User Tag List

First 234

garbage

Let's all just start reading "INFJs" as "most INFJs, from what I know" and get on with some actual meaningful discussion

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Let's all just start reading "INFJs" as "most INFJs, from what I know" and get on with some actual meaningful discussion

How about just "What I know is......"? capiche?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP

personality page lists INFJ and ENFP as natural partners, whatever that means

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

One of the happiest IRL pairings I believe I have ever seen is an ENFP male/INFJ female.

The wife is independent and okay with being left at home alone while her husband goes out and has coffee/talks to everybody in town every day. She doesn't appear to be threatened by his gregariousness -- he is gregarious to the point of almost flirting with everybody in a Southern Gentleman sort of way, if that makes sense, which speaks of her not having a major insecurity problem.

He is really accepting of her need for alone time and, even though he has a public kind of job, he's not always trying to push her into the limelight, though he does publicly praise her and make it very clear that he adores her.

I think respect and acceptance along with strong mutual attraction/genuine like/admiration are essential to a happy relationship and I see that in play with this couple. Having shared values and a common goal are also very much in play -- they have owned and operated a restaurant together and have also pastored a church, which is kind of like running a family business.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    My experience with an enfp male friend: I can connect with him on that intuitive plane and we have a lot of the same ideas about living and ideals for society, and can have nice discussions, but he is so scattered much of the time living as an extravert who likes to connect deeply with as many people as possible, that he ends up stretching himself so thin, that when I'm around him, I feel like I only have a small time allotment before he needs to move on to something/one else.
    This so much. Same experience I had. I enjoyed being around him, so smart and funny. But when it was just he and I away from his usual audience and we found out we shared a temperament, I felt like he wanted to get down to bonding on that level pretty quick and it was a little disconcerting for me. He was (and is) great but I felt a little like he was always performing for his audiences. He just naturally captivated people, thats all. We exchanged books. He gave me The Razor's Edge and I gave him Siddhartha and I wish him well in all things.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    This so much. Same experience I had. I enjoyed being around him, so smart and funny. But when it was just he and I away from his usual audience and we found out we shared a temperament, I felt like he wanted to get down to bonding on that level pretty quick and it was a little disconcerting for me. He was (and is) great but I felt a little like he was always performing for his audiences. He just naturally captivated people, thats all. We exchanged books. He gave me The Razor's Edge and I gave him Siddhartha and I wish him well in all things.
    i'm sorry to hear that this male enfp didn't really make you feel as special as you are . . .
    i'm guessing that these enfp males were under the age of 30 . . . but let me tell you an enfp that is 30+ slows down a lot & should / would appreciate the heck out of an infj. now that i'm 30+ (i'm a female enfp) i realize when younger i was mostly into SPs . . . and i probably blew off some INFPs / INFJs along my journeys because of my fast paced / stimulation seeking mentality . . . but now that i'm older, more grounded & really know who i am and what i want . . . i really cannot contemplate a better life partner than an INFJ. You guys are magic to me. pure magic.

MBTI
    ENFP

can someone write a guide on how to hit on an INFJ please?

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu562 View Post
    can someone write a guide on how to hit on an INFJ please?
    well, with a name like Tofu, i don't think you'd have to try too hard hehe