who are actually fun or reliable to do those things with. He must love you very much just for doing that for him alone. I find that inside there's a dragon always looking to burn the world down and by willpower I'm always fighting to keep it under control. As disciplined as I can look to the outside world there's a part of me that just wants to see it burn; and it hurts every time I see it in my mind's eye.

thank you for the compliment!

and how wonderfully descriptive you've made your world, even though it sounds sad to me. i had a short time in my life where i viewed the world in such a way, but it's truly not in my deep nature to think of it like that. i feel like you can make your own world and rules for it, and if you wish, never be too deeply distraught again on where it takes you over.

then again, i've been told by some to stop "running away" from my problems. i don't see it as running away as much as it's identifying them, and then going from there on what will make it work/make me feel better.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Doesn't every type have this kind of thread?