First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust queen View Post

so many negatives on INFP's. my boyfriend says he fights his emotions/tempers nearly every day. i believe i add stability to him. at least, he says with me he's remembered how to take the world at it's moment and have fun with it.

i mean come on... isn't that the best part of life, anyhow? the adventures you can get into?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Not to NFPs
    It's fun, for sure, but our dreamworld is unlimited in its fun. This world holds boundaries, whether you like it or not. The only downside to our dreamworld is, we're alone there (except for imaginary friends ) and the real world *will* come knocking and will drag us back out of it. It's inevitable.

Being shown how to enjoy that real world instead of considering it the evil overlord it appears to be for forcing you out of your dreamworld..is actually a very good thing, so I can see why he loves that you do that
    The real world has a habit of being disappointing at it's best and annoyingly counter productive at it's worst. I'd love to go for real adventures in the physical if only I had people with me who were reliable enough to go with. Wonderlust, if he's enjoying going with you, you're likely being one of those rare people who are actually fun or reliable to do those things with. He must love you very much just for doing that for him alone. I find that inside there's a dragon always looking to burn the world down and by willpower I'm always fighting to keep it under control. As disciplined as I can look to the outside world there's a part of me that just wants to see it burn; and it hurts every time I see it in my mind's eye.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp

Somehow there's something unhealthy or unbalanced - or perhaps without perspective - to talk only about the 'unhealthy' side of people... yes.. it's people you're talking about here. I realize that was the question/thread, but you can't have one without the other. And for such a sorry (unhealthy) looking/feeling bunch, INFPs sure have contributed a lot to the world.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I kept looking at it and trying to read the inscription trying to figure out what the joke was.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Fire View Post
    Somehow there's something unhealthy or unbalanced - or perhaps without perspective - to talk only about the 'unhealthy' side of people... yes.. it's people you're talking about here. I realize that was the question/thread, but you can't have one without the other. And for such a sorry (unhealthy) looking/feeling bunch, INFPs sure have contributed a lot to the world.
    I'd venture to say that after sensors, INFPs get bagged on the most here. Considering we're known to be sensitive, I think the INFPs take it pretty well though.

If you check the "what you like about INFP" threads, it's mostly INFPs posting .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I find that inside there's a dragon always looking to burn the world down and by willpower I'm always fighting to keep it under control. As disciplined as I can look to the outside world there's a part of me that just wants to see it burn; and it hurts every time I see it in my mind's eye.
    I can kinda relate to the dragon thing...only if you shrink it a tad *is short*, lock it in a mighty safe and then throw it into the ocean. Then pump it with vindictive (Too emotionally switched off to be self aware), dark, indulgent and boundlessly selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Then there's a sort of unhealthy INFP that probably will look pretty healthy and happy from the outside, but is emotionally unavailable--- the one who wants fantasy love over the real thing. That one will likely doorslam when things get serious too, but probably will be acting in a more subconscious, unware manner than the first two. This last type would rationalize EVERYTHING to themselves so they can keep up the fanatsy...so when you start wanting to be a real person, they run or push you away.
    Almost to a t, only emotionally unavailable even to myself when unhealthy.

Do any of you find there are close friends (even best friends) who'll bemusedly tell you they've realised they've never seen you get angry, not once?
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'd venture to say that after sensors, INFPs get bagged on the most here.
    In general, F dom = devil and N dom = awesome in flesh form. ENFJ and INFP get criticism while INFJ and ENFP get praise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    In general, F dom = devil and N dom = awesome in flesh form. ENFJ and INFP get criticism while INFJ and ENFP get praise.

It's NT bias!!! :P
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yeah, but those who bag us seem to think we are great when they need someone to talk to.

Considering all the things people have told me over the years, I'm not convinced the rest of the world is all that healthy.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    The real world has a habit of being disappointing at it's best and annoyingly counter productive at it's worst. I'd love to go for real adventures in the physical if only I had people with me who were reliable enough to go with. Wonderlust, if he's enjoying going with you, you're likely being one of those rare people who are actually fun or reliable to do those things with. He must love you very much just for doing that for him alone. I find that inside there's a dragon always looking to burn the world down and by willpower I'm always fighting to keep it under control. As disciplined as I can look to the outside world there's a part of me that just wants to see it burn; and it hurts every time I see it in my mind's eye.
    thank you for the compliment!

and how wonderfully descriptive you've made your world, even though it sounds sad to me. i had a short time in my life where i viewed the world in such a way, but it's truly not in my deep nature to think of it like that. i feel like you can make your own world and rules for it, and if you wish, never be too deeply distraught again on where it takes you over.

then again, i've been told by some to stop "running away" from my problems. i don't see it as running away as much as it's identifying them, and then going from there on what will make it work/make me feel better.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Doesn't every type have this kind of thread?