• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Male ENFP + Female INFJ = ?

Mr.Dude

MBTI Type
ENFP
So, an ENFP male and an INFJ female. How would that relationship work out?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
beware of the ni!!!!! haha kidding it should be cool. good luck to ya. :)

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I would like to know too. I'm interested in an INFJ (could be INFP). My INFJ friend once we get going, well, it's an INTENSE conversation. Though I'm 100% sure he thinks I talk too much. But I ask him and he says he doesn't mind. But I'd like to know how it'd work out in a relationship.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I would like to know too. I'm interested in an INFJ (could be INFP). My INFJ friend once we get going, well, it's an INTENSE conversation. Though I'm 100% sure he thinks I talk too much. But I ask him and he says he doesn't mind. But I'd like to know how it'd work out in a relationship.

I can listen to conversations or people talking or whatever for a looong time, unless it gets annoying. Then I'll either leave or tell the offender to quiet down OR change the subject.

If I can relate to the ENFP we kick off almost instantly. If I can't, nothing really happens besides maybe a bit of attraction. I haven't met an ENFP that's marriage worthy yet, though. I like mellow people. When an ENFP gets mellow I get paranoid: "Oh crap, did I do something to offend them? :cry:" And still stay wary even when they almost literally hop back into their high-on-life self.

Mr.Dude

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can listen to conversations or people talking or whatever for a looong time, unless it gets annoying. Then I'll either leave or tell the offender to quiet down OR change the subject.

If I can relate to the ENFP we kick off almost instantly. If I can't, nothing really happens besides maybe a bit of attraction. I haven't met an ENFP that's marriage worthy yet, though. I like mellow people. When an ENFP gets mellow I get paranoid: "Oh crap, did I do something to offend them? :cry:" And still stay wary even when they almost literally hop back into their high-on-life self.

hehe, we can be a little energetic at times. Like this morning, I was insanely tired, but I was still being an ENFP, hahaha. The person I was driving with was like, wow, you're not tired at all, are you? And I was like, what? Noway, I'm wayyyy tired, just naturally energetic. Bwahahaha!

But yes, I'm gonna see my wonderful INFJ tonight... hopefully. From what I see so far, things work out VERY well between us. She's really something special. INFJ's are wonderful.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
hehe, we can be a little energetic at times. Like this morning, I was insanely tired, but I was still being an ENFP, hahaha. The person I was driving with was like, wow, you're not tired at all, are you? And I was like, what? Noway, I'm wayyyy tired, just naturally energetic. Bwahahaha!

But yes, I'm gonna see my wonderful INFJ tonight... hopefully. From what I see so far, things work out VERY well between us. She's really something special. INFJ's are wonderful.

You're lucky. All the INFJs I know are either out of my league or out of my reach. And the ENFPs I know I don't relate to or are male. I have yet to find that perfect INTP girl either :D

May the relationship turn out well :)

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've been dating an INFJ girl for over a year and a half and for the most part its great. She's tremendously sensitive, very compassionate and loyal. I guess our biggest problem is communication; she has a lot of trouble expressing her feelings, which can be frustrating when you're trying to have those "state of the relationship" discussions which I'm probably more fond of than I ought to be. I guess that's really the only barrier: I always want to talk things out and she has difficulty doing that. Also, if possible check your insecurities at the door, because INFJ's aren't big on ego-padding compliments. To them talk is cheap, so if you're expecting affection to be expressed verbally that may not happen as often as you'd like. For me talk is the relationship's currency, so that's another difficulty.
However, she really is an amazing listener. Its funny because we're both the kind of people who have people approaching us with their problems, but we handle them with completely different approaches. She listens, listens, listens, whereas I ask probing questions and actively try to get the person to confront their feelings directly.
If you want somebody to listen to your rants, and be excited by your passion, an INFJ will be perfect. They love to see the passion in others, and whatever your interests are, the INFJ will encourage you to embrace them wholeheartedly.
All in all, INFJ's are lovely people. There are difficulties (for me anyway) in maintaining an openly communicative relationship, but their warmth, kindness, and insightfulness more than make up for those difficulties.

Hope I've helped! -ferris

Mr.Dude

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well... I find it easy to talk openly with her, and she's really been opening up to me lately as well. Not sure what this means though, cause it looks like INFJ's aren't all that openly communicative, whereas, with me, she is.

Scarfism

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well... I find it easy to talk openly with her, and she's really been opening up to me lately as well. Not sure what this means though, cause it looks like INFJ's aren't all that openly communicative, whereas, with me, she is.

She's definitely comfortable with you, which is a good thing for her. :yes:

ENFPs make me smile. :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Wow. It's always been my dream to end up with an INFJ. I'm so insanely attracted to their personality it isn't funny. INFPs too, but INFJs really get me going.

