User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 253

  1. #11
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Are there many INFP's that think they are healthy?

  2. #12
    Senior Member Coeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Are there many INFP's that think they are healthy?
    I think that I am healthy now. I've become a lot more balanced than I was when I was younger. I used to be VERY unhealthy.

  3. #13
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    What do you see as the difference?

  4. #14
    Senior Member Coeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    What do you see as the difference?
    I'm able to balance my emotions out with logic. In other words, I have more control over what I'm feeling, instead of letting myself fall into a downward spiral. I also have less of a tendancy to fall apart in the first place. Things don't affect me as strongly and I'm able to bounce back from bad situations. I'm less dependent on people. I'm less neurotic and more confident in myself. My social skills have improved and I'm a lot more outgoing. Those are the main things, I believe.

  5. #15
    Badoom~ Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    I think that unhealthy INFPs can vary depending on their Enneagram (because I believe than EnType matters just as much as MBTI type, if not more in certain cases). The INFP type seems to be mostly EnType Four, though. With that type, they become so embroiled in their own feeling that they don't even take them objectively. They become controlled by it and tend to withdraw, trying to break away from the emotions which have become menacing. This can lead to abuse like alcohol or even food abuse. A better description of unhealthy/healthy fours can be found here

    All of that was theoretical stuff. I don't have enough good experience to be of any concrete help. But anyway, Coeur described it very well AND he's an experienced INFP to boot!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Coeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I think that unhealthy INFPs can vary depending on their Enneagram (because I believe than EnType matters just as much as MBTI type, if not more in certain cases). The INFP type seems to be mostly EnType Four, though. With that type, they become so embroiled in their own feeling that they don't even take them objectively. They become controlled by it and tend to withdraw, trying to break away from the emotions which have become menacing. This can lead to abuse like alcohol or even food abuse. A better description of unhealthy/healthy fours can be found here

    All of that was theoretical stuff. I don't have enough good experience to be of any concrete help. But anyway, Coeur described it very well AND he's an experienced INFP to boot!
    That sounds about right, although I've never engaged in substance abuse. I'm a 4w5.

  7. #17
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Are there many INFP's that think they are healthy?


    Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    I'm able to balance my emotions out with logic. In other words, I have more control over what I'm feeling, instead of letting myself fall into a downward spiral. I also have less of a tendancy to fall apart in the first place. Things don't affect me as strongly and I'm able to bounce back from bad situations. I'm less dependent on people. I'm less neurotic and more confident in myself. My social skills have improved and I'm a lot more outgoing. Those are the main things, I believe.
    I relate to this fully. Healthy INFPs FTW.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  8. #18
    Senior Member Coeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I relate to this fully. Healthy INFPs FTW.


    Has anyone else noticed that all INFPs are eerily similar?

  9. #19
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Are there many INFP's that think they are healthy?
    INFPs tend to be very hard on themselves, don't give themselves much credit, and are often perfectionists. Even if they feel mostly healthy, they probably see tons of room for self-improvement, and they may tend to dwell on where they lack over the positive side.

    I actually feel that no one is truly "healthy" anyway, but there are simply degrees of unhealthiness. If the negative tendencies of the INFP personality interfere with functioning in life and gaining some kind of satisfaction and happiness, then that's when it's a big problem.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  10. #20
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post


    Has anyone else noticed that all INFPs are eerily similar?


    Yes.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] What does an unhealthy INTJ look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 07-04-2017, 03:03 AM
  2. [ISFJ] ISFJ Personality Traits - What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By chatoyer in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 09:23 AM
  3. [ESFP] What does an unhealthy ESFP look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM
  4. [ENFP] What does an UNhealthy ENFP look like?
    By Betty Blue in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 02:19 AM
  5. [ISFJ] What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO