User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by yojez View Post
    what is the difference between an unhealthy infp and a person who has borderline personality disorder? Also I mean aren't these traits that alot of introverted people have when they are "unhealthy" ? just

If it is a developmental problem or a false belief or that the person is teen and living in intolerable misery, well these things can eventually be overcome through growth and becoming of age and getting away from unhealthy situations, but from what I understand Personality Disorders are very, very hard to treat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    How I am generalizing INFPs? It was an example. That particular teacher was a really jaded INFP. He used to talk about rejection, love, and death ALL the time. I have seen the Fi misery irl. It's not a pretty thing. However, one of the most healthy people I know is an INFP and I usually love the laidback, positive outlook that many of them seem to possess. To counteract the "jaded INFP teacher", I had another INFP teacher that was quite the opposite. EDIT: This is the "unhealthy INFP" thread not the "normal INFP" or "awesome INFP" thread. Unhealthy is WAY different than average or healthy. This is all based from my own experiences of VERY UNHEALTHY versions of the type. It is not how generally view the type. Sorry, if I have offended anyone. Now I will STFU.
    I am not offended in any way. No worries there. (Bold type not required.)

In that post above, I was commenting on the tendency to type anyone who appears jaded, emo, morose or sullen AS an INFP. Perhaps you are not making this type of assumption and if this is the case, I offer my apologies.

As an aside, I wonder where everyone meets all these INFP's IRL. Using myself as the baseline, I only know a couple of folks who resonate with me this way.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    In that post above, I was commenting on the tendency to type anyone who appears jaded, emo, morose or sullen AS an INFP.
    Nah, they could be INTP.

:yim_rolling_on_the_:

As an aside, I wonder where everyone meets all these INFP's IRL. Using myself as the baseline, I only know a couple of folks who resonate with me this way.
    If it helps any, I have never met anyone who resonated with me in a way that made me say, "we have the same personality/type" I have met allegedly 4 other women who are ENFP in my life but I never saw myself in them or thought we were "the same" or anything. It still puzzles me and I think the online tests they took were totally off. In fact 1 ENFP woman I met in highschool - we mutually couldn't stand each other and to this day I am convinced she is an enTp not an ENFP which makes so much more sense.

I have met people who I have thought shared my zest for life or were also kooky like me or who intrigued me or I really enjoyed being around - but not so much "damn, there's another ENFP". The people who resonated with me I didn't think were the same "type" but I thought we had some key things in common and were complementary.

Also I think types don't necessarily attract or even recognize their own type. I think I have attracted alleged ENFPs in the past but usually it's INXPs that I attract or tend to have an "over-representation" of in my life.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

that's what an unhealthy INFP looks like.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

^ Yup. Unhealthy INFPs do tend to use their cell phone while driving.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    ^ Yup. Unhealthy INFPs do tend to use their cell phone while driving.
    The one driving isn't an infp.
    He personality type is BITCH.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Are we??? I haven't met too many other INFP's who were vegetarian, meditate everyday, have martial arts and firearms training, hold there own with INT's in technical discussions, know how to kill people, wanted to be an army commando, have an advanced degree in physics, avoid most "art", do tai chi almost everyday, and read the history of math for fun, amongst various other activities...
    Actually, I bet it's pretty common for INFP's to be vegetarian or semi vegetarian, enjoy debates, and meditate. So would be reading the history of anything, if it's an interest. I'd guess the advanced degree in physics, avoiding art and wanting to be an army commando are less common.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

heart on fire

Why do so many people seem to think INFP is prone to dramatic displays of emotional hysteria?

When I was at my unhealthiest, I was so withdrawn, I didn't let anyone around me see my emotions. I would listen to people a lot but never reveal the secrets of my inner thoughts or feelings. I'd have died before I would have given someone that kind of power over me, to know when my feelings were hurt or I was angry or my strong opinions. Alone I could be quite over the top, but never around others. People often could pick up on my emotions as an oppressive force and react to me, but I did nothing tangible and I resented their attempts to force me to emotionally engage with them. I mostly wanted to pass through the world as a ghost.

Whenever I read about people and their experiences with "overemotional INFP crying, hand wringing, hair pulling INFP" I tend to think they've typed the person incorrectly. Am I the only INFP who thinks this? Just curious.
    Likes Novella liked this post

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Whenever I read about people and their experiences with "overemotional INFP crying, hand wringing, hair pulling INFP" I tend to think they've typed the person incorrectly. Am I the only INFP who thinks this? Just curious.
    I relate more to your description than anything else. I don't do wild displays of drama when I'm hurt. At my unhealthiest I was quite passive aggressive, though. I wouldn't let you see that I was hurt, but damned if I was going to let you think I was well, too.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I relate more to your description than anything else. I don't do wild displays of drama when I'm hurt. At my unhealthiest I was quite passive aggressive, though. I wouldn't let you see that I was hurt, but damned if I was going to let you think I was well, too.
    I wanted to be totally stoic and invisible. Yet I always seemed to draw attention. The more I tried to withdraw, the more people tried to draw me out and now that could draw a response from me that my mother called "cutting people with your eyes" and then people would respond negatively and I would be "ah-ha! people do not like me, I was right!"

Oh it was an awful and misguided time of my life. I feel really bad about it now but too late to change anything. If only I might be able to go back to about age 11 and start all over again!