Aiguille

MBTI Type
Infj
Gotta say, when I was still with my ENFP, it was ridiculous (of the fantastic variety).

binka

MBTI Type
INFJ
ENFPs are great.
But I'm not sure that INFJ are looking for the same thing with ENFP, because in my situation, when I felt ENFP is not going to have or plan a stable relationship with me, and kept looking for new ones, I stopped talk to him.
And that's the end of my story.

G

garbage

ENFPs are great.
But I'm not sure that INFJ are looking for the same thing with ENFP, because in my situation, when I felt ENFP is not going to have or plan a stable relationship with me, and kept looking for new ones, I stopped talk to him.
And that's the end of my story.

More mature ENFPs are going to be looking for stable relationships, hopefully.

I wouldn't mind trying INFJ, either, but I'm pretty sure that I've never even met one so I have no idea what they'd be like.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been dating an INFJ girl for over a year and a half and for the most part its great. She's tremendously sensitive, very compassionate and loyal. I guess our biggest problem is communication; she has a lot of trouble expressing her feelings, which can be frustrating when you're trying to have those "state of the relationship" discussions which I'm probably more fond of than I ought to be. I guess that's really the only barrier: I always want to talk things out and she has difficulty doing that. Also, if possible check your insecurities at the door, because INFJ's aren't big on ego-padding compliments. To them talk is cheap, so if you're expecting affection to be expressed verbally that may not happen as often as you'd like. For me talk is the relationship's currency, so that's another difficulty.
However, she really is an amazing listener. Its funny because we're both the kind of people who have people approaching us with their problems, but we handle them with completely different approaches. She listens, listens, listens, whereas I ask probing questions and actively try to get the person to confront their feelings directly.
If you want somebody to listen to your rants, and be excited by your passion, an INFJ will be perfect. They love to see the passion in others, and whatever your interests are, the INFJ will encourage you to embrace them wholeheartedly.
All in all, INFJ's are lovely people. There are difficulties (for me anyway) in maintaining an openly communicative relationship, but their warmth, kindness, and insightfulness more than make up for those difficulties.

Hope I've helped! -ferris

I guess this is an example of type and personality not meshing. I am the antithesis of the bolded. I don't mean to be judgmental or anything like that, but this sounds like isfjs I know. They don't particularly like to talk, and don't really have too much to say about stuff. I, on the other hand, and the few infjs I know, can talk about our feelings all day. And, furthermore, I NEED to sound off when I'm struggling with something.

My experience with an enfp male friend: I can connect with him on that intuitive plane and we have a lot of the same ideas about living and ideals for society, and can have nice discussions, but he is so scattered much of the time living as an extravert who likes to connect deeply with as many people as possible, that he ends up stretching himself so thin, that when I'm around him, I feel like I only have a small time allotment before he needs to move on to something/one else. I actually feel this with many e's in general. This particular one also has some control issues with me over ideas, and the way we should run something (we are involved in a group together); he has his ideas and I have mine and I could see where we would argue about that if I were in a relationship with him. But there is nothing wrong with arguing or working through things, it's just that I don't really want my Ni/Fe ideals of Utopia to have to be accomodating to someone else all the time. I like need much mental and imaginative space, or else I feel squelched and stifled.

His wife is an INFJ however, and they have a great relationship, pretty much. She's hinted at problems in that she gets frustrated with his spontaneity and lack of planning, and I think he gets frustrated with her lack of wanting to LEAP forth with him in his whims. And they don't necessarily have the greatest sex life I don't think, nor communicate very often with each other (because of being busy), yet seem to be good companions.

Just my limited observations. It's all anecdotal anyway. :laugh:

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Magic 8 ball: Very Likely

revolve

i am a female enfp & i finally snagged me an infj . . . i waited forever

binka

MBTI Type
INFJ
One ENFP I dated for a year that I hated him to death.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
infjs talk about their lives in emotional language, and they like to communicate about what is most important to them, what they struggle with, etc, but they have difficulty with their own emotional awareness. their skills are much better suited towards recognizing/reconstructing the inner states of others. all those goddamned mirror neurons.

i have enormous difficulty making decisions, and in some contexts, this fucks up my communication skills in those serious relationship talks, moments, etc. i just don't know what to say, bc i don't have an accurate reading on the situation. i am floating over my average self, and i sway so far depending on a variety of somewhat relevant but not the truth factors, and it's difficult for me to commit to a specific anything in the moment. instead it always feels like i'm working on it.

i do know that enfps catalyze my emotions better than any other type. i just feel more emotionally free with them than other types, i feel like they recognize exactly where i am on an emotional level, they can figure it out better than me, and with 7w6s, they are usually very gentle and supportive and imaginative and funny. the connection is very natural. i think, in my experience, it might take a little more time for female enfp-male infj than the opposite, as the timidity can still be pretty high with unsocial infjs and anxious 7w6 enfps. enfp females generally have no issues with physical distance, until they become aware of it, or there's a change in tenor. then it can become quite self-conscious. that probably depends, as much as anything, on instinctual subtype as well. i mainly know so/sx for 7w6, the only sx/so types i've met are 7w8.